After further review a week later, Refs stole game from Cowboys vs Packers once again

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Except it happens all of the time when playing the Packers. Care for me to mention the games and years in the past 10 years, or is that still considered a losing game in your book? Some people simply can't handle the obvious.

Well guess what: go look at the box scores of the last dozen years worth of Packer Cowboy games.

The Packers actually had 9 more penalties called on them over those meetings than the Cowboys did.

But......the refs......

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I don’t see these Conspiracy Theorists crediting bad calls when we win.
No ****. Because it doesn’t happen.

Or… You tell me a game we won where a very obviously bad or unique call happened that was a very big part of why we won.
If you even think to say when Anthony Hichens had his face mask pulled then punch yourself in the nuts.

Also, are you able to separate bad calls from conflation with a conspiracy theory? Do you feel it’s possible that humans can be biased in their decision making?

One team has experienced:
Catch rule and subsequent changing of the rule to suit the ruling.
Long stretches of no holding on the offense when we had the league sack leader in DLaw
Illegal huddle
False start on long snapper to lose game
Delay of game on defensive lineman for moving.
Two tripping penalties on all pro center

No other team or no other 10 teams even experienced these calls individually let along all of them.

Conspiracy is a loaded term many use to deflect. It’s quite possible there is a bias. Something like subconsciously- “I’m not giving the most popular (and most hated) team any breaks”

Maybe, maybe not. I’m just looking at the facts and I know other fans don’t have these facts as evidence. I look at everything with an open mind. Not a “they are beyond reproach and are my heroes” attitude.

Last edited:

Hadenough

Reaction score
While Connor McGovern’s play as a whole has been solid this season, the guard is not far removed from a brutal holding call against the Green Bay Packers in Week 10.

After surrendering a 28-14 lead in the second half, Dallas had the ball in overtime and a chance to still win. Pollard received a handoff and busted through the center of the line for a big gain, but the play was brought back for a holding call on McGovern.

The play stalled the drive, which was followed by Green Bay eventually winning the game 31-28. McGovern is convinced it wasn’t a hold even after watching the play afterward.

“Once I felt the back go past me, I let go. I didn’t grab anything,” McGovern said. “The ref said I tried to restrict him, tried to tackle him. Watching it on the replay, watching it on the iPad, I still don’t see it.”

Clear as day, the officials screwed the Cowboys over the Packers once again.

I remember that play and was scratching my head thinking I just don't know what's a penalty and what isn't anymore. Things have become so complicated that it has given the refs full control of these games and what pisses me off is instant replay can't be used on a lot of these plays.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Or… You tell me a game we won where a very obviously bad or unique call happened that was a very big part of why we won.
If you even think to say when Anthony Hichens had his face mask pulled then punch yourself in the nuts.

Also, are you able to separate bad calls from conflation with a conspiracy theory? Do you feel it’s possible that humans can be biased in their decision making?

Long stretches of no holding on the offense when we had the league sack leader in DLaw
Illegal huddle

No other team or no other 10 teams even experienced these calls individually let along all of them.

Conspiracy is a loaded term many use to deflect. It’s quite possible there is a bias. Something like subconsciously- “I’m not giving the most popular (and most hated) team any breaks”

Maybe, maybe not. I’m just looking at the facts and I know other fans don’t have these facts as evidence. I look at everything with an open mind. Not a “they are beyond reproach and are my heroes” attitude.
Bam!!!
:hammer::hammer:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Well guess what: go look at the box scores of the last dozen years worth of Packer Cowboy games.

The Packers actually had 9 more penalties called on them over those meetings than the Cowboys did.

But......the refs......
Funny how you add the past 12 years. Did you have to go that far to see the Packers ultimately get flagged barely more than the Cowboys? I didn't even bother to check, so I will take your biased word for it.

How about since 2016 during this Dak and Zeke era that has affected this team the past 7 years against the Packers? Why don't you put those results down? I already did my homework. Even took screenshots. It definitely blows your point out of the water since it's blatantly clear Aaron Rodgers and the Packers have been getting helped by the officials BADLY!

Want me to post those screenshots so I can make you look silly, or are you and your pals going to take my word the way I took yours for stretching your argument by having to go 12 years way back to find a result to fit your narrative, even though what happened 10-12 years ago has nothing to do with how the officiating has affected today's Dak/Zeke led Cowboys the past 7 years.

