Adam Schefter: Wentz will ask to be traded

tyke1doe

Reaction score
How long is Rivers' contract? Does Reich think Wentz is an upgrade over Rivers? Rivers is the 9th ranked QB with a TD-INT ratio of 23-10 while Wentz is 30th with 16-15.
River is getting older. I expect him to decline rapidly. Besides, Colts have a better offensive line and running backs.
Problem will be compensation. I doubt any team is going to give up a 1st round pick for Wentz, and that's likely what Philly will be seeking.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Unless there is some underlying injury that I’m not aware of I think he will have a huge bounce back and some team is about to get very lucky.

Eagles were an absolute mess this year on the offensive side of the ball and I could imagine the mountain of excuses some QBs would receive if they were in that situation.
He is probably the modern Jeff George. Enough arm to talent to put up good stats. But cant process, cant lead, and cant win

J12B

Reaction score
I have no idea how Philly gets out of this one....I mean they are already projected to be over $100 million of the cap next season.

No idea how they can get underneath it with how most of their contracts are.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I feel bad for whichever team Wentz goes to. His entire rep is based on a 8 game stretch in 2017. And even Eagles fans would agree he probably doesn't do what Goff does in the super bowl win.

He's an average qb with a good spiral but poor crunch time play. He's in an qb friendly playbook in Philly but still struggling.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
I feel bad for whichever team Wentz goes to. His entire rep is based on a 8 game stretch in 2017. And even Eagles fans would agree he probably doesn't do what Goff does in the super bowl win.

He's an average qb with a good spiral but poor crunch time play. He's in an qb friendly playbook in Philly but still struggling.

That entire stretch and the subsequent SB run with Foles is a testament to Frank Reich as a coach. He’s really good and that fact only adds to INDY falling bass ackwards into getting him as HC.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
If Wentz gets traded here and were to actually play worse than Dak, then I wonder if Cooper, Gallup, CeeDee Lamb would be all of a sudden labeled as having "no talent" by Wentz apologists. Because that has what has happened after the roster of the Eagles was hyped up all off season, with some even bragging about the speed that Philly had on offense. Then when Wentz started to regress and struggle his defenders were insisting that it was because Philly had subpar talent on the offensive roster and that Wentz was getting no help.

Lots of fans think that the Cowboys WR corps are one of the best in the NFL. I wonder how soon that the Wentz apologists would label the Cowboys offensive roster as having "subpar talents." Since it seems like Wentz gets a lot of excuses made for him and a lot more leeway to prove himself compared to Dak.

And yet some still gives Wentz the benefit of the doubt about him just needing a different team and better coaching to be the elite QB some hyped him up to be. Again with the double standards as some view Dak needing a better team and roster around him to be successful and win games, as being a negative judgement towards his talents as a QB. Where as with Wentz the excuse of a team or roster not being good is used to give him the benefit of the doubt that he is still a good QB.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Colts seem like a decent place for him. Sure hope it is not the Steelers, unless he is this years version, same for NE.

HungryLion

Reaction score
“Don’t sign Dak. His large contract will handicap the team”

“Let’s trade, and give up draft picks, for a QB on a large contract that got benched”

Lol good grief.

Qcard

Reaction score
Unless there is some underlying injury that I’m not aware of I think he will have a huge bounce back and some team is about to get very lucky.

Eagles were an absolute mess this year on the offensive side of the ball and I could imagine the mountain of excuses some QBs would receive if they were in that situation.
Hopefully, Wentz won't also receive the Over-hype of 11 games into a mega deal

HungryLion

Reaction score
There is a theory floating that if Wentz wants out bad enough, he could repay some of his bonus/futures guarantees to lower the cap hit for Philly to make it easier to move.

I have no idea how likely that would be, I would guess not very.

The “theory” involves Wentz cutting a check to the eagles for 20 million dollars.

how likely do we think that is?

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
There's no way he gets traded to Washington ........what in world you guys thinking. Zero chance of that happening and you can probably take the Steelers off your list, it not their style.

ShaneFalco

Reaction score
With the money Philly invested in Wentz I doubt they’ve given up on him. It’s likely they’ll be a competition between him and Hurts next summer.

Is there a way to do a sign and trade and PHILLY NOT incur that 44 MIL dead cap hit cause that’s really high.

Verdict

Reaction score
Who would trade for Wentz’ contract? Hard to see anyone being that desperate.

cern

Reaction score
Based on his sorry play this year, i can't imagine there being any interest in wentz. Especially considering his contract.

baltcowboy

Reaction score

tenor.gif

The only way the Eagles trade Wentz is if they get a first round pick or they draft a quarterback with their top 5 selection.

loublue22

Reaction score
I'd say Pitt but I have this premonition that Stafford will end up there

Praxit

Reaction score
..what!.. no more Brokeback Mountain for Doug and Wentzzy?