After Our Defense Looked like Wet Toilet Paper

Verdammung

Reaction score
So is your game plan to not only demand our first round pick back from the Raiders, but to make them give us #4 overall?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
The three positions after the RAM's game with my chooses of potential draft picks
TD

Ed Oliver
Rashan Gary
Christian Wilkins
Jeffery Simmons

FS

Deionte Thompson
Nasir Adderley
Taylor Rapp
Chauncey Gardner-Johnson

TE

T.J. Hockenson
Noah Fant
Irv Smith Jr.
Kaden Smith
For most of the season our defense was good. It was not the talent that let us down it was the coaching that refused to change in the playoffs and just do what we typically do. This is a Kris Richard trait that we will have to deal with as long as he is here.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
For most of the season our defense was good. It was not the talent that let us down it was the coaching that refused to change in the playoffs and just do what we typically do. This is a Kris Richard trait that we will have to deal with as long as he is here.

I really like Richard but he was to blame for that debacle.

The Rams threw the Cowboys defenders for a loop before the ball was even snapped.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I’m all about beefing up the D, but most of the dudes you listed won’t even be available at the bottom of the 1st let alone 2nd.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I really like Richard but he was to blame for that debacle.

The Rams threw the Cowboys defenders for a loop before the ball was even snapped.
They knew what were doing. We changed nothing. They simply looked at what the Colts did and duplicated it.

Fredbeard

Reaction score
Is Kris the new scapegoat for marinelli's incompetence?

You're right. Kris was also responsible for the defensive collapse in the cowboys loss to the packers in the 2016 divisional round playoff game...........
oh wait

Last edited:

ItzKelz

Reaction score
Is Kris the new scapegoat for marinelli's incompetence?

You're right. Kris was also responsible for the defensive collapse in the cowboys loss to the packers in the 2016 divisional round playoff game...........
oh wait
We are running Kris's scheme. Blitzing ect. That is all Kris. Love the guy but we have to live with it when he sticks to it regardless of how the game is going. #TruthHurts

Fredbeard

Reaction score
We are running Kris's scheme. Blitzing ect. That is all Kris. Love the guy but we have to live with it when he sticks to it regardless of how the game is going. #TruthHurts[/QUOTE
I think stasheroo already argued with you over who was to blame between Kris and rod .
Let me reiterate the points he made .
1. The rams were able to anticipate the stunts the cowboys dline were going to run and acted accordingly.
2. The cowboys are devoid of adequate talent at defensive tackle
Rod coaches the d line so responsibility for both of those points falls on him. Typical rm apologist

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
So is your game plan to not only demand our first round pick back from the Raiders, but to make them give us #4 overall?
Actually his game plan involves our pick and choosing of 12 players, of which, maybe two or three are actually might stand a chance of being available at 58.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I think Richards didn't give much input into the defense gameplan because of the interviews that week.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I think Richards didn't give much input into the defense gameplan because of the interviews that week.
Kris Richard took full blame after the game for what happened in the Rams game. I mean yea.....

But lets say you dont believe Kris. We had complete seasons were the Cowboys had the worst blitzing percentage in the entire NFL under Rod. Kris came off the bus blitzing as soon as the season started. There are other technical things but just that alone should tell even the most naive fan that Rod was not putting together THAT game plan. Any Cowboys fan that says we looked the same defensively on how we approached the game prior to Kris arriving is joking.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Kris Richard took full blame after the game for what happened in the Rams game. I mean yea.....

But lets say you dont believe Kris. We had complete seasons were the Cowboys had the worst blitzing percentage in the entire NFL under Rod. Kris came off the bus blitzing as soon as the season started. There are other technical things but just that alone should tell even the most naive fan that Rod was not putting together THAT game plan. Any Cowboys fan that says we looked the same defensively on how we approached the game prior to Kris arriving is joking.
I never said the defense was the same with Rod as it was with Richards. I'm saying Richards didn't have complete control over the defense this season and thats something i hope changes this next season

ItzKelz

Reaction score
I never said the defense was the same with Rod as it was with Richards. I'm saying Richards didn't have complete control over the defense this season and thats something i hope changes this next season
If he calling the plays and we are completely running his scheme and his philosophy defensively then how is that not complete control? This is not rocket science.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
If he calling the plays and we are completely running his scheme and his philosophy defensively then how is that not complete control? This is not rocket science.
He wasn't doing it every game and you could tell by how three defense played because Rod and Richards don't have the same defense. They both even said the same thing in the season, it's not rocket science

ItzKelz

Reaction score
He wasn't doing it every game and you could tell by how three defense played because Rod and Richards don't have the same defense. They both even said the same thing in the season, it's not rocket science
Yes he was from day one. We only ran Richards scheme which is the scheme that Rod said himself when he first took over as DC that he wanted us to most resemble...the Seahawks.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Yes he was from day one. We only ran Richards scheme which is the scheme that Rod said himself when he first took over as DC that he wanted us to most resemble...the Seahawks.
No he wasn't. Rod and Richards said themselves they weren't calling every game. But go ahead and make up some fantasy instead of the words that came out their mouths.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
No he wasn't. Rod and Richards said themselves they weren't calling every game. But go ahead and make up some fantasy instead of the words that came out their mouths.
Kris made all of the calls during the game with input here and there from Rod. That is from Rod himself.