After watching the game for the 3rd time

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Yes. Cut them to make way for more camp bodies.

I can see the argument for not burning a spot on the 53 for Johnson but others like Gardener you really want to give a fair shot.

Perhaps I should have clarified that statement with the following: ...and have been on the roster for more than two years.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Perhaps I should have clarified that statement with the following: ...and have been on the roster for more than two years.

The golden nugget left behind by Bill Parcells...three years and either proven or gone.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
The golden nugget left behind by Bill Parcells...three years and either proven or gone.

Johnson is on year 3. Unless he starts practicing soon he is likely gone at the first cutdown.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Johnson is on year 3. Unless he starts practicing soon he is likely gone at the first cutdown.

No argument here...and he has to have a lingering physical abnormality, as I don't think he is mentally soft.

DFWJC

Reaction score
No argument here...and he has to have a lingering physical abnormality, as I don't think he is mentally soft.

I agree. Definitely not mentally soft but maybe a football career just isn't in the cards for him due his ongoing soft tissue failures.

It's a shame, b/c I think he actually could be a playmaker.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I mean I like Football just as much as the next guy, but I think 3 games is a little overkill ... And it's not even the regular season! C'Mon Man!

i watched it live and happened to see it both times theyve replayed it on NFLN. I guess call it a overkill if you want.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I'm not certain that I understand your point. They can't cut everybody that gets injured. Dunbar was not injured.

They have been cutting several players immediately after they get injured. CB Phillips, the RB Malena, some UFDA OG, etc..

They've already invested to keep Johnson on IR twice. They might as well give him until the end of camp to see what happens; although, if they determine that his injury is going to keep him about for all of the preseason, then it would be time to move on.

I think we got to see what's available on the street at this time of year with the CB #41. There are high school kids that could have played better.

It's a 90 man roster. Those spots are so valuable that they keep and extra long snapper.

You dont need to understand my point. And thats not being disrespectful. Its just something thats been frustrating me about this team. I doubt theres a bigger Gardner fan then me on this board, but im tired of guys just being injured for long periods of time, and the team being stuck with nothing. I dont understand the teams philosophy in that reguard.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I suppose they could go out and get a bunch of off the couch players to take their place.

Selvie was a couch player. Couch players or not atleast they'd have players who were healthy and able to give them something instead of nothing

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Selvie was a couch player. Couch players or not atleast they'd have players who were healthy and able to give them something instead of nothing

There's cap considerations for a lot of those players, Spencer, Melton, etc.