Actors/Actresses/Directors that will pique your interest in a film

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We have the turn off thread, how about the opposite? What actors or actresses or directors will pique your interest and are there some that will actually cause you to go see the film because of their involvement in it.

I added directors to the mix because there are two that I will never fail to see their work, Scorsese and Spielberg. I used to feel that way about Cameron and Ridley Scott but that became too hit and miss.

I have interest in any film Cruise, Hackman, Gibson, Denzel Washington, Chris Pine and Ben Foster are in and the combination of Pine and Foster is damned near Newman and Redford to me. "The Finest Hours" and "Hell and High Water" were great pairings and the pairing of Washington and Pine in "Unstoppable" was brilliant.

I think Charlize Theron is the best combination of beauty and talent I have ever seen from an actress. Even in a so so film like "Atomic Blonde", she was not so so.

timb2

Reaction score
M. Shymalan movies I do like

I like Jordan Peele movies also.

I think Sam Raimi/ Takashi Miike/Pang Brothers movies Japanese Horror movies are good. The Ring, The Grudge,Audition,The Eye.

timb2

Reaction score
I do appreciate as actors Lenardo di Caprio,Bratt Pitt,Ed Norton,Robert di Niro,Joe Pesci,Denzel Washington,Johnny Depp..I do not agree with all their political stances but do appreciate them as actors,

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Any movie that has Vince Vaughn in it.......I am going to see. Same goes for Hanks but I don’t care about seeing Mr Rogers :laugh:

I can’t name all my favorites, so sticking to who is still making movies. Guys like Freeman, Hackman, Willis, Sly, etc were all must sees back in the day.

Love Denzel too, he needs to get a few more in before he gets too old. I can’t think of a female who I have to just go see.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do appreciate as actors Lenardo di Caprio,Bratt Pitt,Ed Norton,Robert di Niro,Joe Pesci,Denzel Washington,Johnny Depp..I do not agree with all their political stances but do appreciate them as actors,
Agree, I am only interested in the role portrayed, I do not care about their personal life. Same with musicians or any artists.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any movie that has Vince Vaughn in it.......I am going to see. Same goes for Hanks but I don’t care about seeing Mr Rogers :laugh:

I can’t name all my favorites, so sticking to who is still making movies. Guys like Freeman, Hackman, Willis, Sly, etc were all must sees back in the day.

Love Denzel too, he needs to get a few more in before he gets too old. I can’t think of a female who I have to just go see.
Good, I will have Charlize all to myself.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Amy Adams. More than any other actor or actress she has a way of making me analyze her performance. And she completely stole American Hustle away from a very talent group of actors. To me she is up there with any actor not named Meryl Streep

If you havent watched Sharp Objects, I highly recommend it

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't think there's anyone who automatically gets my money. I'd say if a trailer looks good, and the lead is Liam Neeson, Mel Gibson, Halle Berry, Kate Beckinsale, Melissa McCarthy, Will Smith, there's a good chance I'll go see it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Amy Adams. More than any other actor or actress she has a way of making me analyze her performance. And she completely stole American Hustle away from a very talent group of actors. To me she is up there with any actor not named Meryl Streep
Amy Adams? The one who played Lois Lane?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think there's anyone who automatically gets my money. I'd say if a trailer looks good, and the lead is Liam Neeson, Mel Gibson, Halle Berry, Kate Beckinsale, Melissa McCarthy, Will Smith, there's a good chance I'll go see it.
Forgot about Neeson. While he makes a lot of movies, more after he lost his wife and he asked for that, he delivers even when stealing an idea from a previous film and making "The Commuter", which I really liked.

My favorite role of his, other than "Schindler's List", was in "Next of Kin". He was an unknown and I saw an interview with him speaking in his native tongue and thought 'that guy talks like that and played that part'? Another favorite of mine was in that, Bill Paxton.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Forgot about Neeson. While he makes a lot of movies, more after he lost his wife and he asked for that, he delivers even when stealing an idea from a previous film and making "The Commuter", which I really liked.

My favorite role of his, other than "Schindler's List", was in "Next of Kin". He was an unknown and I saw an interview with him speaking in his native tongue and thought 'that guy talks like that and played that part'? Another favorite of mine was in that, Bill Paxton.
Next of Kin was a really good flick, and you're right, he had a lot to do with that. I like Bill Paxton, but he'll always be Chip, from Weird Science to me, just like Travolta will always be Barbarino.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't know. There's just something about her I don't like. Not that I think she's a bad actress. I just find her presence bland.
Roles like that aren't her thing. She isnt someone that belongs in big budget films like that. I always view big budgets productions needing more personality than talent from its stars. She isnt going to hold up in something like Man of Steel. She belongs in character driven stuff