nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Shorter time to prepare
Poor discipline and technique
Lack of in game adjustments
Undersized DTs
Poor game for LBs and Ss in run support
Offense had a bad stretch after first drive (TOP)

Reactions: CWR

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Dallas ran a 4-2-5 nick package most of the game. Not surprised.

If the Cowboys were in a 4-2-5 most of the game how did Wilson play 83% of the defensive snaps? We all know Vander Esch/Lee and Smith played the entire game so how could the Cowboys have been in a 4-2-5 for most of the game when 83% of the time all 3 linebackers were on the field.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
So many factors...

Richard not focused
Woods injured
Not strong enough at DT
Cowboys young and inexperienced
Rams at home and rested
Rams are damn good

I know, I know, losing is unacceptable and we have standards, and we were DESTROYED by their run game. But we lost by eight points to a team picked by the majority to win by seven. We’re young and talented and making changes. The future is full of promise. IMHO.

Richard is NOT the DC.

Marinelli not focused.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Let's stop making excuses for Richard. He was out coached. Hopefully he will learn from it.

Richard is NOT the DC.

Marinelli is the DC.

Richard relays the plays. Marinelli has the main play sheet. Richard helps with the passing D.

If we are lucky, Richard will be the DC.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
We were tired and on the road. They were rested and at home. This should not be underestimated. It's probably the biggest factor.
As noted, they manhandled us in the trenches. There is no coaching adjustment that compensates for that.
They have one of the best offenses in the league. They were going to get theirs, on the ground or through the air.
Their offense is built on misdirection. Our defense is very young.

First of all, Marinelli could have ditched the 4-2-5 Nick package and gone to a 4-4-3 cover 3 and shut that run game down.

The Rams were doing it to us.

ESisback

Reaction score
Richard is NOT the DC.

Marinelli not focused.

Richard not focused lead to more Marinelli. Marinelli’s a GREAT DL Coach, but his scheme as DC is outdated. Don’t think that a distracted Richard didn’t affect their prep. Plus, we’re still mediocre at DT, especially when Woods is out. If we can land a good space eater in the middle, sign a decent FA safety, and disguise our looks better, we could finally become a legit top three defense.

Reactions: CWR

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Cleats and coaching. Doesn't take too much thought to understand the weather and the field and to order your staff to make sure the players have the proper cleats.

CWR

Reaction score
It wasn't just that last game.

Dallas Defense NFL rank, per drive
Games 13-18
yards 30th
scores 30th
(most) punts 31st
TD 24th
opp passer rating 22nd

Wow had I seen this I wouldn't have bet my mortgage on the Rams game. All jokes aside this is concerning. Do you think we wore down as the year went on, or was it based more on our match ups? One thing that appeared to be clear was our need for a hog or two at NT. I also question whether Dlaws torn labrum (I think thats what his injury is) became more unbearable as the season went on.

CWR

Reaction score
Coaches learned that the best way to attack the Dallas linebackers is to run straight at them instead of sideline to sideline to neutralize their speed and Dallas defensive coordinator never adjusted.

The defensive coordinator's game planning is the main reason for the last 2 playoff losses. The same will continue as long as the same defensive coordinator is here.

That makes a lot of sense, I wonder if we had the personnel to combat that.

mmohican29

Reaction score
I think this game down to the Cowboys being a bit beaten up, and the Rams were rested and ready.

Too many ankle injuries on O, and sore D lineman. Lawrence was AWOL, you know his shoulder had to be hurting.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

glimmerman

Reaction score
Well, if his interviews have anything to do with it, then we shouldn't have allowed him to interview until the season was over. Hopefully we get the chance to refuse to allow any coaches to be interviewed next season until mid-February.
Exactly right. No team should have a right to interview coaches while there season is still going. The game looked like we were playing in prevent the whole time. Wouldn’t surprise me at all of Marinelli got pissed about him taking the interviews and said you know what man you go ahead I am still the DC so I will call the game. I saw Richard huffing and puffing in the sidelines during the game yelling. He should be mad at himself.

Rayman70

Reaction score
we got beat by a superior team in the trenches. Time to get better..NEXT.

glimmerman

Reaction score
I think this game down to the Cowboys being a bit beaten up, and the Rams were rested and ready.

Too many ankle injuries on O, and sore D lineman. Lawrence was AWOL, you know his shoulder had to be hurting.
Woods tore his labrum in the first quarter also. And LVE has been sick all week and was on antibiotic and would explain Lee playing more than he should have.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Let's stop making excuses for Richard. He was out coached. Hopefully he will learn from it.
HOLD UP...I normally agree with you.Been debating with you on these boards and over on DC.com. This isn't like you. What makes you think he was outcoached? That would mean the Saints game was freaking brilliant...JUST SAYIN...sometimes when you get manhandled on the field, you just admit. I think its obvious that's what happened. Getting gashed fro 10 yards a clip on the ground means we were getting bushwhacked at the point of attack up front. If we REALLY wanna toss around blame,AND IM NOT, it would be Marinelli. We used the horses that got us here,and they bested us from pillar to post. Lets man up and admit it. Richard was a Godsend. Lets fix the interior on both lines and get better. YES coaching has to be better,but defense is ok.Offensively is where we need to revamp the scheme and get better. Wish the offseason was shorter lol...Im ready for the new season. God Bless Itzkelz..nice to see you on here again.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Very true. A few things that could have set us back but no excuses. They should have adjusted and sold out to the run if need be.
agree ..I would have liked us to take more chances early...ie corner blitz etc.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
Very true. A few things that could have set us back but no excuses. They should have adjusted and sold out to the run if need be.

And you know that their tired, beat up bodies weren't trying as hard as they could against a much fresher team coming off an extra week off to get rested and healed up.