A question regarding Garrett

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Of course but I was arguing what appears a double standard in measuring the last 4 years with Dak and Garrett.

The last "4 years" is skewed by a single season. If you look at 2017, 9-7 with a meaningless season finale win against Phillys scrubs the only thing saving it from 8-8. 2018 - 10-6 : stomped in the playoffs. 2019, 8-8 with no playoffs . If you take away a season that happened 4 years ago, neither Garret or Dak were impressive.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
The last "4 years" is skewed by a single season. If you look at 2017, 9-7 with a meaningless season finale win against Phillys scrubs the only thing saving it from 8-8. 2018 - 10-6 : stomped in the playoffs. 2019, 8-8 with no playoffs . If you take away a season that happened 4 years ago, neither Garret or Dak were impressive.
But yet Garrett was fired and Dak is fixing to be rewarded with not only an extended contract but perhaps the highest (or one of) contract in NFL. It’s conflicting to me.

Big_D

Reaction score
But yet Garrett was fired and Dak is fixing to be rewarded with not only an extended contract but perhaps the highest (or one of) contract in NFL. It’s conflicting to me.

Garrett went through multiple roster changes with the same result. If Dak was here 13 years and done nothing he'd be gone too. But he's been here 4 and is still a young QB. Not sure what the issue is? Can McCarthy win that game in Philly? That's what this team is banking on. Has nothing to do with Garrett's win % the past 4 years. There's talent here and as of right now Dak Prescott is their best QB while Garret wasn't their best coaching option. Can they go further than they've been? Improved gameday day coaching, improved D etc.All those things a QB needs to go beyond those regular season wins.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Garrett went through multiple roster changes with the same result. If Dak was here 13 years and done nothing he'd be gone too. But he's been here 4 and is still a young QB. Not sure what the issue is? Can McCarthy win that game in Philly? That's what this team is banking on. Has nothing to do with Garrett's win % the past 4 years. There's talent here and as of right now Dak Prescott is their best QB while Garret wasn't their best coaching option. Can they go further than they've been? Improved gameday day coaching, improved D etc.All those things a QB needs to go beyond those regular season wins.
So, what happens if we beat Philly and still lose in first round. What really changes?

I truly believe our issues are more talent or lack of talent based. I’m not sold we are a better coach away.

I haven’t seen a championship caliber roster here in 25 years. Whoever’s that fault is should be fired.

Big_D

Reaction score
So, what happens if we beat Philly and still lose in first round. What really changes?

I truly believe our issues are more talent or lack of talent based. I’m not sold we are a better coach away.

I haven’t seen a championship caliber roster here in 25 years. Whoever’s that fault is should be fired.

what changes is they made the playoffs. You talk about championship ‘caliber’ teams while the coaching sucked. I see a team more than capable of beating a team like the 17 eagles. There’s talent here. You’re never going to have a top to bottom elite football team which makes game day coaching even more important. And again you brag about regular season wins but they never converted to postseason wins. If you’re good enough between September and December, That’s a credit to the coach? But then you blame talent in January?! lol The entire setup and excuses like that have been an ongoing joke!

Diehardblues

Reaction score
what changes is they made the playoffs. You talk about championship ‘caliber’ teams while the coaching sucked. I see a team more than capable of beating a team like the 17 eagles. There’s talent here. You’re never going to have a top to bottom elite football team which makes game day coaching even more important. And again you brag about regular season wins but they never converted to postseason wins. If you’re good enough between September and December, That’s a credit to the coach? But then you blame talent in January?! lol The entire setup and excuses like that have been an ongoing joke!
Again , I wasn’t bragging about regular season wins. I simply stated the record.

Many of our regular season wins are against average to below average teams. .500 or less.

Come the playoffs the competition stiffens and why records aren’t as good.

And I’m not sold we were any better than our seasons results.

Last edited:

Big_D

Reaction score
Again , I wasn’t bragging about regular season wins. I simply stated the record.

Many of our regular season wins are against average to below average teams. .500 or less.

Come the playoffs the competition stiffens and why records aren’t as good.

And I’m not sold we were any better than our seasons results.

arguably the best running game in football and still can’t figure out a way to win meaningful games! Then it was abandoned regularly and you don’t see a problem!? This team was good enough to win games in January. But simply looked lost when they got there.