Adam Schefter - Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I don't mind Skip that much. I get that he is a professional contrarian and loves to stir that pot. He has made a living doing it for nearly 3 decades. He says a lot that I agree with but because it's Skip, so many dismiss it. But I get why.

And one game I forgot in the Rodgers failures was 2011. They went 15-1 and looked to be a lock to return back to the Super Bowl. And Eli went into Lambeau and schooled Rodgers. Rodgers did not play well at all. Their offense looked to be stuck in mud.

2 of Rodgers' most memorable playoff games came against our putrid defenses. He beat us on one leg in 2014 and destroyed us a few years later. Thing is, Dak might have outplayed him that game (as a rookie) but that gets lost because of our defense. And Rodgers then lays an egg in the NFC title game both times after that game.

I'm sure that 2011 season was somehow someone's fault besides Rodgers lol. and the 2014 game came partly because of a BS call.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
In fairness to Rodgers, the Packers haven't drafted a receiver in the first round since 2008 coincidentally his first year as a starter. He has a reason to complain in that regard.

But overall he's a whiner, STILL hasn't gotten over where he was drafted, which is silly because it's not like he's another Brady, Rodgers was a first round pick out of California, hardly a bastion of great NFL quarterbacks. Going a lot higher than he was taken wasn't a realistic expectation....

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
But I thought Mike McCarthy was the problem?

Rodgers is a complete mental case. He's never going to be happy.
Wait a freaking minute here. Put yourself in his shoes. Last year during the draft, the Packers traded up to draft Rodger's potential replacement without telling him. He is the reigning league MVP. What message are they sending him when they have had a full year now to fix this situation but they just didn't. Do you not believe he is due a certain degree of job security? What exactly was it about when they moved up to draft Jordan Love? I'd be pissed off too if I were Aaron Rodgers. That was just straight-up disrespectful for the Packers to do that crap without warning. So, Rodgers is now throwing bombs, tried to blow up the Packer's latest draft, and is now refusing to play for them. They need to fix this by massaging his bruised ego a bit. Special players get special treatment and they didn't do that for him. He deserves a raise and an extension. Maybe he needs to be more hands-off of this and just let his agent handle it but I can't blame a guy for being concerned about his own career.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In fairness to Rodgers, the Packers haven't drafted a receiver in the first round since 2008 coincidentally his first year as a starter. He has a reason to complain in that regard.

But overall he's a whiner, STILL hasn't gotten over where he was drafted, which is silly because it's not like he's another Brady, Rodgers was a first round pick out of California, hardly a bastion of great NFL quarterbacks. Going a lot higher than he was taken wasn't a realistic expectation....

This is laughable opinion. He's a first ballot HOFer easy. He wants out of GB for the same reason Brady wanted out of NE. He's tired of carrying the offense and getting no support from the FO.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
This is laughable opinion. He's a first ballot HOFer easy. He wants out of GB for the same reason Brady wanted out of NE. He's tired of carrying the offense and getting no support from the FO.

"This is laughable opinion." Oh really? Who made you the decision maker as to who's opinion is "laughable"?

Besides, did I say anything about his not being a future HOF player? Didn't I say he had a reason to complain about not having support, as in no WR drafted in the first round since 2008?

I think you were replying to somebody else's opinion...

KB1122

Reaction score

Rodgers, Morton, Bartkowski, Ferragamo, Goff, Kapp.

That's 3 guys who were top 10 in their peak decade and three more who took a team to a Super Bowl. One of the top 5 quarterback schools, IMO.

The Packers, though, have almost never been bad at quarterback.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
I thought Mike McCarthy was the reason Rodgers was unhappy and now he's happy and winning under the new coach. And now he's unhappy again. Seems like McCarthy might not have been the problem.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rodgers, Morton, Bartkowski, Ferragamo, Goff, Kapp.

That's 3 guys who were top 10 in their peak decade and three more who took a team to a Super Bowl. One of the top 5 quarterback schools, IMO.

The Packers, though, have almost never been bad at quarterback.

Did you sleep through the 70's and 80's? The Pack was a laughing stock when I was growing up. They pretty much sucked between Lombardi and Brett Favre.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought Mike McCarthy was the reason Rodgers was unhappy and now he's happy and winning under the new coach. And now he's unhappy again. Seems like McCarthy might not have been the problem.

Rodgers was fine until the Pack went out and drafted his replacement in round 1 last year. He kinda took it personally.......went out and won the league MVP.......they do next to nothing in the off season to help him year after year....... he's tired of the BS.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Terry Bradshaw calling AR weak

https://sports.yahoo.com/terry-bradshaw-aaron-rodgers-him-232337435.html

With him being that upset shows me how weak he is,” Hall of Fame quarterback Terry Bradshaw said Monday in an appearance with Moose and Maggie on WFAN. “Who the hell cares who you draft? I mean, he’s a three-time MVP in the league and he’s worried about this guy they drafted last year at number one? . . . And for him to be upset, my God, I don’t understand that. Pittsburgh drafted Mark Malone number one, Cliff Stoudt in the third or fourth round. I had them coming at me from all angles. I embraced it, because when we went to practice, I wasn’t worried about those guys. You know? They didn’t scare me a bit. So I don’t understand why he’s so upset at Green Bay. . . .

