Aaron Rodgers Stats - 21-3 112.9

J12B

Reaction score
These are A-aron Rodgers stats for touchdowns-interceptions and passer rating.

Yet, the Green Bay Packers are 4-7-1.

Has the quarterback position become overvalued in the league?

And when will franchises start playing hardball with qb's when negotiating contracts?

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
So Romo had great stats and yet if you looked around here you'd see people blaming the defense for the record of the team.

Why would this be different?

J12B

Reaction score
So Romo had great stats and yet if you looked around here you'd see people blaming the defense for the record of the team.

Why would this be different?

That's my point. Neither teams had legit defenses and therefore the stellar qb play didn't really matter. With a franchise qb costing a significant portion of the salary cap, gms aren't able to build a solid defense.

I would think gms would start letting top tier QBs walk because it takes much more than a great qb to get far in today's league.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
That's my point. Neither teams had legit defenses and therefore the stellar qb play didn't really matter. With a franchise qb costing a significant portion of the salary cap, gms aren't able to build a solid defense.

I would think gms would start letting top tier QBs walk because it takes much more than a great qb to get far in today's league.

Explain Brady, then. Or Rothlesberger.

J12B

Reaction score
Explain Brady, then. Or Rothlesberger.

Brady has been playing on a relatively cheap deal. Plus he has Belicheck.

The Steelers have played well over the years but nothing close to a dynasty. Ben only has 1 Superbowl just like Rodgers

J12B

Reaction score
Better check your stats. Ben has two.

You're right.

One in 2006 was because Ben was playing on a rookie deal. That was a solid team and he had great talent surrounding him

InTheZone

Reaction score

our team is the perfect example, stick to drafting young and paying minimal for qb positions and you can build a great team around them and win.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
The biggest example of letting a QB was Cousins, to me a mediocre to average QB.

No team has let a top tier QB walk and I don't think they will.

Watson, Mahomes, Jared Goff will all be throwing passes for their franchises for a long time to come.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
The biggest example of letting a QB was Cousins, to me a mediocre to average QB.

No team has let a top tier QB walk and I don't think they will.

Watson, Mahomes, Jared Goff will all be throwing passes for their franchises for a long time to come.

Cousins is better than mediocre to average. He may not be top tier, but he's definitely between top tier and average.

Hardline

Reaction score
These are A-aron Rodgers stats for touchdowns-interceptions and passer rating.

Yet, the Green Bay Packers are 4-7-1.

Has the quarterback position become overvalued in the league?

And when will franchises start playing hardball with qb's when negotiating contracts?
Hopefully hardball negotiations begin with Dak.