A perspective on Dak

starfan1

Reaction score
16-12 since the start of 2017.

I guess that’s winning.
29-15 since start if 2016 does that sound better? Only 1 active qb has better results. That’s not to say things don’t need to improve but in the end what’s most important . I’ll go with the W

And what’s the alternative?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
if he completes 90% of his passes and we still score 20 points a game, then it doesn't matter.
3rd conversion up to 50% since the addition of Cooper which helps with time of possession. Cooper 8 targets 8 completions against the Saints; I believe Gallup 9 targets 9 completions against the Saints. Youre right it doesnt matter....

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
why do Dak lovers get offended when anyone says Dak is average. what is wrong with that? if you would have read my other posts. I have said all along, there is no other solution. we are stuck with Dak. so what we have to do is game plan with Dak in mind, that he is not an elite passer and will probably never be an elite passer and we can't consistently win with our passing game. we are primarily a running team and Zeke central! sowe need to have a scheme, game plan and approach designed to utilize Zeke. he is the key to the Offense. given that its easier to find a WR (ala trade), build a strong OL, have a great running game and surround him with strong cast and minimize dependency on passing to win all Dak has to do is drive the bus, minimize his mistakes and make an occasional play.... what's wrong with that? why is every Dak lover so keen on making him to be this Elite QB in the league where its clear he is not.

its simple, all other stats aside. When Zeke was out, the team was 3-3. when Zeke has a good day (100+ yards total), we are 6-1. When he doesn't we are 1-4. before cooper. after cooper. Dak is been slightly better after Cooper.

tell me what's wrong with Dak being a middle of the pack QB? and why are you offended when anyone says that?

Cause there blinded by there Dak-Crush......soon there going to buy him a Diamond ring and some flowers.....:muttley:

visionary

Reaction score
Skins had to sign Josh Johnson as their bad up QB. I know Dak isn't perfect and has aspects of the game he needs to work on. But, the Skins QB situation, proves of difficult it can be for some teams to fill in the QB position, if they don't already had a capable starting QB or lose their capable starting QB.

Dak may not be elite, or a top then QB. But, the Cowboys are still in a better spot concerning the QB position than a lot of teams are.

"We are better than a lot of teams"

That is the right attitude to have about the most important position on a football team :rolleyes:

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
3rd conversion up to 50% since the addition of Cooper which helps with time of possession. Cooper 8 targets 8 completions against the Saints; I believe Gallup 9 targets 9 completions against the Saints. Youre right it doesnt matter....
all that aside....the scoring has to improve. bottom line. if it does. great....and we all agree surround Dak with Talent and he can drive the bus to victory, because he minimizes mistakes. in our offense he doesn't have to be a great passer. and part of his problem becomes an issue, inside the redzone. he can keep drives alive, which is good. get yards, between the 20s. but we get inside the redzone and accuracy is of high premium. everything is tighter and seemingly faster in that area. we can't always run run run inside the 20, that's what people criticize the offense as predictable....when we pass and fail, they say why didn't we run it. ..... so instead of 7, we end up with 3 points.....

Mobinvans

Reaction score
Skins had to sign Josh Johnson as their bad up QB. I know Dak isn't perfect and has aspects of the game he needs to work on. But, the Skins QB situation, proves of difficult it can be for some teams to fill in the QB position, if they don't already had a capable starting QB or lose their capable starting QB.

Dak may not be elite, or a top then QB. But, the Cowboys are still in a better spot concerning the QB position than a lot of teams are.
I think Dak is a ok backup quarterback

ItzKelz

Reaction score
all that aside....the scoring has to improve. bottom line. if it does. great....and we all agree surround Dak with Talent and he can drive the bus to victory, because he minimizes mistakes. in our offense he doesn't have to be a great passer. and part of his problem becomes an issue, inside the redzone. he can keep drives alive, which is good. get yards, between the 20s. but we get inside the redzone and accuracy is of high premium. everything is tighter and seemingly faster in that area. we can't always run run run inside the 20, that's what people criticize the offense as predictable....when we pass and fail, they say why didn't we run it. ..... so instead of 7, we end up with 3 points.....
The 3 previous games before the Saints we averaging 26 points. How soon we forget...hey!?

TheCritic

Reaction score

That's very true. Us Cowboys fans are a spoiled bunch. When you've had Staubach, Aikman, Romo, how can Dak possibly live up to that? Of course that all changes if Dak delivers a championship. We'll see.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
That's very true. Us Cowboys fans are a spoiled bunch. When you've had Staubach, Aikman, Romo, how can Dak possibly live up to that? Of course that all changes if Dak delivers a championship. We'll see.

