A source who speaks regularly with Owens' teammates?

Primetime0201

Benched
Reaction score
The rift between Dallas Cowboys stars Terrell Owens, Tony Romo and Jason Witten is wider than just those three players, a source inside the team's locker room told ESPN's Ed Werder on Friday.
The source told Werder that the majority of defensive players on the team support Owens' contention that Romo is overly reliant on Jason Witten and often throws into coverage trying to get him the ball while ignoring Owens in situation where he could make a play.
One starting player told Werder that "We are not together as a team, and that includes the coaches."
Dallas defensive back Terence Newman told ESPN's First Take on Friday that reports of a rift are blown out of proportion. Newman said that Owens hadn't said a bad word to anyone, and that, as a defensive player, he'd like Owens to get the ball more.
Newman said that offensive coordinator Jason Garrett has an open-door policy and both Romo and Witten, along with wide receiver Patrick Crayton, had been in to talk to their coach.
He also said that team chemistry is "great," but insinuated that when Cowboys' coaches make a mistake, they shift the blame to others and the players have noticed it.
In his weekly readio spot on 1310 "The Ticket" in Dallas, Jones said a meeting took place between Roy Williams, Crayton, Owens and offensive coordinator Jason Garrett. He said it was nothing out of the ordinary.
"[Owens is] interested in the ball to win the game," Jones said. "He knows if he can get the ball, we have a better chance to win the game. We all agree with that."
Jones said that he visited with Owens for 10 or 15 minutes during practice on Thursday, but said the subject of the meeting with Garrett did not come up. "Not that he [Owens] feels slighted or he feels like there's some type of favoritism going on," Jones said.
Jones also said that Garrett encourages "continual communication."
Phillips said that reports that the team is in turmoil are untrue. "I don't agree," he said.
"Enough talking. We need to get it done," Phillips said.
The comments come a day after a source who speaks regularly with Owens' teammates told ESPN that Owens thinks Romo and Witten -- close friends and road roommates who came to Dallas in the same offseason -- hold private meetings and create plays without including Owens.
Owens believes these discussions have worked to his detriment and Romo seeks to deliver the ball to Witten regardless of whether Owens is open.
"I don't know anything about that," Phillips said when asked about a possible rift at his news conference on Thursday.
"We've thrown for a lot of yards with a lot of players. One receiver is pretty close to 1,000 yards. ... There's no favoritism there, we are going to the guy that is going to be open."
Owens declined to discuss the situation on Thursday outside the Cowboys' locker room. As he walked toward the players' lounge at Valley Ranch, ESPN asked Owens if he would answer questions and he said, "Nope.''
But later Thursday, Owens told The Dallas Morning News: "I'm not jealous of Witten. I'm not jealous of nobody. I can take the approach that I got paid, so screw everything, but that's not me.

Primetime0201

Benched
Reaction score
So all this junk has been stired up someone who isn't even a member of the Cowboys orginization? What do all the T.O haters have to say about that?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Primetime0201;2484109 said:
So all this junk has been stired up someone who isn't even a member of the Cowboys orginization? What do all the T.O haters have to say about that?

To me, it's obvious theebbs and Dave_in-NC are the "anonymous sources".:laugh1:

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
speaks regularly with teammates

LOL! everyone got sucked. This is pathetic. The source is someone who speaks with the team? Not someone who plays with the team. It could be keyshawn himself now...

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hypnotoad;2484125 said:
LOL! everyone got sucked. This is pathetic. The source is someone who speaks with the team? Not someone who plays with the team. It could be keyshawn himself now...
It's probably some member of the media. Could be Ed Werder himself. He does speak to Owens' teammates regulary, doesn't he?

Boysboy

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2484137 said:
It's probably some member of the media. Could be Ed Werder himself. He does speak to Owens' teammates regulary, doesn't he?

It was Werder who wrote this piece, FYI.

Primetime0201

Benched
Reaction score
I just think it's funny that T.O makes a fool of Werder and then this story comes out from someone who speaks to the team... lol

jman

Reaction score
Newman said that offensive coordinator Jason Garrett has an open-door policy and both Romo and Witten, along with wide receiver Patrick Crayton, had been in to talk to their coach.

He also said that team chemistry is "great," but insinuated that when Cowboys' coaches make a mistake, they shift the blame to others and the players have noticed it.

What did Newman say? You can just say he "insinuated" and not back it up!

And if it is true, that is more troublesome than anything TO has done.

AKATheRake

Reaction score
I'm the source. The truth is the team had me do this because there is a well devised plan to use this as a diversion for this weeks game. We want the G-Men to think we're unfocussed and a disaster but really are just concoting a diversion and are as focused as ever. Plus Jerry Jones likes the attention on his team so we killed 2 birds with one stone. Enjoy the soap opera, I hope you like this weeks script folks.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I seriously can't even believe this is getting as much coverage as it is. Just as long as the players aren't buying into this mess i'm happy. I could care less what knee jerk reaction these fans have. They'll be watching and supporting the Cowboys regardless.

Boysboy

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2484199 said:
I'm the source. The truth is the team had me do this because there is a well devised plan to use this as a diversion for this weeks game. We want the G-Men to think we're unfocussed and a disaster but really are just concoting a diversion and are as focused as ever. Plus Jerry Jones likes the attention on his team so we killed 2 birds with one stone. Enjoy the soap opera, I hope you like this weeks script folks.

:lmao2:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm not shocked it's getting this much play. It's how it goes. This reminds me, in some ways, of the BS that surrounded Troy in 1995 where people accused him of refusing to play, or just playing poorly intentionally, against the Skins in order to help Norv look good. And then all the BS about he didn't like some of the players on offense and screamed at them more cause they were black and all that drama and bs.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2484199 said:

Sadly, this is what I was thinking this morning. What if all of this was to get the whole Jerry and Barber story out of the news or to escape the fact the Cowboys lost?

CutMeMick

Reaction score
So, to sum up:

The basic theme of this thread is:
KILL THE MESSENGER?:confused:

All this smoke, & what's left to y'all is, nitpicking through
an article?
Really?
Who cares how it came out, it's obvious "something"
ain't right- and all is NOT well!
Sheesh!:banghead:

billknows

Reaction score
AKATheRake;2484199 said:
:laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :lmao2: :lmao: :lmao: hehehe

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
Primetime0201;2484069 said:
a source inside the team's locker room told ESPN's Ed Werder on Friday.

The source told Werder

One starting player told Werder

This sounds like Pro Football Talk.

No facts, no names, just annonymous drivvle.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
The person is not on the team but is close to the players and talks to them on a regular basis? It can only be Deion or Irvin.

CutMeMick

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2484297 said:
The person is not on the team but is close to the players and talks to them on a regular basis? It can only be Deion or Irvin.

Or Moose, or Troy, or Emmitt?;)