Adam Schefter: Wentz will ask to be traded

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by Risen Star, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

9,547 Messages
    8,266 Likes Received
    I never thought he was great, but I am surprised they gave up on him that fast. Put a decent team around him and he should be ok. And you're right, some team will get lucky because they won't be taking on that cap hit, Philly will. The 59 mil in dead money will drop to 44 mil in a trade if I'm not mistaken. Still a lot.

2. USArmyVet

USArmyVet Well-Known Member

2,056 Messages
    3,561 Likes Received

Philly would have to eat $25M in dead money (Base salary for 2021 is $34.6M with $59M in dead money) so not sure how they could move on from him after this season.

3. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

55,941 Messages
    58,032 Likes Received
    He has great talent..

He’s been a trailer up until this point and gets the same results as guys like Dak & Dalton.

4. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

28,970 Messages
    49,941 Likes Received
    I don't think for a minute that Lurie and Roseman didn't know where this was headed when Pederson named Hurts the starter in his first game. I also don't think they regret the move at all.

I think any team considering him better think on that and take a look back at what I've seen between Wentz and his fellow players, I think the Eagles like him about as much as the Skins liked Griffin. And it got worse when he got that contract. You ever watch his eyes after screwing up a play and coming off the field, he's not making eye contact with his teammates. He is just not a leader.

Look how he handled his benching. Now, think about how Hurts handled his in the biggest game of his life, that player is a leader and a teammate. Carson Wentz is Jeff George or Jay Cutler 2.0.

Buttermaker, Furboy and Direwolf63 like this.
  5. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

4,403 Messages
    3,448 Likes Received
    Yeah not sure how that could work? I guess he could sign a new deal before a trade but bonus money is already paid out and on the books.

6. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Moderator

28,970 Messages
    49,941 Likes Received
    He has a great arm, just like Cutler and George had. Takes more than that. Wentz is a good passer but I do not consider him a good QB.

Teague31 likes this.
  7. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

15,886 Messages
    9,708 Likes Received
    The eagles arent going to trade him when he has over 60mil in dead money in 2021. lol and hes trash. System QB who is trash once you take away his primary read.

8. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

14,390 Messages
    15,826 Likes Received
    No one is going to be in a hurry to take on that contract.

9. eternaljester81

eternaljester81 Well-Known Member

1,343 Messages
    1,927 Likes Received
    I hope he goes to the AFC and tears it up. He seems like a great guy who just needs a fresh start.

10. DallasEast

DallasEast Cowboys 24/7/365 Moderator

45,709 Messages
    31,218 Likes Received
    I believe there would be a miniscule reduction in site membership if that happened. Keep in mind that CowboysZone has tens of thousands of members, so even 'miniscule' could be a notable number.

11. ShortRound131

ShortRound131 Well-Known Member

15,925 Messages
    53,940 Likes Received
    Patriots might be interested

817Gill likes this.
  12. ninja

ninja Numbnuts

10,527 Messages
    5,519 Likes Received
    Does Wentz have a no-trade clause in his contract? Otherwise, ‘asking’ is irrelevant.

A QB of Wentz’s caliber does not ask for anything. He demands. :)

Rams had to get out of Gurley. Eagles have to get out of Wentz. Rams need to get out of Goff. Like in real estate sometimes, getting out can be difficult when the market fluctuates suddenly.

Cowboys need to beware with Dak especially with what we are seeing with Zeke.

13. 12+88=7

12+88=7 Well-Known Member

924 Messages
    1,485 Likes Received
    No team will take that contract plus give up picks.

He plays for Philadelphia in 2021.

J12B likes this.
  14. Furboy

Furboy Well-Known Member

16,775 Messages
    17,628 Likes Received
    That would make a lot of sense. I wonder where Rivers goes.

ShortRound131 likes this.
  15. America's Cowboy

America's Cowboy Zone Supporter

14,349 Messages
    21,192 Likes Received
    You Eagles fans need to understand this is a Cowboys Forum. This Wince garbage story is in the wrong forum.

Vanilla2 likes this.
  16. MikeB80

MikeB80 Well-Known Member

5,732 Messages
    6,241 Likes Received
    it is going to be interesting to see how the eagles handle this. There is no simple way to solve the money problem.

17. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

62,043 Messages
    115,204 Likes Received

Don't tell me I'm not important.

Vanilla2 likes this.
  18. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

62,043 Messages
    115,204 Likes Received
    He'd eclipse everything Brady has ever done there.

ShortRound131 likes this.
  19. Flamma

Flamma Well-Known Member

9,547 Messages
    8,266 Likes Received
    What contract are they taking on? I'm pretty sure the new team is only going to be responsible for what hasn't been already paid, base salary. So if he goes to the Colts for example, I think their cap hit would be around 15.4 million. Most of that dead money is on the Eagles.

Picks? I don't see any team giving up a lot for him in that regard.

20. viman96

viman96 Thread Killer

18,302 Messages
    16,155 Likes Received
    I do not care if he gets traded. However I do want to see their offseason filled with heavy drama. Fanbase continues split. Locker room takes sides. Coaches "preference" is leaked. Media grilling the team for updates. Yep that would be perfect.

Vanilla2, J12B and Furboy like this.