After further review a week later, Refs stole game from Cowboys vs Packers once again

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Now Greg that's not nice saying I'm trolling you I enjoyed debating with you cuz you're relentless .
Plus I knew you would do some good research on the whole thing.

I kind of expected something better than the sporting news but it's a start.

See what else you can find and get

Come on buddy dig up some facts that'll put me in that grave.
Yep , just trolling . Not worth the time .

Blackrain

Reaction score
Sounds like you are misconstrued over what your definition could mean. Or just more trolling.

Manipulating results for entertainment maximizing revenue would be Fake Football.
By all means if calling it fake football makes you happy I'm happy fake football it is.

Or we could take a poll and see what the rest of the forum members think we should call it

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I know I'd get you fired up on this You're ready for a whole research project on the officiating of the NFL now aren't you.

Nice but you got to figure the sporting news is being paid off by the league to print some good stuff about the officiating.

Wow hard to believe the league says they're right on 98% of their calls.

Geez like what do we expect the league to say oh they're only right about half the time

Heck I think we went through 12 pages and nobody could agree on if they were right or wrong.
They might be right in 98% of their calls. It's the non-calls they're lacking in.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
They might be right in 98% of their calls. It's the non-calls they're lacking in.
I think some fans expect it to be perfect. It’s just never going to happen with human element.

And I’d argue it isn’t meant to be perfect. 98.9 % looks about as close to perfect as we can expect.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Yes, evidence that the officials are corruptive in an organized or individual effort to manipulate games in the NFL.
How about the fact that they had more than enough time with us taking a time out before the kick
To review CDs catch and they let the guy kick a 60-yd field goal then decided they needed to review it and made him have to kick it again.

Just an opinion here but that screams they didn't want any more points on the board before they went in at the half.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
How about the fact that they had more than enough time with us taking a time out before the kick
To review CDs catch and they let the guy kick a 60-yd field goal then decided they needed to review it and made him have to kick it again.

Just an opinion here but that screams they didn't want any more points on the board before they went in at the half.
More unsubstantiated BS Conspiracy Theory and Corrupted Officials opinion reeking sour grapes. Next…

Blackrain

Reaction score
How about they let Jalen Smith jump in with a flying elbow into the side of our center and called nothing

It was so bad The announcer asked if Smith had lost his mind no penalty nothing

Blackrain

Reaction score
All right guys I'm out for a little bit I got to go work on my unsubstantiated conspiracy theory eat some sour grapes and dig my grave a little deeper.

But if nobody minds I'm going to eat dinner first.

Greg's a hoot you got to love him

ESisback

Reaction score
I know I'd get you fired up on this You're ready for a whole research project on the officiating of the NFL now aren't you.

Nice but you got to figure the sporting news is being paid off by the league to print some good stuff about the officiating.

Wow hard to believe the league says they're right on 98% of their calls.

Geez like what do we expect the league to say oh they're only right about half the time

Heck I think we went through 12 pages and nobody could agree on if they were right or wrong.

You want to get him fired up, tell him Jerry isn’t 100% responsible for every bad thing and 0% responsible for every good thing…

IceBowler

Reaction score
Except it happens all of the time when playing the Packers. Care for me to mention the games and years in the past 10 years, or is that still considered a losing game in your book? Some people simply can't handle the obvious.

Only team I can EVER remember not having one single holding call against their OL for FOURTEEN CONSECUTIVE QUARTERS.
That isn't even remotely possible in a fairly called, agenda-less game.

I've lived long enough and officiated at the NCAA D-1 level for too long to buy that crock.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You want to get him fired up, tell him Jerry isn’t 100% responsible for every bad thing and 0% responsible for every good thing…
Wrong again. I just provided him credit in Bobs GM thread. He’s trying to give Will all of the credit.

If we have success again Jethro will be due some credit.

Last edited:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Only team I can EVER remember not having one single holding call against their OL for FOURTEEN CONSECUTIVE QUARTERS.

I've lived long enough and officiated at the NCAA D-1 level for too long to buy that crock.
Thank you for your years of work as a NCAA D-1 level official, and thank you for your honest opinion. You are absolutely correct. Your opinion holds more water than most due to your professional experience. Sadly, you will get some who will doubt and question your opinion and/or experience.

McCarthyMustGo

Reaction score
The NFL makes more money when there are interesting storylines. They wanted to keep the Packers alive in what is probably Aaron Rodgers last season there.
Exactly. NFL has become Pro Wrestling in many regards. Cowboys Drama sells best, and point spreads and betting are all that really matter.

IceBowler

Reaction score
Thank you for your years of work as a NCAA D-1 level official, and thank you for your honest opinion. You are absolutely correct. Your opinion holds more water than most due to your professional experience. Sadly, you will get some who will doubt and question your opinion and/or experience.

Thanks! It was a labor of love for sure but, I saw things relative to politics, media markets and, conference shenanigans that finally caused me to walk. Anyone who believes the college game (at the D1 level is any less "suspect" than the pros), is a believer in the Easter Bunny.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

It’s just like Martin. How do you explain only his what 7th or 8th holding call on him in his career? We actually believe he’s so great he only holds one play a year?

Greater athletes receive more benefit of the call. Just like in all sports. Perhaps that’s manipulating . It’s a judgement call . But officials might be swayed the only way to stop a great receiver is interfering. Just like the only way to stop a great defender is holding.

The greater athletes seem to always get the call. I think it’s a normal assumption.