Aaron Rodgers - McCarthy Reunion

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Yeah.... with you there. Same with Cam Newton... I wouldn't have been able to even watch a game with Cam behind center...

LOL......I'd take a healthy Cam Newton in a heartbeat as an alternative to Dak. Lots of fans get hung on Cam's passionate and unpredictable wardrobes. I could care less about any of that stuff coz he's easily a top 5 QB when healthy. In fact, IF somehow we lose Dak after this year, he'd be my #1 target.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
With Rodgers seeing a future split from the Packers is in the cards, (“Just look at the facts”) do you see any way Rodgers could end up in Dallas and a reunion with his old coach? I know they didn’t have the greatest relationship but could it happen?

New board rule.

If you choose to start a thread, you must spend at least 5 minutes researching the topic. This will lead to threads like this disappearing.

Mannix

Reaction score
While they were together, can you imagine if you were in some kind of service industry and having to deal with both Rodgers and Danica both at the same time? OMG!!! I always thought they were perfect for on another...his ego probably could no longer handle dating someone older than him.

BigD_95

Reaction score
With Rodgers seeing a future split from the Packers is in the cards, (“Just look at the facts”) do you see any way Rodgers could end up in Dallas and a reunion with his old coach? I know they didn’t have the greatest relationship but could it happen?

Absolutely! And for less than what they would have to pay Dak

time heals all relationships and Rodgers was seriously screwed by GB in the draft. He is upset and he knows MM and I think he would play with him again. Specially when you look at the offensive weapons Cowboys would be offering him

Mannix

Reaction score
-----If you choose to start a thread, you must spend at least 5 minutes researching the topic. This will lead to threads like this disappearing.

Does anyone think Robin Williams and Pam Dawber will ever get back together for some kind of a collaboration?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
-----If you choose to start a thread, you must spend at least 5 minutes researching the topic. This will lead to threads like this disappearing.

Does anyone think Robin Williams and Pam Dawber will ever get back together for some kind of a collaboration?
Got a Ouija board?

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Why in the world would you think Rodgers would come in to a team w/ a HC that he hates? This doesn't make any sense.
Easy, he would go to that HC because he is currently with a HC that he doesnt like just as much (or at least the HC dont like him).

Sometimes when a relationship is fractured, time and present situations kind of make people reflect about the good times and realize that it wasnt that bad. Also, Aaron is very emotional and i would think he would want to win another one with a coach that dont mind him being in shotgun 90 percent of the time.

If the Cowboys are serious about winning now and cant sign Dak, I could see a one or 2 year deal that is team friendly.

perrykemp

Reaction score
This happening at the end of the season wouldn't shock me.

Look, it worked with the Broncos and Peyton Manning. There are other examples of older QBs doing this after moving to a new team. Might be easier than signing Dak to a multi-year contract IF they don't love Dak.

Rodgers isn't what he was, however, he is still pretty great (was top 20 in the NFL 100 listing).

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Gee lets look at things. First as you already point out McCarthy and Rodgers didn't have a very good relationship. He knows that and more importantly Jones knows this too. The chances are extremely slim that Jones would force a QB on Mccarthy that they both know about the bad relationship. Next the team Rodgers has played his entire career for has drafted what most think is Rodgers replacement so they think he's replaceable and no longer a lock to play and start until Rodgers decides to hang it up. Rodgers is heading into his 16th season this year so the odds are more in favor of him getting an injury than not and those odds increase every year after this season. At this time there is no time table for this move to Love their 1st round pick into the starting job. Rodgers still has 4 more years on his current contract and if he doesn't get released until then, he would be entering his 20th season and the Cowboys would then go after a QB going into his 20th season? Yes Rodgers does have a ring, one more than Prescott but that is one ring in 15 seasons. Even Eli has more rings and nobody tried to sign him when he was released before he officially announced his retirement. And please do even suggest the Cowboys would WASTE a draft pick on him in a trade. Stop trying to play super scout, you're not very good at it.

Creeper

Reaction score
This is an interesting question. What if Brady leads the Bucs to a Championship game? Will this lead Jerry and son to believe letting Dak go after this season and signing Rodgers would lead to a championship?