AAF could be better than NFL ? games start Sat nite

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I did a little reading on this and even though they have some corny names and logos ( smart people can be so dumb lol) I find it very interesting.

Games start this sat feb 9 at 7-7.30 pm on cbs.
Games will be on Sat and Sun so football isnt over guys.

Games have 60 % less commercials and replay crap, so will be on avg 1 hour 15 minutes long.

you can find a lot of info on wikipedia.com just search AAF football.

10 game season
2 conferences or div with 4 teams each so 8 teams total.
each team will play div opp twice like NFL then all 4 in other div to make 10 games.

Top 2 teams in each conf or div will be the 4 playoff teams.

San Antonio is the only Texas team so I might root for them, dont know really, I want to see each team
play a game and then pick a couple to root for.

Rules are same as nfl except a few things , which make for the shorter games, like no kickoffs.
they have one thing that replaces the onside kick which is a team that just scored,
can try one play from their own 28 and if they get 12 yards or more they keep the ball, other wise
other team gets ball at their 28.
I thought it was stupid at first but I kinda like it now, and really more chance of success than with onside kick.

no extra point kick just 2 point conv after td's. and I also like this.

gavin escobar is TE for the SD fleet, so that is one ex cowboy to see play.
I kinda like that name and their logo is a battleship, but the rest are kinda lame, I cant believe they
would not be better in this area.

San Antonio is the Commanders !! lol

But for me it is football on sat and sun for next 10 weeks!! I dont know if they have a bye.

This could be the best non nfl league to ever compete with nfl.
I like that it starts right now after SB, when it usually is dead, no football at all til draft for few days.

So I think we all should check it out at the start and if you dont like it drop it, but if you do then it is all good.

Less commercials, shorter games, I think it will be good.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Right-0n! :starspin:

I loved the content the O.P. seamlessly slid fresh& PIPING HOT from the FOOTBALLING FORGE of nutrient enriched& fortified laden with all that FOOTBALLISH wholesome goodness:cool: :thumbup:

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Week 1
San Diego at San Antonio Sat, Feb 09 7:00 PM CT
Atlanta at Orlando Sat, Feb 09 7:00 PM CT.........will be 8.15 CT or later
Memphis at Birmingham Sun, Feb 10 3:00 PM CT
Salt Lake at Arizona Sun, Feb 10 7:00 PM CT

https://aaf.com/

There are 3 Mike's as HC's lol
Mike Singletary, Mike Martz and I forgot the other one.
Those 2 I know, and one other is Steve spurrier.

They wanted some HC with known names, but hey maybe they can do better
than when they were last in NFL.

I am eager to see the first games this weekend.:dance:

I think the whole time thing is a estimate, these games could run longer than they think.
I am eager to see how they cover the games too, I really dont like the NFL productions
anymore, way too much switching around , they barely get back for the snap of the ball.

Announcers is another thing, hopefully they have some good ones.

Last edited:

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Hmm...I wonder why I never see you make a thread :muttley::laugh:
:rolleyes: prolly cuz' "MY" powerhouse brain child of 7k post count brilliance " THE THREE WORD THREAD and/ or FINISH THE STORY " is currently being held under review of extensive scrutiny by painstakingly exerted forum moderator staff personal, my less than handsome Mule faced muck-a-knuckle nosed forum fellow & friend,,,,:facepalm::rolleyes::facepalm:

* go& jump back 2-3 pages in the " OFF Topic" forum,,,, Mister mouth, as a Mule pie surprise awaits yer' foggy mountain breakdown,PALo_O

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Another thing is there are only 4 games total per week, on free tv over antennae all on cbs........so maybe they could get Romo to do some games??

but if you see all 4 that is seeing the whole of league action! like watching 16 games in NFL.

One good thing is no NE lol so if your tired of them.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
Week 1
San Diego at San Antonio Sat, Feb 09 7:00 PM CT
Atlanta at Orlando Sat, Feb 09 7:00 PM CT.........will be 8.15 CT or later
Memphis at Birmingham Sun, Feb 10 3:00 PM CT
Salt Lake at Arizona Sun, Feb 10 7:00 PM CT

https://aaf.com/

There are 3 Mike's as HC's lol
Mike Singletary, Mike Martz and I forgot the other one.
Those 2 I know, and one other is Steve spurrier.

They wanted some HC with known names, but hey maybe they can do better
than when they were last in NFL.

I am eager to see the first games this weekend.:dance:

I think the whole time thing is a estimate, these games could run longer than they think.
I am eager to see how they cover the games too, I really dont like the NFL productions
anymore, way too much switching around , they barely get back for the snap of the ball.

Announcers is another thing, hopefully they have some good ones.
Hey DD52 you got any idea about a teams roster capacity of carrying team and/or game day personal?

* I'm briefly picking up envisioned flashes of arena league jail break styled aerial attack game play,,,and I don't know why?:huh:

:lmao:

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
Wonder why I have seen almost no advertising for the AAF? Had you not posted this I would have not known the season was beginning.

