Aaron Rodgers deal is "essentially done" if he decides he wants to be traded to the Jets

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Can’t believe Aaron Rodgers wants to play for the Jets. Must be the only choice he has if he wants to keep playing. Talk about a graveyard for QBs. Here’s a crazy stat, the Jets haven’t had a 4000 yard passer since Joe Namath in 1967.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Can’t believe Aaron Rodgers wants to play for the Jets. Must be the only choice he has if he wants to keep playing. Talk about a graveyard for QBs. Here’s a crazy stat, the Jets haven’t had a 4000 yard passer since Joe Namath in 1967.
They dont know if he does. That's what's the question

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They dont know if he does. That's what's the question
No one else seems to be making a play for him at least at this point. It may be the Jets or retirement. If the Packers were to release him, then that would open the door for other teams. Right now he’s up for trade. He is pushing 40 and someone would have to take on his huge contract.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
100% guarantee this isn't the only choice he has.
Who else has made a play for him? Right now he’s up for trade and the Jets are the only ones that have stepped up so far. They really don’t make any sense because they’re more than a QB away. Really doesn’t make sense for him or them.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
No one else seems to be making a play for him at least at this point. It may be the Jets or retirement. If the Packers were to release him, then that would open the door for other teams. Right now he’s up for trade. He is pushing 40 and someone would have to take on his huge contract.
What I'm seeing on spotrac if he's traded or released he has 99mil in dead money lol. How do you trade that?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
What I'm seeing on spotrac if he's traded or released he has 99mil in dead money lol. How do you trade that?
I really don’t know how you do it, but all the reports I’ve seen say the Packers are ready to move on from him. They want to see what they have in Jordan Love. I haven’t heard any of the media say they think he’ll be back in Green Bay. I know we’ve been through this before with Rodgers, but it sure looks like this is the end between him and Green Bay. We’ll see. According to this source his cap hit might not be that bad.

https://fansided.com/2023/03/09/aaron-rodgers-cap-hit-trade-packers-jets/amp/

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Screw Rodgers. What a baby.
He would be miserable with the Jets. They’re still going to be bad even with him. I’m surprised Miami hasn’t made a play for him. With the talent talent they have at WR Rodgers would be lethal. Tua could be done in another year with all the concussions he’s been suffering. No way can they depend on him playing a full season. One more bad concussion, and that could be it for him. If any team should go all in for Aaron Rodgers it’s Miami.

Flamma

Reaction score
Holy crap, I didn't know he threw for 4000 yards in 1967. Then again, it was against all AFL teams.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Holy crap, I didn't know he threw for 4000 yards in 1967. Then again, it was against all AFL teams.
No one was throwing for 4000 yards in the 1960s. Joe Namath was the first to do it and the last QB for the Jets to do it.