Adam Schefter: Wentz will ask to be traded

Flamma

Reaction score
Unless there is some underlying injury that I’m not aware of I think he will have a huge bounce back and some team is about to get very lucky.

Eagles were an absolute mess this year on the offensive side of the ball and I could imagine the mountain of excuses some QBs would receive if they were in that situation.

I never thought he was great, but I am surprised they gave up on him that fast. Put a decent team around him and he should be ok. And you're right, some team will get lucky because they won't be taking on that cap hit, Philly will. The 59 mil in dead money will drop to 44 mil in a trade if I'm not mistaken. Still a lot.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

tenor.gif

Philly would have to eat $25M in dead money (Base salary for 2021 is $34.6M with $59M in dead money) so not sure how they could move on from him after this season.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I never thought he was great, but I am surprised they gave up on him that fast. Put a decent team around him and he should be ok. And you're right, some team will get lucky because they won't be taking on that cap hit, Philly will. The 59 mil in dead money will drop to 44 mil in a trade if I'm not mistaken. Still a lot.

He has great talent..

He’s been a trailer up until this point and gets the same results as guys like Dak & Dalton.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think for a minute that Lurie and Roseman didn't know where this was headed when Pederson named Hurts the starter in his first game. I also don't think they regret the move at all.

I think any team considering him better think on that and take a look back at what I've seen between Wentz and his fellow players, I think the Eagles like him about as much as the Skins liked Griffin. And it got worse when he got that contract. You ever watch his eyes after screwing up a play and coming off the field, he's not making eye contact with his teammates. He is just not a leader.

Look how he handled his benching. Now, think about how Hurts handled his in the biggest game of his life, that player is a leader and a teammate. Carson Wentz is Jeff George or Jay Cutler 2.0.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
Philly would have to eat $25M in dead money (Base salary for 2021 is $34.6M with $59M in dead money) so not sure how they could move on from him after this season.
Yeah not sure how that could work? I guess he could sign a new deal before a trade but bonus money is already paid out and on the books.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He has great talent..

He’s been a trailer up until this point and gets the same results as guys like Dak & Dalton.
He has a great arm, just like Cutler and George had. Takes more than that. Wentz is a good passer but I do not consider him a good QB.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
He will land in Indy.

Eagles land a high pick and all of his cap is gone. Eagles then have to release nobody lol
The eagles arent going to trade him when he has over 60mil in dead money in 2021. lol and hes trash. System QB who is trash once you take away his primary read.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
No one is going to be in a hurry to take on that contract.

eternaljester81

Reaction score
I hope he goes to the AFC and tears it up. He seems like a great guy who just needs a fresh start.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wentz here and Dak at Washington would break Cowboyszone.
I believe there would be a miniscule reduction in site membership if that happened. Keep in mind that CowboysZone has tens of thousands of members, so even 'miniscule' could be a notable number.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Does Wentz have a no-trade clause in his contract? Otherwise, ‘asking’ is irrelevant.

A QB of Wentz’s caliber does not ask for anything. He demands. :)

Rams had to get out of Gurley. Eagles have to get out of Wentz. Rams need to get out of Goff. Like in real estate sometimes, getting out can be difficult when the market fluctuates suddenly.

Cowboys need to beware with Dak especially with what we are seeing with Zeke.

12+88=7

Reaction score
No team will take that contract plus give up picks.

He plays for Philadelphia in 2021.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You Eagles fans need to understand this is a Cowboys Forum. This Wince garbage story is in the wrong forum.

MikeB80

Reaction score
it is going to be interesting to see how the eagles handle this. There is no simple way to solve the money problem.

Flamma

Reaction score
No team will take that contract plus give up picks.

He plays for Philadelphia in 2021.

What contract are they taking on? I'm pretty sure the new team is only going to be responsible for what hasn't been already paid, base salary. So if he goes to the Colts for example, I think their cap hit would be around 15.4 million. Most of that dead money is on the Eagles.

Picks? I don't see any team giving up a lot for him in that regard.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
I do not care if he gets traded. However I do want to see their offseason filled with heavy drama. Fanbase continues split. Locker room takes sides. Coaches "preference" is leaked. Media grilling the team for updates. Yep that would be perfect.