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score

With him being that upset shows me how weak he is,” Hall of Fame quarterback Terry Bradshaw said Monday in an appearance with Moose and Maggie on WFAN. “Who the hell cares who you draft? I mean, he’s a three-time MVP in the league and he’s worried about this guy they drafted last year at number one? . . . And for him to be upset, my God, I don’t understand that. Pittsburgh drafted Mark Malone number one, Cliff Stoudt in the third or fourth round. I had them coming at me from all angles. I embraced it, because when we went to practice, I wasn’t worried about those guys. You know? They didn’t scare me a bit. So I don’t understand why he’s so upset at Green Bay. . . .

I appreciate that from Bradshaw.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Of course that's coming from a guy who had one of the best defenses ever, with multiple Hall of Fame players - both offensive and defensive. Malone was drafted after Bradshaw had been on the Steelers for 10 years and had 4 SB rings. Back then 10 years was about the average career of an NFL quarterback. Steelers drafted a wide receiver in the first round in 1971, Bradshaw's second year, as well as Swann in the first round in 1974.

So it's hardly a similar comparison, though I have no love lost or sympathy for Rodgers, he's made his millions, got the awards and has a ring. Just that while it's not how he should act, Bradshaw was never in his shoes, he had tons of support from the team, Rodgers has somewhat been left to fend for himself....

Big D

Reaction score

Bradshaw is correct.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Of course that's coming from a guy who had one of the best defenses ever, with multiple Hall of Fame players - both offensive and defensive. Malone was drafted after Bradshaw had been on the Steelers for 10 years and had 4 SB rings. Back then 10 years was about the average career of an NFL quarterback. Steelers drafted a wide receiver in the first round in 1971, Bradshaw's second year, as well as Swann in the first round in 1974.

So it's hardly a similar comparison, though I have no love lost or sympathy for Rodgers, he's made his millions, got the awards and has a ring. Just that while it's not how he should act, Bradshaw was never in his shoes, he had tons of support from the team, Rodgers has somewhat been left to fend for himself....

Right. I can see why Rodgers is pissed and being a Cowboys fan in the 70s and seeing those stacked Steelers teams was ridiculous. I get what Bradshaw is saying considering the guy was just MVP but I also get why Rodgers wanted management to stack the deck for him vs watching him try to be a Marino type that carries an offense to no avail in the playoffs

Last edited:

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score

Damn man, people talk like the Packers had zero players on their team throughout Rodgers tenure.

That is simply nonsense, no team wins the amount of games they have without a lot of talent.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Damn man, people talk like the Packers had zero players on their team throughout Rodgers tenure.

That is simply nonsense, no team wins the amount of games they have without a lot of talent.

I didn't say he had zero talented players, of course the NFL is full of talented players and they are scattered throughout the various teams.

However, we'll have to wait a few years, but I seriously doubt we'll see the Packers teams that Rodgers quarterbacked will have near as many HOF players as Bradshaw had in his tenure.

Last I checked there were 10 in the HOF during most of Bradshaw's tenure, and some more may be forthcoming from the veteran's committee, hard to see 10 Packers from Rodgers' time that will be in there....

dreghorn2

Original Zoner (he's a good boy!)
Reaction score
I didn't say he had zero talented players, of course the NFL is full of talented players and they are scattered throughout the various teams.

However, we'll have to wait a few years, but I seriously doubt we'll see the Packers teams that Rodgers quarterbacked will have near as many HOF players as Bradshaw had in his tenure.

Last I checked there were 10 in the HOF during most of Bradshaw's tenure, and some more may be forthcoming from the veteran's committee, hard to see 10 Packers from Rodgers' time that will be in there....

I wasn't talking specifically about Bradshaw's quote, my statement was that the narrative of 'Rodgers has somewhat been left to fend for himself', which seems to be the consensus opinion whenever Rodgers is discussed, is not true.

Green Bay has had some dynamite teams during his career.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I wasn't talking specifically about Bradshaw's quote, my statement was that the narrative of 'Rodgers has somewhat been left to fend for himself', which seems to be the consensus opinion whenever Rodgers is discussed, is not true.

Green Bay has had some dynamite teams during his career.

Yes they have, but please note I said he was "somewhat" left to fend for himself, the lack of drafting wide receivers in the early rounds is evidence of that.

But no NFL team is going to totally ignore the rest of the offense other than quarterback, like the Packers had an excellent tight end (can't remember his name) for a few years, that is certainly a help to any quarterback...