After the third day, I feel like Meh

RandyOh

Reaction score
I feel it was a positive. I think we got better in the long run. Parsons and Joseph are likely day 1 starters and Cox will most likely be used heavily in the rotation by the latter part of the season. The other corners and the dlinemen gonna need development but all 3 of them have great traits to work with. The Olinemen are good too even though one is gonna be very hard to be a fan of.

CWR

Reaction score
Anybody else feel that this draft was a letdown?

Parsons I like. But that was a 4th priority.

By jove! I bet the Jones clan kept the sports analysts scrambling to find out who these unknowns are in rounds 2-6.

Cowboys, up to round 6, get an overall draft grade of C.

I find your analysis to be a let down.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

By jove! I bet the Jones clan kept the sports analysts scrambling to find out who these unknowns are in rounds 2-6.

Decent draft, but could have been all world. They blew it.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
right compare yourself to sharing Midol with my 73 yr old mom..yup thats for sure what you sound like Karen..

thumb_take-2-midol-and-come-back-later-memegenerator-net-take-2-52532498.png

73!!!

There will be no more of that!
She told me she had had a hard life and looked older! (raising you and your daddy and all)
Grrrr!

Last edited:

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
You have a bannable face, maybe? I dunno.

Certainly insulting people’s mothers should be against the rules. And I’m sure the women members here just love the midol comments.

Sexist and misog.... that long word that means to demean women.
Take it back @blueblood70 !!!!

Attica! Attica!

Last edited:

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

I've used "meh" a few times this weekend here. Seems like we had a *ton* of ammo to fill lots of needs, and while Joseph and Osa are kinda interesting, I'm not confident about either.

DuncanIso

Reaction score

Agree.

We passed on a lot of talent.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You are being kind...only reason this is even "Decent" is because they drafted Parsons. You'd be going ape-pooh all over the board had they not. LOL!! You gotta admit
Yep........and after watching the press conference today they knew they blew it too.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Freakin' terrible... worst I've seen in a long time.

Jerry is gone man. He is gone. He is shaking all over, shaking in his speech. He can hardly get a thought out. How can you possibly have a draft with that guy and make quick decisions in 8 minutes? And we see EXACTLY why they cant react quickly and trade up. How is that possible? Its like a big family sitting in a room arguing about what they should do. Jerry simply cant get the thoughts out quick enough to get people on the phone and trade up.

Then at one point McClay indicates that they talk about it and Jerry makes the final decision who they take? Wow....................Cant believe Jerry is still actually the one that picks the players. Way too many chiefs making decisions. Its no wonder there is no set philosophy. Every guy there is trying to influence Jerry in his own way what they want instead a TEAM philosophy being followed.

You can tell they all get embarrassed listening to Jerry answer questions.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
Think one of the issues is last year draft followed along perfectly with needs and draft grades. Also believe it was a lot more talented. I’m not a draft except and usually just follow the consensus of the personalities on tv/internet, but after the 2nd round it was hard to identify targets. Last year it was much easier (Robinson, Biadasz, Anae) really couldn’t do that after the 2nd round this year. I do wish we valued Safety a little more. My hope for a trade up was Holland or Grant (After learning about Moehrigs back) in the 2nd, then targeting a corner next. This would of wiped out all 3 3rd rounders but they might of been available in the 4th.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Jerry is gone man. He is gone. He is shaking all over, shaking in his speech. He can hardly get a thought out. How can you possibly have a draft with that guy and make quick decisions in 8 minutes? And we see EXACTLY why they cant react quickly and trade up. How is that possible? Its like a big family sitting in a room arguing about what they should do. Jerry simply cant get the thoughts out quick enough to get people on the phone and trade up.

Then at one point McClay indicates that they talk about it and Jerry makes the final decision who they take? Wow....................Cant believe Jerry is still actually the one that picks the players. Way too many chiefs making decisions. Its no wonder there is no set philosophy. Every guy there is trying to influence Jerry in his own way what they want instead a TEAM philosophy being followed.

You can tell they all get embarrassed listening to Jerry answer questions.
Yep. It's sad. Very sad.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Yep. It's sad. Very sad.

So so sad. And these are the worst years. The last 5-10 years where he turns nuts or cant think straight and is still trying to hold onto his power and be the man.

And Stephen? He isnt going to be any better. Watching this draft and then the press conference was about as sad as it gets.

Last edited:

Kwyn

Reaction score
Not at all. They got some players that will really help. They also got a lot of players that will push the bottom level underperforming and under developing players off the roster.

For example, if the WR picked shows something, does that mean Gallup could be traded?

Another example is the DL depth from last year. They better be ready to step up because if not their replacement is coming.

Parsons is SOLID. Day 2... https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-draft-day-2-quick-snap-grades-for-all-32-teams

Day 1: A+
Day 2: A-

I’m right there with you on the strategy. I’m not ready to give out A grades until we get to see these guys on the field and the roster shakes out, but I like what they did.

My god, they went defense bigtime, to an extent that none of us could have ever truly expected.

good stuff

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
The draft is always a crap shoot... At least they addressed positions of need.

Remains to be seen whether or not they will develop, but I will say, I'm really tired of these guys with character issues... especially any kind of abuse towards another person/animal...

Cognitive dissonance