Adam Schefter - Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
Wait a freaking minute here. Put yourself in his shoes. Last year during the draft, the Packers traded up to draft Rodger's potential replacement without telling him. He is the reigning league MVP. What message are they sending him when they have had a full year now to fix this situation but they just didn't. Do you not believe he is due a certain degree of job security? What exactly was it about when they moved up to draft Jordan Love? I'd be pissed off too if I were Aaron Rodgers. That was just straight-up disrespectful for the Packers to do that crap without warning. So, Rodgers is now throwing bombs, tried to blow up the Packer's latest draft, and is now refusing to play for them. They need to fix this by massaging his bruised ego a bit. Special players get special treatment and they didn't do that for him. He deserves a raise and an extension. Maybe he needs to be more hands-off of this and just let his agent handle it but I can't blame a guy for being concerned about his own career.

That was the same way Rodgers got drafted. I don't see the issue. They have no obligation to Aaron Rodgers other than to pay him the contract he's signed. They are still allowed to try to plan for their future beyond a 37-year-old QB.

GB has surrounded him with a top 3 offensive line, a top 3 WR, and a top 5-7 RB. There are not many better situations he's going to leave GB and walk into.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That was the same way Rodgers got drafted. I don't see the issue. They have no obligation to Aaron Rodgers other than to pay him the contract he's signed. They are still allowed to try to plan for their future beyond a 37-year-old QB.

GB has surrounded him with a top 3 offensive line, a top 3 WR, and a top 5-7 RB. There are not many better situations he's going to leave GB and walk into.
Thanks for making my point. He saw what happened to Farve and doesn't want the same thing to happen to him.

Flamma

Reaction score
Terry Bradshaw calling AR weak

https://sports.yahoo.com/terry-bradshaw-aaron-rodgers-him-232337435.html

With him being that upset shows me how weak he is,” Hall of Fame quarterback Terry Bradshaw said Monday in an appearance with Moose and Maggie on WFAN. “Who the hell cares who you draft? I mean, he’s a three-time MVP in the league and he’s worried about this guy they drafted last year at number one? . . . And for him to be upset, my God, I don’t understand that. Pittsburgh drafted Mark Malone number one, Cliff Stoudt in the third or fourth round. I had them coming at me from all angles. I embraced it, because when we went to practice, I wasn’t worried about those guys. You know? They didn’t scare me a bit. So I don’t understand why he’s so upset at Green Bay. . . .

That came during a time before quarterbacks became spoiled petulant brats that take their ball and go home the second someone doesn't kiss their ***.

ghst187

Reaction score
Or God forbid, the Commanders.

my honestly that would be my nightmare on elm st. Have to play him twice a year and they become instant SB favorites.
From a WFT perspective, they are complete idiots if they are NOT burning up the phones and offering every first round pick until 2030. Their D is good enough to win now. Rodgers is good enough to make the offense work.

Flamma

Reaction score
my honestly that would be my nightmare on elm st. Have to play him twice a year and they become instant SB favorites.
From a WFT perspective, they are complete idiots if they are NOT burning up the phones and offering every first round pick until 2030. Their D is good enough to win now. Rodgers is good enough to make the offense work.

You're absolutely right. The Commanders are instant super bowl contenders with Rodgers at QB. The problem is, most NFL athletes first priority is money and respect, not winning. And of course where they live. Then winning. As far as I know Rodgers gave 3 locations that he'd like to go to. Raiders, Broncos, and 49ers.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think GB would trade him to an NFC team b/c he would make any NFC team and impediment to GB getting to a super bowl for the next 3-4 years. I think his best fit is Vegas, and trading for him something I can totally see Gruden and Mayock doing in order to win now.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
Schefter admitted he didn't have a source for this. Sounds like GB management leaked this to smear him.

Turk

Reaction score
You're absolutely right. The Commanders are instant super bowl contenders with Rodgers at QB. The problem is, most NFL athletes first priority is money and respect, not winning. And of course where they live. Then winning. As far as I know Rodgers gave 3 locations that he'd like to go to. Raiders, Broncos, and 49ers.
Early in their careers the players go for the money. Later in their careers they go for the rings.

Rodgers wants a second ring BADLY. And a third if possible because that moves him into very exclusive company.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Early in their careers the players go for the money. Later in their careers they go for the rings.

Rodgers wants a second ring BADLY. And a third if possible because that moves him into very exclusive company.

