A USFL player to consider signing

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Memphis Showboat Tackle Corbin Kaufusi

Corbin is 6’10” and 320 lbs. is 30 years old and has had a few shots in the NFL. He came into the league with the New Orleans Saints in 2019 as a defensive lineman. He spent some time on the Jets practice squad the next few seasons. In 2021, the 49ers were the first team to see him as a Tackle and signed him to their practice squad. He was injured in 2022 and is now playing for the Memphis Showboats of the USFL.

apr-22-memphis-showboats-at-birmingham-stallions.jpg

Kaufusi reminds of Alejandro Villanueva who was so athletic at Army that they played him at TE and even WR. He had tryouts with the Bengals, Bears, and Eagles before finally finding a home at Tackle with the Steelers, going in to starting 107 games with the Steelers and Ravens from 2015 to 2021. Corbin played 86 games for the BYU basketball team, as well as compiling 153 tackles and 16 sacks while playing Defensive Tackle and End for the Cougars.

Kaufusi could serve as a low-cost fill-in for Marcus Steele at Right Tackle until he’s 100% and then provide depth the rest of the season. His athleticism would also give the offense some options as a “Tackle Eligible” on goal line plays.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
At 30 I think that ship has sailed
There are some guys in the USFL I think the nfl missed but to get that second shot they need to be young enough to develop even more to play at this level.
Most positions I would agree but Offensive Line is like being a left-handed relief pitcher.