After 2 plus year I had the Rona

Discussion in 'COVID Zone' started by Whyjerry, Apr 24, 2022.

1. Whyjerry

Whyjerry Well-Known Member

11,822 Messages
    18,843 Likes Received
    Yeah I officially had it. Got the JJ shot last May. Refused to do the “Booster”. I travel a lot and have remained active for 2 years. Finally succumbed on a trip to FL. We all got it. My wife. Daughters. My daughter’s friend that we brought on vacation. Totally fine. Sore throat and felt foggy for a couple days. Other than that nothing. Covid is BS. A mild flu at its worst.

lostar2009, CWR, Pukindog and 2 others like this.
  2. Jammer

Jammer Retired Air Force Guy

CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
    5,326 Messages
    3,280 Likes Received
    I got it twice. Once in December and the last one in February. I was fully vaccinated (but "due" for a booster). The first case I felt fine physically, but I was brain dead. All I wanted to do was sleep or watch TV in "space" mode. The second time it really kicked my butt. I ached everywhere and it lasted about 10 days. I'm still having effects as I can't take a deep breath without going into a coughing attack. I get out of breath quickly as well. My wife had very mild symptoms.

I agree it's something we're going to have to live with.

Whyjerry likes this.
  3. RJ_MacReady

RJ_MacReady It's all in the reflexes

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    3,727 Messages
    6,761 Likes Received
    Welcome to the club!

I, myself, am a two-time champion of Covid. Undefeated. I've had the rona before the vax came out and had it again after I was Vax'd. The difference? Not a dang thing.
    It wasn't a walk in the park each time but it wouldn't even rate in the Top-10 of illnesses I've had in my life. What I remember the most about it was the 4-6 weeks of a lingering cough both times. After dealing with it, I'm not going to bother with anymore vaccines, especially the ones on the market right now.

And I'll be darned if my kids are getting vax'd. They had the Rona with me and they shook it off like it was nothing...maybe a day of "under the weather" and that was it. Colds have affected my kids worse than this thing did.

Like you said, we need to focus more on improving our health and immune system. A healthy lifestyle should be something that is heavily promoted but sadly that's not happening for some reason..

Chocolate Lab, kskboys and Whyjerry like this.
  4. FloridaRob

FloridaRob Well-Known Member

3,212 Messages
    1,658 Likes Received
    I would not say it is BS. My grandsons baseball coach got it and died last fall. . I got it over Christmas and was triple vaxed at the time. My wife is the only person I know that hasnt gotten it. I was in the mall this past weekend and then went to PF Changs afterwards. Nobody was wearing a mask.

Khartun likes this.
  5. Sydla

Sydla Well-Known Member

51,118 Messages
    76,812 Likes Received
    Vaccines were a big part of improving our health and immune system.

It wasn't until that fraud study linking autism to vaccines did some people start freaking out and questioning vaccines. Then add in the political climate in 2020 and the damage was done.

Sad, really. We've potentially sullied and forever damaged one of mankind's greatest achievements.

Rustinpeace21 and kskboys like this.
  6. John813

John813 Well-Known Member

CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
    18,571 Messages
    27,427 Likes Received
    I had it 3 times. 3rd time was the charm for symptoms. No/little fever with sore throat/fatigue

RJ_MacReady likes this.
  7. RJ_MacReady

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    3,727 Messages
    6,761 Likes Received
    I know you're probably not singling me out, but just in case:

I'm not "anti-Vax". I took the J&J Vax because I was told that it would have around a high 80% chance of "stopping transmission". That's what was told to me. I got it to "protect the elderly", like my mom from catching COVID from me. That.Was.A.Lie. The goal post kept moving as that lie played out over the summer/fall of '21. So like I said, and you quoted, I'm just not playing around with any of the Covid19 vax's that are out right now for a several reasons, but particularly because they're not really Vaccines in my eyes. When you have to change the definition of what a "vaccine" is and what an "anti-Vaxxer" is to fit a narrative, that raises suspicions. And bottom line, I've had Covid twice. Let me repeat...TWICE! I know how I measure up to it. If someone hasn't had it and is concerned, I understand. Good luck to them. Do you research and make YOUR choice.

BTW, raise your hands out there it you've had 8 rounds of Anthrax shots or small pox inoculation? My body was ravaged with all kinds of shots in 24 years in the Military, so I'm not scared about the Covid vax due to any side affects for me (too late for any of that), I just have zero faith in the current products and not because some talking head told me to think that. Actually, the talking heads have been busy telling me the opposite at every turn.