Yes, else why do players like P. Manning, Brees, Namath etc. hang on when it's obvious they are past their prime?

Guess in some cases it's money, like Namath but you know Brees wanted another ring as badly as Rodgers does...

Flamma

Reaction score

Sure, that makes sense. But right now he's on a team capable of at least getting to the championship game. I don't know what his relationship with the GM is, but if his goal is to win the SB, they should have a talk. So that he can restructure his contract to get over the top.

Look at Brady's cap hit compared to Rodgers going into 2021. They're both top notch QBs. And Brady is stacking the deck in his favor before the coin toss.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Rodgers is angling for a reworked deal and my guess is the Packers will oblige. This is about money and nothing else.

Turk

Reaction score
Sure, that makes sense. But right now he's on a team capable of at least getting to the championship game. I don't know what his relationship with the GM is, but if his goal is to win the SB, they should have a talk. So that he can restructure his contract to get over the top.

Look at Brady's cap hit compared to Rodgers going into 2021. They're both top notch QBs. And Brady is stacking the deck in his favor before the coin toss.
Because at heart Rodgers is a whiny crybaby.

FloridaRob

Reaction score
Rodgers is angling for a reworked deal and my guess is the Packers will oblige. This is about money and nothing else.

I dont think it is. Rodgers saw Brady come to a new team and they fell all over themselves to get whoever and whatever Tom wanted to make a run. The brought in Gronk, A-Brown, Fournette, and with top pics drafted a starting right tackle. Roders saw his team sign no free agents, draft a future QB and back up TE and RB. Rodgers is every bit as talented or more than Brady but Rodgers always had to do it himself. How many games does Rodgers have to win by himself. The Bucs won because of their defense and Brady got to ride along and get all the praise. As McCarthy said when he was coach of Green Bay, "we do what we do" when asked about the lack of free agent activity. When the Packers signed Lafluer as head coach. Mark Murphy called Rodgers and said "we hired Matt Lafluer, don't be the problem.' Are you kidding? Show a little sign of respect you doofus. The only reason Murphy has been able to do as much renovation to the Titletown area of Green bay is because of the Packers success and especially because of Rodgers.

Brady says Bring in A Brown to be a WR while Rodgers says I have a great chemistry with Kumerow. The Bucs bring in the felon while the Packers release a guy that Rodgers really likes. what team showed appreciation to a great QB? It wasnt the packers. Rodgers figures he would go to a team that actually cares about helping him win a championship instead of having to do it himself.

I believe even if the Packers offer Rodgers the most lucrative contract ever signed he will prefer to go to a team that will put a team around him that helps him more than the Packers showed. Good for him....

Winning a title is not important to the Packers. Only being successfull is their priority. Rodgers wants more.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
I dont think it is. Rodgers saw Brady come to a new team and they fell all over themselves to get whoever and whatever Tom wanted to make a run. The brought in Gronk, A-Brown, Fournette, and with top pics drafted a starting right tackle. Roders saw his team sign no free agents, draft a future QB and back up TE and RB. Rodgers is every bit as talented or more than Brady but Rodgers always had to do it himself. How many games does Rodgers have to win by himself. The Bucs won because of their defense and Brady got to ride along and get all the praise. As McCarthy said when he was coach of Green Bay, "we do what we do" when asked about the lack of free agent activity. When the Packers signed Lafluer as head coach. Mark Murphy called Rodgers and said "we hired Matt Lafluer, don't be the problem.' Are you kidding? Show a little sign of respect you doofus. The only reason Murphy has been able to do as much renovation to the Titletown area of Green bay is because of the Packers success and especially because of Rodgers.

Brady says Bring in A Brown to be a WR while Rodgers says I have a great chemistry with Kumerow. The Bucs bring in the felon while the Packers release a guy that Rodgers really likes. what team showed appreciation to a great QB? It wasnt the packers. Rodgers figures he would go to a team that actually cares about helping him win a championship instead of having to do it himself.

I believe even if the Packers offer Rodgers the most lucrative contract ever signed he will prefer to go to a team that will put a team around him that helps him more than the Packers showed. Good for him....

Winning a title is not important to the Packers. Only being successfull is their priority. Rodgers wants more.
It's tough to win on the NFL. Rodgers is too much of a primadonna for my liking. If he ran it on that 3rd down vs the Bucs rather than throw into double coverage, they may have made it to the SB.

Players have to be accountable for themselves. If Rodgers wants to play GM he should retire and seek a FO position.