Twitter: AdamJT13:TEN 3rd down vs DAL defense (embarrassing)

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
First, I didn't see the game and haven't watched the replay yet. Secondly, I have seen all the other games and I have thought that the Cowboys defense has improved every year under Marinelli. What typically happens to this defense is they spend too much time on the field due to an inept offense led by a shoddy QB. They (the Defense) are not good enough to continually stop teams in key situations, but they do manage to make plays sometimes. The problem is when they do get a stop, the offense, again led by a horrible QB, can't take advantage of it and put a drive together resulting in TD's.
The defense did get 2 turnovers in the first 2 drives, but after that the Titans adjusted and drove against the defense the rest of the game, hence the 11 of 15 converted 3rd downs. The defense didn't get stops, they forced 1 punt all game. They gave up an 80yd TD drive in the 1st qtr, 70 yd TD drive in the second qtr., if they were too tired at that point, we need to fire the conditioning coach too. The defense played badly, Mariota finished with a 119.9 QB Rating completing over 72% of his passes, their RB finished with 120 yds from scrimmage. The offense didn't help, but the defense sure didn't help themselves either and couldn't get off the field.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is this quitting? I love Jaylon, but pretty sure the NFL hasn't gone to 2-hand touch on the QB............. yet. :(

Did you see the call against Vander Esch a few plays earlier? That undoubtedly played a part. The league has screwed up defensive players and the game overall when it comes to quarterback hits.

wrongway

Reaction score
Of course, Dak had his problems but the D was just as bad. Wentz will eat them alive if they don't get this fixed.

It will get better. I fully expect the e-girls to get the first on second down attempts. Can only hope they take cowboys lightly and get a miracle. Barely care though.

John813

Reaction score
I blame the safeties more than the line.

Neither is holding their end of the bargain consistently.
D-Law is banged up, RDE continues to be a black hole and the DTs stepped up a few times.

I hope we go after ET in FA cause we need an infusion of talent there, and not some day 3 project.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
It's probably perception, but I feel like I've seen the Cowboys be adequate to good on 1st and 2nd down only to stink it up on 3rd down for years.

Then it snowballs into losses.