I have but only the first game will be shown on local. Excited then quickly realize there was nothing to be excited about. Should be on CBS not CBS sport. And don't know one give me the doo dat about how its available on some apps, I hate watching football on a tiny phone!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Wonder why I have seen almost no advertising for the AAF? Had you not posted this I would have not known the season was beginning.

Well Cbs is airing all the games, so they should have promoted it. Maybe in their NFL contract they cant?

But like you I didnt know anything, I just was looking at online tv guide, and normally nothing on sat, but I looked anyway
and saw aaf football for 7-10 and wondered what the heck is this?

I had to do a search on startpage.com, I dont use google, and found some info.

I would like to post it on main FF page, but that is cowboys only, so a bunch of people will miss the start unless
they already know, or check new posts or nfl forum, or see it on tv guide.

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
Hey DD52 you got any idea about a teams roster capacity of carrying team and/or game day personal?

* I'm briefly picking up envisioned flashes of arena league jail break styled aerial attack game play,,,and I don't know why?:huh:

Its not Arena football at all. Its real semi-professional football with former NFL coaches and some players that fail in the NFL or is too old. Marty is one of the coaches I believe. Its going to be a full football field. Arena football was dang awful!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I have but only the first game will be shown on local. Excited then quickly realize there was nothing to be excited about. Should be on CBS not CBS sport. And don't know one give me the doo dat about how its available on some apps, I hate watching football on a tiny phone!
Wow your right ! next sat after this coming one and no aaf football !
That is a mistake for a league just starting.
Thing is NFL has their claws in all 4 major networks, so NFL could say if they air AAF games they wont get nfl games next year.

I dont have cable so dont know about cbs sport channel.
Thing is I might be able to get them on youtube or elsewhere online.
if not guess I wont be watching.

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
:rolleyes: prolly cuz' "MY" powerhouse brain child of 7k post count brilliance " THE THREE WORD THREAD and/ or FINISH THE STORY " is currently being held under review of extensive scrutiny by painstakingly exerted forum moderator staff personal, my less than handsome Mule faced muck-a-knuckle nosed forum fellow & friend,,,,:facepalm::rolleyes::facepalm:

* go& jump back 2-3 pages in the " OFF Topic" forum,,,, Mister mouth, as a Mule pie surprise awaits yer' foggy mountain breakdown,PALo_O

I think I fully understand our mutual relationship now as best describe by this video

Decipher that! :thumbup:

DandyDon52

Reaction score

like bolts said, as far as I can tell it will be like nfl games, same field, mostly same rules , same type game.
roster is 53 .
Their draft operates differently, and FA pickups also, it is territorial, for that you need to read up on it doing search or at home site I linked above.

I am a little bummed it wont be on regular cbs after week 1.

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
Wow your right ! next sat after this coming one and no aaf football !
That is a mistake for a league just starting.
Thing is NFL has their claws in all 4 major networks, so NFL could say if they air AAF games they wont get nfl games next year.

I dont have cable so dont know about cbs sport channel.
Thing is I might be able to get them on youtube or elsewhere online.
if not guess I wont be watching.

Sadly this is the case. They did mention that your local provider might air it if the teams are located in your cities. No LA team so it probably won't be air.

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score

Oh boy! Melonfeud went Sean McVay!

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I just sent them a email about only airing on a pay channel and that it wasnt a good idea or good way to start, be interesting to see what they
say back.
I also asked if it would air on any other channels even as delayed broadcast.

If they wanted people to see them they could simply put them on youtube. or stream with commercials lol these old rich guys
just arent into the 21st century yet. lol
so dumb, to start off not airing games for free.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Sadly this is the case. They did mention that your local provider might air it if the teams are located in your cities. No LA team so it probably won't be air.
That is not good either they should at least air san antonio games all over texas where I live.
Really they should stream all the games on you tube with commercials, anything to get a lot of people into watching or liking it,
now I can see this fading away, as only the cities that have teams will be into it.

I did em them so will post answers here.

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
I just sent them a email about only airing on a pay channel and that it wasnt a good idea or good way to start, be interesting to see what they
say back.
I also asked if it would air on any other channels even as delayed broadcast.

If they wanted people to see them they could simply put them on youtube. or stream with commercials lol these old rich guys
just arent into the 21st century yet. lol
so dumb, to start off not airing games for free.

Literally the biggest mistakes they could make. I like everything about the league, teams logo, jersey designs, the rules, and etc...

I was really really disappointed when I found out about this decision as I been following AAF since I first heard about it last year.

BoltsNHorns

RamsFan
Reaction score
That is not good either they should at least air san antonio games all over texas where I live.
Really they should stream all the games on you tube with commercials, anything to get a lot of people into watching or liking it,
now I can see this fading away, as only the cities that have teams will be into it.

I did em them so will post answers here.

I'm out of luck if it stream due to constant internet problems but it would be a solution for most people. It has to be on TV or I'm pretty much screw. I have unlimited data on my phone but the signal is garbage because the cell tower is too congested.