Aaron Donald Sacks This Year

dcowboysfan76

Reaction score
I'm kind of tired of hearing about the force of nature that Aaron Donald is and how he will dominate our offensive line. Now, don't get me wrong I do agree that he's a great player but I wanted to look into his per game sack total.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/16716/aaron-donald

49ers (2 games) 5 total sacks
Seattle (2 games) 3 1/2 sacks
Cards (2 games) 3 sacks

Obviously you guys see my point there. The majority of his sacks were against division foes with weak offensive lines. In my opinion ours is better even though we are without Frederick. I think that we can contain Donald from dominating. Your thoughts?

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Aaron Donald had 106 QB pressures this year. Cox is the only DT even close to him. The 7th best pass rushing DT in the NFL had 53. He literally had the greatest passrushing season for an interior D-lineman ever. His job isn’t to compile sacks, it’s to force the QB into doing something he doesn’t want to do. And he was better at it this year than any DT has even been in the history of the national football league.

Last edited:

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I think the threat is that he can make a game changing play at any given moment.

He’s in my top 5 most dominant defenders of the past decade, so he’s definitely going to present a challenge.

If this were the 2014-2016 OL I’d feel much better about facing him.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I'm kind of tired of hearing about the force of nature that Aaron Donald is and how he will dominate our offensive line. Now, don't get me wrong I do agree that he's a great player but I wanted to look into his per game sack total.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/16716/aaron-donald

49ers (2 games) 5 total sacks
Seattle (2 games) 3 1/2 sacks
Cards (2 games) 3 sacks

Obviously you guys see my point there. The majority of his sacks were against division foes with weak offensive lines. In my opinion ours is better even though we are without Frederick. I think that we can contain Donald from dominating. Your thoughts?

I think sack totals are on a part of it, he is a good player and a disruptive force on the DL. Clearly a key match up for this game. I think if Dallas can stay out of long distance situation we can keep Donald in check.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
He also had 6 games with no sacks.

Bears
Saints
Eagles
Chargers
Cardinals
Raiders

They went into prevent early against the cards and Oakland because they were annihilating them. So only 4 legit games where he didn’t have a sack, which is amazing for a DT/3-4 DE

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Did he play or didn't he. A game is a game.

When you’re only rushing 3 guys every play where multiple people are getting doubled, that’s the equivalent of saying “We’re gonna base Zeke’s talent only against 9 man boxes with no FBs or TEs in the formation”. Which is absurd.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
But we might have to by playing from behind.

True which is why is it critical that the Cowboys defense goes out there and holds the scoring down, if they do that I believe the Cowboys offense can put up the points to win. If defense fails and this is a high scoring game I think the Cowboys will have trouble winning.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
They went into prevent early against the cards and Oakland because they were annihilating them. So only 4 legit games where he didn’t have a sack, which is amazing for a DT/3-4 DE
So when your in a prevent Defense your not trying to sack the QB? Really!