Nah, that was the original "Anti-Vax" crowd with Jenny McCarthy like 10-15 years ago. They were true anti-Vax. They were even against real, effective and important vaccines like for measles. There was the big controversy about their kids being is schools or whatever. Those are the original and true "Anti-Vax".

Post 2021, the definition has been change to: ": a person who opposes the use of vaccines or regulations mandating vaccination"
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/anti-vaxxer

My son has autism, and I'm not talking about "high functioning" side of the spectrum, either. Do I believe that vaccines played any part in that? No. I don't even give it one thought.

I don't we should bring politics into this thread. Did they play a part? Oh heck yeah! Mandates and all. The credibility in the legacy media is in the dumps, too. Who knew that regular people don't like being constantly lied to? That's all I'll say on that because there are a few nudnick posters that live in the off-topic section that love derailing threads with their political banter.

This I will mostly agree with, the last part I mean. The damage done wasn't by the regular populace, IMO. It was those higher up the pay scale. They all got what they wanted and now we, the plebeians, are left here fighting amongst ourselves just like we've been coaxed into doing since the dawn of time.

8. kskboys

kskboys Well-Known Member

33,016 Messages
    35,702 Likes Received
    Spot on.

I am also pro-vax.

Khartun and RJ_MacReady like this.
  9. nobody

nobody Well-Known Member

8,494 Messages
    14,981 Likes Received
    I think saying it's nothing because you had it and barely got sick is kind of silly. Everyone responds to illnesses differently. There's also evidence that the severity of Corona can vary wildly based on blood type.

That doesn't mean it's not overblown, but discounting it totally is bad.

10. Whyjerry

11,822 Messages
    18,843 Likes Received
    I was relaying my experience. Sorry it triggered your sensitivity.

Robbieac likes this.
  11. nobody

nobody Well-Known Member

8,494 Messages
    14,981 Likes Received
    It didn't trigger my sensitivity. It's just idiocy to discount it totally just because you had a mild case of it.

DallasEast and DoctorChicken like this.
  12. Whyjerry

11,822 Messages
    18,843 Likes Received
    Uh oh you big mad now because I delivered a positive message? You don’t like the post move on. What is truly idiotic is the number of whiners the last 2 years has created. Toughen up buttercup.

Robbieac likes this.
  13. nobody

nobody Well-Known Member

8,494 Messages
    14,981 Likes Received
    If you stop misreporting facts under the lie that that you were merely reporting your experience, sure.

"Covid is BS. A mild flu at its worst." were your exact words. That's a blanket statement, not just reporting your experience.

DoctorChicken likes this.
  14. Whyjerry

11,822 Messages
    18,843 Likes Received
    Look at you go. Listen honey it’s not March 2020. Now go eat a Snickers and calm down.

Robbieac likes this.
  15. nobody

nobody Well-Known Member

8,494 Messages
    14,981 Likes Received
    Speaking of whiners, you whine that I replied stating that if I don't like it, I could move on. You're capable of the same. So your display of hypocrisy is funny. Have a nice life!

16. Whyjerry

11,822 Messages
    18,843 Likes Received
    You’ll be ok. Can’t stay scared forever.

Robbieac likes this.
  17. nobody

nobody Well-Known Member

8,494 Messages
    14,981 Likes Received
    I'm not scared. I had it. It was like the flu for me. It wasn't too bad. But I know people who had it much worse. It's called looking at the evidence and not basing my entire view on it from one case.

VaqueroTD likes this.
  18. Xelda

Xelda Well-Known Member

4,822 Messages
    16,745 Likes Received
    Covid has killed people on both sides of my family. I have no immune system so when I got it, it was bad. I ended up in critical condition last January and spent 18 days in the hospital. The only people I saw were nurses, nurses aides, doctors and people responsible for the oxygen machines. I did see a family holding up a get well sign with some balloons for another patient with Covid.

19. RJ_MacReady

CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
    3,727 Messages
    6,761 Likes Received
    I’m sorry to here that, Xelda. That sounds horrible. Bad being in a hospital bed for that long but even worse without any real human interaction. That’s the one, real time in your life that having a positive spirit or coach in your ear is most needed to help get you through. I’m glad you’ve recovered.

nobody and Xelda like this.
  20. Xelda

Xelda Well-Known Member

4,822 Messages
    16,745 Likes Received
    Thank you, RJ.

nobody likes this.