I do believe that being a QB for the Cowboys will bring a bigger spotlight to the current QB of the Cowboys. And therefore he will face harsher criticisms than QBs do for other franchises/teams.

Vandyr

Reaction score
And everything you just posted does not say he doesn't have enough arm strength.

Hey, there's stuff he needs to work on, no doubt. No need to lie about his weaknesses.

Maybe you should read it again...

TwentyOne

Reaction score

Dak will hold us back winning in the playoffs. He right now is the only problem this team has to solve.

But we are in a better position then a lot of teams. You are right. But a lot of teams dont win in the playoffs also.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I do believe that being a QB for the Cowboys will bring a bigger spotlight to the current QB of the Cowboys. And therefore he will face harsher criticisms than QBs do for other franchises/teams.

I dont believe that.

And even if it were so it doesnt mean the criticism isnt justified and objective.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
I dont believe that.

And even if it were so it doesnt mean the criticism isnt justified and objective.

I believe so, Cowboys are one of the most hated teams in the NFL. Fans of other teams don't like the spotlight the Cowboys get. So, they enjoy seeing the Cowboys lose, more than they would enjoy seeing other Non-rival teams to their favorite team lose. Criticism might be deserved in some aspects. But, I for sure feel like some look forward to seeing Cowboys players fail at certain goals, so they can gloat about the Cowboys losing or failing to win playoff games in over 20 years.

Being a QB of the Cowboys just brings a brighter spotlight than being a QB of a franchise with less history, IMO. Dak is one of the most criticized QBs, even though there are QBs starting, who has failed to get their team into the playoffs. Matt Ryan and the Falcons are hyped up to be a playoff team every year, yet I don't see shots taken a Matt Ryan, as much as they are taken at Dak. Dak gets constantly put down and called trash.

Stafford, another QB that is praised to be great, has failed to make the Lions a consistent playoff team. Not criticized as much as Dak if for needing a certain supporting cast around him, to take his team to the playoffs.

QBs that were drafted higher than Dak and have been in the NFL longer than Dak, with no Superbowls or many playoff appearances, don't get as much bashing or criticism that Dak gets.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I believe so, Cowboys are one of the most hated teams in the NFL. Fans of other teams don't like the spotlight the Cowboys get. So, they enjoy seeing the Cowboys lose, more than they would enjoy seeing other Non-rival teams to their favorite team lose. Criticism might be deserved in some aspects. But, I for sure feel like some look forward to seeing Cowboys players fail at certain goals, so they can gloat about the Cowboys losing or failing to win playoff games in over 20 years.

Being a QB of the Cowboys just brings a brighter spotlight than being a QB of a franchise with less history, IMO. Dak is one of the most criticized QBs, even though there are QBs starting, who has failed to get their team into the playoffs. Matt Ryan and the Falcons are hyped up to be a playoff team every year, yet I don't see shots taken a Matt Ryan, as much as they are taken at Dak. Dak gets constantly put down and called trash.

Stafford, another QB that is praised to be great, has failed to make the Lions a consistent playoff team. Not criticized as much as Dak if for needing a certain supporting cast around him, to take his team to the playoffs.

QBs that were drafted higher than Dak and have been in the NFL longer than Dak, with no Superbowls or many playoff appearances, don't get as much bashing or criticism that Dak gets.

If you follow other fanbases this believe is common to all of them.

Everything that is posted here is posted everywhere else too.

Everybody thinks his team is the most important.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
If you follow other fanbases this believe is common to all of them.

Everything that is posted here is posted everywhere else too.

Everybody thinks his team is the most important.

I'm speaking of outside of the fanbases. Of course fans of those teams are going to focus on their QB. But, as far as the National Sports Media debate goes, you have seen topics centered around Romo and now Dak, often in the Sports main stream media. If the Cowboys lost a game or if Romo threw an INT in a loss, then it was always a center focused topic, the very next day on sports radio and sports shows like "First Take." Now Dak is a center focused topic, if the Cowboys lose a game. Dak is a center focused topic on whether or not be can be a franchise QB.

Cowboys are one of the few teams that can be in a losing season and yet still be the main topic discussed constantly in the sports media. Cowboys have a losing season and the QB position is blamed and discussed as part of the reason for that losing season. Other teams and their QB are overlooked or forgotten about often. Won't see topics about why Stafford and the Lions are losing or why Ryan and the Falcons fail to make the playoffs, just about every day like you do the Cowboys. To the point where other fans complain about how much shows like First Take and Undisputed mention the Cowboys.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The 3 previous games before the Saints we averaging 26 points. How soon we forget...hey!?
It says average.

Should we throw out the arolina game? It was first game of the season and no on same page?

Should we tgrow out the jax game? We havent scored like that in a while.

Average is average. Not partial average.