CFZ Aaron Donald vs McGovern or Peters?

quickccc

Reaction score
The thought of Conner McGovern going against the premier DT in the NFL, vs Aaron Donald, doesn't encourage me much that we'll succeed at the line of scrimmage.. In fact it's frightening.

- And the Rams tend to move Donald in various alignment to help prevent double teams and
help out blocks, (hmm sounds like a similar war daddy on our own team too.)

- I won't dare mentioned Farniok as a hopeful vs Donald.
And i expect even Tyler Biasdz will get single block looks, as they may line him up over the center at times. .
- Ironically we've had past success vs Aaron, with the likes of Conner Williams
and even Xavier Su'a-Filo.

- If Jason Peters were a full time OG, and not in back to conditioning mode, maybe i'd give it
a better chance at it, but i'm expecting only a few snaps there. .

- Though not what he used to be at this stage of his HOF career, Martin is still solid to give it a go
vs Aaron, but let's face it, i expect AG to be match (mismatched ?)
against McGovern or the center Tyler Biasdz.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Last year the OL started to play like crap after they ran thru the #1 defense CAR Panthers and looked very good. That was around Week 4, and I'm looking to see will the good OL play fall a cliff again. LARs front is a solid test to see where this OL is truly at, relative to the big players in the NFC. LAR the Philly...we about to find out a lot about the Cowboys trenches.

I do not envy Philbin trying to figure out who would best block Donald 1 on 1. Personally, I trust Tyler Smith more, but he probably not an option.

NotForLong

Reaction score
The thought of Conner McGovern going against the premier DT in the NFL, vs Aaron Donald, doesn't encourage me much that we'll succeed at the line of scrimmage.. In fact it's frightening.

- And the Rams tend to move Donald in various alignment to help prevent double teams and

And i expect even Tyler Biasdz will get single block looks, as they may line him up over the center at times. .

- If Jason Peters were a full time OG, and not in back to conditioning mode, maybe i'd give it

- Though not what he used to be at this stage of his HOF career, Martin is still solid to give it a go
Mixture of both

JayFord

Reaction score
aint too many people in the NFL if any that wouldnt get their butt kicked by Aaron Donald

i legit think hes the best DT to ever play the game and shouldve won MVP but that award is only for qbs and rbs

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Peters is bigger and stronger and just better than McGovern…….i know he borderline HOF at tackle and not guard, I just think Peters has a better chance VS Donald.

Aaron Donald is going to have a field day, but we can survive it. DJ Reader and Jonathan Allen also dominated but we managed.

LysleE

Reaction score
Doesn’t matter who you put in front of Donald: Peters, McGovern, Goliath; he will be arrested for assault after the game. Maybe we can bring Larry Allen or Erik Williams back into the fold to play LG for a single game….

Fontaine

Reaction score
I caught a picture of Peters on the sideline during the last game, and it might be the first time I was ever left speechless watching a game on TV. Dude looks like 3 fridges side by side, if I’m the coach, I’m going to go with him.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
This is the game I had kind of earmarked for Peters taking over the spot full time. We needed to work him up to it or risk injury from fatigue since he was coming off no preseason.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
This is the game I had kind of earmarked for Peters taking over the spot full time. We needed to work him up to it or risk injury from fatigue since he was coming off no preseason.

Correct.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Peters is bigger and stronger and just better than McGovern…….i know he borderline HOF at tackle and not guard, I just think Peters has a better chance VS Donald.

Absolutely. Peters or move Tyler inside.

But I go with Peters and just let Tyler do his thing at LT.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
I don't know that he can handle the speed. That's how Donald beats you initially.

Havic

Reaction score
You beat him with scheme. Bill B schemed both Donald and Suh to be ineffective.

nathanlt

Reaction score

Here's my plan. Farniok at LG, Peters at fullback. Lead Draw, straight at Aaron Donald. Whether the play gets yards or not, Dallas double teams Aaron Donald and gives him a good wallop on a regular basis. If Aaron slides over to Zach Martin's side... even better.

glimmerman

Reaction score
You better play Peters. This game and egirls game will be personal for him. Especially egirls game.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
The Rams game is when you play with your 2 big TEs and double team Donald all day.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Would like Peters.
Biadasz will get worked by Donald.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Maybe Jason Peters will just eat Aaron Donald...

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Peters had 14 snaps in his first game and 21 on Sunday. I would think he might get around 35-40 against the Rams. But yeah, next to a Parsons he’s the best player in the NFL and will be tough no matter who’s blocking him.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
I just cant believe we are in this pickle because this FO assumed Tyron Smith wouldnt get hurt. Welp, here we are, 40 year old Peters versus an angry Aaron Donald.