A perspective on Dak

pansophy

Reaction score
Skins had to sign Josh Johnson as their bad up QB. I know Dak isn't perfect and has aspects of the game he needs to work on. But, the Skins QB situation, proves of difficult it can be for some teams to fill in the QB position, if they don't already had a capable starting QB or lose their capable starting QB.

Dak may not be elite, or a top then QB. But, the Cowboys are still in a better spot concerning the QB position than a lot of teams are.
We haven't seen Cooper or White since the preseason but Dak looked far and away better than both of those guys then despite my many complaints about his play.

He continues to improve as well, just not sure why we seem so rushed to extend him unless we think we can get him cheaper now.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I agree but for me it is not producing in the redzone. Cowboys have moved the ball much better, Dallas drove 85 yards after stopping the saints on 4th and goal and taking over at the 2 yard line yet had to settle for the FG from the Saints 19 that included some critical passes by Dak like the 17 yard pass and run to Jarwin as we were backed up at the goal line. I think if Dallas can start doing a better job of executing in the redzone and put up 7's instead of 3's this team has a chance to make a run.
I agree. And that’s when I’d like to see read-option/ run-pass-option.

Much much more. Or straight runs

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I agree. And that’s when I’d like to see read-option/pass-option.

Much much more. Or straight runs

OL needs to do better then, there are just not a lot of holes down in the redzone, defense does not have to worry about getting beat deep and safeties and LB are crowding the line giving little space to run. Run or pass what I want to see is execution including Dak, because how the defense tend to play up tight to the line that also allows them to get pressure quicker so Dak has to make those throws quicker and in terms of running the OL has to impose their will on defense because those are very tough yards to come by on the ground.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
You really do struggle with reading comprehension don't you? Maybe just comprehension in general.

I said 22 yards from the LOS...28 from where he threw it from, which doesn't matter. Looking at the chart it has it at 21 yards...i am good with that.

What point do you feel like you made again?
what was your point.....you mentioned 28...why was that relevant to the discussion at all? if not, then why even mention it.... you Dak lovers will do anything to make him look good and elite....and come up with any excuses to "excuse" his performance.

Ken

Reaction score
what was your point.....you mentioned 28...why was that relevant to the discussion at all? if not, then why even mention it.... you Dak lovers will do anything to make him look good and elite....and come up with any excuses to "excuse" his performance.
There was no real point. Just something shiny you could latch onto after getting destroyed saying false facts.

kazzd58

Reaction score
Skins had to sign Josh Johnson as their bad up QB. I know Dak isn't perfect and has aspects of the game he needs to work on. But, the Skins QB situation, proves of difficult it can be for some teams to fill in the QB position, if they don't already had a capable starting QB or lose their capable starting QB.

Dak may not be elite, or a top then QB. But, the Cowboys are still in a better spot concerning the QB position than a lot of teams are.

Goaline Playcalling bruh... Playcalling is allllllll it is... but you know JG..

DFWJC

Reaction score
:lmao:
giphy.gif

kskboys

Reaction score
The NFL scouts are giving this "inaccurate" info. From his scouting report:

• Inconsistency mars almost every aspect of his game, especially mechanically
  • Location and accuracy are generally poor, makes receivers adjust to off-target balls and minimizes yards after catch
  • Doesn’t possess the heralded “power arm” that he was once rumored to have
  • Deep ball accuracy is lacking, touch passing needs a compass
It goes on, but the point is, all of this can be seen in any given game. Even without scouts having told all of us this prior to him becoming Dallas' 3rd string QB, everyone with eyes could see it in play, even during his vaunted 2016 season.
And everything you just posted does not say he doesn't have enough arm strength.

Hey, there's stuff he needs to work on, no doubt. No need to lie about his weaknesses.

lk8701

Reaction score
Being better than the Commanders, is a low bar and not something to feel good about. Same as saying "at least we're not the Browns." You need higher standards than that.

Mayfield is way better than Dak.

Number1

Reaction score
The Cowboys leading receiver is....

Zeke. 53 catches.

When your RB is your #1 WR you are a check down QB.

or maybe you just call a lot of screens with a OL struggling to pass block and w/o a TE and 5 new WRs

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
OL needs to do better then, there are just not a lot of holes down in the redzone, defense does not have to worry about getting beat deep and safeties and LB are crowding the line giving little space to run. Run or pass what I want to see is execution including Dak, because how the defense tend to play up tight to the line that also allows them to get pressure quicker so Dak has to make those throws quicker and in terms of running the OL has to impose their will on defense because those are very tough yards to come by on the ground.
I completely agree on the o line blocking and the need for a quick pass and decision

On the read option Dak only has a d lineman(maybe) to beat. I think he can more than not and I’d like him to keep it a little more. Especially near the goal line. If he reads pass it’s a quick decision and the beauty of that offense. Clearly there’s a balance and we can’t use it too much. Maybe just a little bit more.

When he hands it off many times you can see if he had kept it he likely scores.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
and yeah the skins wish they had our offensive line too, but ours isn't good enough for Dak. smh

DuncanIso

Reaction score
or maybe you just call a lot of screens with a OL struggling to pass block and w/o a TE and 5 new WRs

That struggling OL has Zeke leading the NFL in rushing.

The passing stats are in the tank.

You can google the stats if you don’t believe it.

There’s no spin. Just facts.