Carson

Reaction score
I’ll break it down. Because this will happen

- Giants jump out early 17-7
- Cowboys struggle
- Eagles claw back
- Cowboys take the lead late
- Eagles make it a one score game under 5 minutes
- Cowboys pull it off and move to 8-8 and just need the Giants to keep Wentz from going 98 yards in under a minute
- Ertz wide open with :15 left as the Eagles win the East, cover the spread and we miss out at 8-8

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Lets hear some opinions. Next week, do we root for the Eagles and a definitive end to the JG era, or do we want the Cowboys to limp into the playoffs and prolong the misery?.......... and ruin our draft pick in the process b/c you know JG will be throwing out everything trying to get that treasured 8-8 record.

The best way I can answer this is to be brutally honest. I can never root against the Cowboys. Even as you have made a compelling case that it is probably for the best in the long term I still can’t root against them

However I can tell you in full candor that if Philadelphia wins next week and we are officially eliminated, I won’t be even slightly bothered by it. I’m kind of already at peace with what a train wreck this team is. And frankly that’s kind of sad isn’t it?

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Lets hear some opinions. Next week, do we root for the Eagles and a definitive end to the JG era, or do we want the Cowboys to limp into the playoffs and prolong the misery?.......... and ruin our draft pick in the process b/c you know JG will be throwing out everything trying to get that treasured 8-8 record.

There is no conundrum. It's time to take this team and Garrett out back, Old Yeller style.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
The best way I can answer this is to be brutally honest. I can never root against the Cowboys. Even as you have made a compelling case that it is probably for the best in the long term I still can’t root against them

However I can tell you in full candor that if Philadelphia wins next week and we are officially eliminated, I won’t be even slightly bothered by it. I’m kind of already at peace with what a train wreck this team is. And frankly that’s kind of sad isn’t it?

I am in the same mindset. Never want to see us lose— especially to a rival— and I never want to see a rival celebrating winning the division.

That said— there is nothing shocking about these results. This empty, disappointing feeling after we lose a game we should win is Garrett’s calling card.

JJ is the last person in the world to see it— which is just maddening.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
I’ll break it down. Because this will happen

- Giants jump out early 17-7
- Cowboys struggle
- Eagles claw back
- Cowboys take the lead late
- Eagles make it a one score game under 5 minutes
- Cowboys pull it off and move to 8-8 and just need the Giants to keep Wentz from going 98 yards in under a minute
- Ertz wide open with :15 left as the Eagles win the East, cover the spread and we miss out at 8-8

This is horrible, I’m hoping that we lose to the skins so that we get a better draft position.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

We probably win *and* the Eagles win too. All downside, no upside.

I don't want to be in the playoffs with JG still as HC. If he's gone, maybe coaching changes. Maybe. At least there's something to hope for. I do think we're not making the most of what we've got. If JG is still here, expect a big, wet turd. No thanks.

The plus of *not* being in the playoffs is being able to go after the next HC immediately.

Snivel in at 8-8? I just want it to be over and move on from Garrett.

TheGoat73

Reaction score

Wife said “God, I hope we don’t make the playoffs!” at halftime yesterday.

We aren’t winning anything. And, I want the new coach to have the best draft position possible.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
End the season now for all I care but Dallas will most likely win the East :facepalm:

Philly won’t win in NY while Dallas barely beats a Skins team already planning vacations. This is how this poopshow division will end :thumbdown:

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No conundrum at all. I will just watch the game. Whatever happens, it just happens. With all the teams with draft implications, the best we may do with a 7-9 record may be 14th or 15th. At 8-8, maybe 17th. So if we somehow make the playoffs, get bounced in the 1st round, we pick 21st. Not a lot of difference.

The only thing is, will senile drunk Jerry use that as a reason to extend Garrett.

glimmerman

Reaction score
In order for us to make it the egirls have to lose and we have to win. Is this correct.

Guessing that’s why they moved the deadskins game to 4pm.

shabazz

Reaction score
Season is over. Start Cooper Rush and others so we can evaluate the backup situation for next season

glimmerman

Reaction score
Correct.

They also moved the Eagles game to 4
Lol. That forces the hand a bit. If we make the playoffs we will lose but I still want my team to advance. I think after last night JG is gone either way.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Root for both the Eagles and Cowboys to lose. It's the best medicine.

Carson

Reaction score
Lol. That forces the hand a bit. If we make the playoffs we will lose but I still want my team to advance. I think after last night JG is gone either way.

100% he is gone. It will take too much to make the NFCG

We need an Eagles loss and then win
We then need to beat Seattle / SF
We then have to go and beat Seattle / SF or NO

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I’m always going to root for the team’s success ahead of what it may mean for Garrett.

I do think the reality is even if we do somehow back into the playoffs, this team is an absolute mess that will get dispatched quickly.

We aren’t going to suddenly put it all together and somehow sneak into the Conf. Championship game.

Reactions: ICP

ICP

Reaction score
I don't see a 'conundrum' at all, this team is pathetic from players to coaching to ownership. Who wants to see a Wild Card team come to Dallas and either beat the crap outta them or watch Dallas lose because of some last minute poor coaching decision?

No thanks, just let this season die like the past 25 have

glimmerman

Reaction score
100% he is gone. It will take too much to make the NFCG

We need an Eagles loss and then win
We then need to beat Seattle / SF
We then have to go and beat Seattle / SF or NO
I don’t see any of those things happening. I am still in shock that we didn’t take away the only 2 things they had. Just cover the TE and stop the run.

We give Elliot 13 carries. No excuse to abandon it. I don’t care if they stack the box. Dak was off and I saw several drops. I would like to get Cobb back next year.