Agents Take: Cowboys options for Dak

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What is Jerry supposed to say with no QB lined up? He doesn’t want him? Dak still has a year to play out and with the change in OC, it’s probably clear Jerry isn’t going to extend Dak without the new OC working with him for a year. Jerry in the same interview praised Linehan.

Jerry hasn’t hurt himself in any way and Dak isn’t in any real position to demand anything.
One sentence you say Jerry doesn't have a QB lined up and the next you say Dak isn't in any real position to demand anything........that contradicts each other.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I think they could lowball Dak with a Bortles type contract . 3 years 50 million. 15 million signing bonus. And he takes it.

And realistically that’s about all he’s worth at this time. If he lights it up next couple years then you pay him.

khiladi

Reaction score
One sentence you say Jerry doesn't have a QB lined up and the next you say Dak isn't in any real position to demand anything........that contradicts each other.

Of course it makes sense in the context that Dak has another year on his contract. With Dak bring the starter for next year, he’s not going to say he feels Dak isn’t the starter.

Dak is in no position to demand anything, because Jerry has a whole year to look at the situation. And Dak gets endorsements just being the QB of the Dallas Cowboys.

khiladi

Reaction score
you realize mahomes has had one good year....just like Dak did his freshman year

Yeah I’m sure Mahomes throwing 50 TDS and over 5000 yards all over the place against great defenses was anything like Checkdown Charlie’s ‘freshman year’...

If Mahomes had that year as QB of the Dallas Cowboys, you’d see him on commercials all day nationally. Dak’s endorsement potential is built on the facts he’s QB of the DC, plain and simple. Zeke was third in total jersey sales himself as RB of DC. Romo and Witten traditionally topped sales of jerseys as DC.

DStar22

Reaction score
Dak has the same agent as Aaron Donald and Joey Bosa. Let that sink in. If he does not get paid he will holdout. Dak is going to make north of 30 million a year. He is not taking a home town discount. Cowboys Zone is going to explode.

if he demands that much money , let him hold out

Reaction score
What is Jerry supposed to say with no QB lined up? He doesn’t want him? Dak still has a year to play out and with the change in OC, it’s probably clear Jerry isn’t going to extend Dak without the new OC working with him for a year. Jerry in the same interview praised Linehan.

Jerry hasn’t hurt himself in any way and Dak isn’t in any real position to demand anything.
What's Jerry supposed to say?

How about nothing. "We don't negotiate contracts in public".

Instead, Jerry talks about how Dak is his QB long term and he is going to get paid.

He does himself or his team no favors. Dak's agent is probably drooling as he is collecting all of Jerry's quotes to throw back at him to maximize his money.

I know that's the agent's job. But Jerry doesn't have to make it easy for him

PUSHfold

Reaction score
You guys are insane...it's insane TO ME how some of you would rather let him walk and go through a whole bunch of Weedens again for 5+ years. You guys are so unappreciative, we drafted a 4th round QB who actually turned out to be pretty good and it's nonstop complaining. It would have been so much better to mortgage the next few years and go get a Wentz right? Oh wait...

khiladi

Reaction score
What's Jerry supposed to say?

How about nothing. "We don't negotiate contracts in public".

Instead, Jerry talks about how Dak is his QB long term and he is going to get paid.

He does himself or his team no favors. Dak's agent is probably drooling as he is collecting all of Jerry's quotes to throw back at him to maximize his money.

I know that's the agent's job. But Jerry doesn't have to make it easy for him

He can throw the quotes back at Jerry all he wants, but Jerry is the leagues best negotiator which is why the owners sent him to LA.

Jerry saying he has faith in his QB isn’t grounds for Dak throwing it in his face. Jerry also just said Linehan did a good job and Linehan just got canned.

JustChip

Reaction score
Garopolo really screwed up the qb market......him and Kirk Cousins....just screwed it all up.

They didn't screw it, the San Fran and Minnesota front offices did. Neither of those guys forced those front offices to give them that money.

DStar22

Reaction score
You guys are insane...it's insane TO ME how some of you would rather let him walk and go through a whole bunch of Weedens again for 5+ years. You guys are so unappreciative, we drafted a 4th round QB who actually turned out to be pretty good and it's nonstop complaining. It would have been so much better to mortgage the next few years and go get a Wentz right? Oh wait...

I'm not insane, I don't believe Dak is the answer to our superbowl drought, so no I don't want to pay him unless he comes at a BIG discount and proves he's ready.

what seems strange to me is that some of you think he , on a downward spiral since his freshman year thus far, is going to win us anything

Flamma

Reaction score
I would be very pleased if they could sign Dak for 20mil/year. That would be a very reasonable deal and with the ever increasing cap limit, allow the cowboys to have enough cap room to maintain a talented team around him.

But, the only way they get Dak for 20 mil a year is if he takes a discount. He would get more than that on the open market from a QB desperate team.

How many QB desperate teams are there? Around 4-5? And it's debatable if they're all desperate. Several of them will be picking high in this upcoming draft. I realize it only takes one, but how many teams are left that would be willing to break the bank for Dak?

baltcowboy

Reaction score
Around 24 in real money
I also think there will be an out built in by year 3
Almost all these QB contracts have had outs and it’s a smart move to protect yourself
He will get a nice big chunk of cash and I think he knows and seen how talent around him helps
Really? He hired a big time agent. Who's most prominent football clients both held out. Kirk Cousins contract is the starting point for his agent. This is his payday.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’ll take whatever we offer cause no one else is going to pay it.
:hammer: heck he will do it for "Free" as the endorsement $$$$ are in the millions...I mean Dak knows better than us how much above his talent base this most prized position is for him....

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You ask me how old I am and your sig has Lae'l Collins having Dak Prescott wrapped from behind....and you ask me how old I am lol?

That's a photo of Dak in his "Panic Sack" mode.......1st QB ever to be sacked by his own off-lineman...