AdamJT13 v. The Horde

JoaquinFenix

Reaction score
The Horde: YES WE GOT ZEKE!!1!

AdamJT13: Unfortunately, decades' worth of statistical evidence shows that rushing effectiveness has little correlation to winning. *cites said evidence in painstaking detail*

The Horde: That's stoopid! Zeke is da man!

AdamJT13: Elliott may very well be a good player. But his ability to run the ball has little bearing on whether the Cowboys win. The evidence clearly demonstrates that teams win when they pass the ball better than their opponents.

The Horde: Well...that's just your opinion man!

AdamJT13: Actually, that's a fact, not an opinion.

The Horde: But but but running teh ball makes Romo better! Just like in 2014 with Murray!

AdamJT13: There's no correlation between rushing effectiveness and passing effectiveness. *cites evidence in support of claim* In 2014, for example, the Cowboys won the games where they passed the ball better than their opponents and lost the games where they didn't. There was no correlation between Murray's rushing effectiveness in those games and Romo's passing effectiveness. *cites evidence in support of claim*

The Horde: ARE YOU BLIND? OF COURSE HAVING A DOMINANT RUN GAME HELPS DO YOU EVEN WATCH DA GAMES YOU *?#$

AdamJT13: Yes, I watched and charted every game, just like I've done for many years. What evidence do you have in support of your assertion?

The Horde: iM to busy to look it up but everyone says so

AdamJT13: *closes eyes, takes a deep breath, exhales*

Craig

Reaction score
A definite top 3 rb.

But really its time to just give in. Not a lot to dislike about elliott, the biggest thing being his horrid decision making skills with regards to attire at the draft. I think the wrong choice was made at pick 4 but i think they got a good player. They should not need to address the rb position for 4 years now.

tyke1doe

Reaction score

AdamJT13: Unfortunately, decades' worth of statistical evidence shows that rushing effectiveness has little correlation to winning. *cites said evidence in painstaking detail*

AdamJT13: Elliott may very well be a good player. But his ability to run the ball has little bearing on whether the Cowboys win. The evidence clearly demonstrates that teams win when they pass the ball better than their opponents.

The Horde: But but but running teh ball makes Romo better! Just like in 2014 with Murray!

AdamJT13: There's no correlation between rushing effectiveness and passing effectiveness. *cites evidence in support of claim* In 2014, for example, the Cowboys won the games where they passed the ball better than their opponents and lost the games where they didn't. There was no correlation between Murray's rushing effectiveness in those games and Romo's passing effectiveness. *cites evidence in support of claim*

The Horde: ARE YOU BLIND? OF COURSE HAVING A DOMINANT RUN GAME HELPS DO YOU EVEN WATCH DA GAMES YOU *?#$

AdamJT13: Yes, I watched and charted every game, just like I've done for many years. What evidence do you have in support of your assertion?

Look, I appreciate AdamJT13 as much as the next Cowboy fan and truly believe he's a cut above many of the posters here in his knowledge and ability to analyze data.

But he is not infallible.

And I'll remind you that AdamJT13 was also a STRONG proponent of Roy Williams (the safety) and produced eloquent arguments on his behalf, particularly when other posters here were saying that Roy Williams couldn't adapt his game to the way safeties are now expected to play the game.

And the other posters were right.

So, again, admire AdamJT13, but don't act as if he can't be wrong either.

Football isn't a game always measured in data and stats and measurables. Sometimes, there's a factor that be observed even if it can't be quantified. It's called the "it" factor in some cases and intuition and instincts in others.

Just saying.

Last edited:

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
I feel like I just walked in on someone having a conversation, with themselves.

pep-talk-in-mirror-gif.gif

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

I think its time that we get a seperate page for ZEKE threads. Im am not big on limiting the main page, but every other thread is some annoying poster talking about how Great Zeke will be. I dont think anyone disputes that. Lets just move on can we not?

And these are the same guys who for 3 months before the draft did the same thing with ANOTHER Zeke thread. Moderators any thoughts?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
And block................... and make a mean brisket................ and solve Greece's debt problem................ and take out ISIS..................... and cure cancer..................... and talk to unicorns

You forget this too..
confetti.0.gif

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Nor would any pick for this year.

The entire season hinges on Romo just like it does Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Brees, Dalton, and the rest of the top 15 quarterbacks.

Lets say Romo is healthy for 16 games. What is your prediction on record and what is your prediction on what Zeke will do stats wise?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Nor would any pick for this year.

The entire season hinges on Romo just like it does Brady, Rodgers, Roethlisberger, Brees, Dalton, and the rest of the top 15 quarterbacks.

Exactly..............the success of this season will depend on Romos health and nothing to do with Zeke. So your claim that Zeke will set the world on fire and take us to the promise land NOW is nothing but BS.

erod

Reaction score
Lets say Romo is healthy for 16 games. What is your prediction on record and what is your prediction on what Zeke will do stats wise?

Let's pretend I care about stats, because I don't......

12-4. Maybe 13-3 or 14-2 because of the seemingly easy schedule. Schedules usually aren't what they seem in May though.

Elliott averages 4.8 per carry, but he only has about 300 carries (not 392 like Murray, which was stupid). So about 1450 yards. Morris/McFadden chip in another 700 combined yards.