I'll wait for your response and see if you truly want to be embarrassed or not. You decide.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:rolleyes:

When the first excuse doesn't work, move the goal posts. This thread is hilarious.
Well of COURSE the TIMING of penalites has ZERO effect on anything.

Case of abusing stats. No context on your number of penalties, and ridicule for those that want to deeper dive on it.

sandbridge77

Reaction score
Good thing the Packers and Cowboys aren’t in the same division, some of you would go completely out of your minds instead of partially.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

Illegal huddle

IMO the bias falls onto the fans looking for scapegoats with the team or player. Can bad calls cost a team .. certainly.

I get the frustrations . Some of these poor calls are awful. But I’ve never felt it was an organized effort by the league to impact the results nor individual vendettas against certain teams or players.

And until there is any evidence of such I’ll continue shooting it down . And if it is I’ll lead the march against Fake Football!!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
IMO the bias falls onto the fans looking for scapegoats with the team or player. Can bad calls cost a team .. certainly.

I get the frustrations . Some of these poor calls are awful. But I’ve never felt it was an organized effort by the league to impact the results nor individual vendettas against certain teams or players.

And until there is any evidence of such I’ll continue shooting it down . And if it is I’ll lead the march against Fake Football!!
Greg, you just had a fellow poster (who said he was a NCAA Div 1 official for many years) admit the game at the college level was very much run based on agendas, politics, media markets and conference shenanigans, etc, yet you continue to stubbornly dig in and refuse to believe there is some bias officiating at the NFL level. I guess you do believe in the Easter Bunny after all?
:muttley:

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

No. I don’t thing there’s an organized league effort either. I’m really not sure how else to say it so you or others can understand. It’s like a mental barrier I can’t breach. I guess I will accept that you can’t understand what I’m saying.

Sydla

Reaction score

Illegal huddle

Little discussed play in that Detroit game. On our winning TD drive, we had a fourth down that we converted. We clearly held Suh and it should have been a penalty. The league actually came out a few days later and admitted that the refs missed the clear hold.

To suggest we haven't benefitted from officials calls, even in key situations, is just erroneous. I don't have a scorecard to show who has benefitted more, us or our opponents. I will leave that up to you. But the reality is over the years we have been the beneficiaries of some really bad calls.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Little discussed play in that Detroit game. On our winning TD drive, we had a fourth down that we converted. We clearly held Suh and it should have been a penalty. The league actually came out a few days later and admitted that the refs missed the clear hold.

To suggest we haven't benefitted from officials calls, even in key situations, is just erroneous. I don't have a scorecard to show who has benefitted more, us or our opponents. I will leave that up to you. But the reality is over the years we have been the beneficiaries of some really bad calls.
A missed hold? Are you being serious?

Meet me in the game thread Sunday and I’ll give real time examples of how that’s the most missed call in the sport.

Was that the year we went 10 and 3 games with zero holds?

Sydla

Reaction score
A missed hold? Are you being serious?

Meet me in the game thread Sunday and I’ll give real time examples of how that’s the most missed call in the sport.

Was that the year we went 10 and 3 games with zero holds?

You asked about a key call in our favor. You mentioned the Hitchens thing so I think it's only fair to note we got a big benefit on our game winning TD drive in that same game. On 4th and 6, we converted but Suh was held. It should have been 4th and 16. The league came out and admitted it was a botched call at a key point in the game.

Should I be surprised by your response? Likely not.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Greg, you just had a fellow poster (who said he was a NCAA Div 1 official for many years) admit the game at the college level was very much run based on agendas, politics, media markets and conference shenanigans, etc, yet you continue to stubbornly dig in and refuse to believe there is some bias officiating at the NFL level. I guess you do believe in the Easter Bunny after all?
:muttley:
I agree. The league is run on many of those agendas but that doesn’t translate to organized corrupt officiating .

MarcusRock

Reaction score
You asked about a key call in our favor. You mentioned the Hitchens thing so I think it's only fair to note we got a big benefit on our game winning TD drive in that same game. On 4th and 6, we converted but Suh was held. It should have been 4th and 16. The league came out and admitted it was a botched call at a key point in the game.

Should I be surprised by your response? Likely not.

Well that doesn't fit the "we are victims" agenda so of course it means absolutely nothing. What's this "fair" stuff you speak of? Lol.