Agree or Disagree?Everson Walls was best CB in Dallas ever

juck

Reaction score
I think he was.The man picked off more balls than should be legal.Deion was great too but not Walls.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Not even close. We have a HOF CB and Herb Adderley played for awhile. That's in two seconds of thought.

FCBarca

Reaction score
I think this is ludicrous as a question...Walls, people seem to forget, wasn't a great cover corner...He got burned a lot but did have a knack for the INT...Not sure how anyone could ever make a legitimate argument that Deion wasn't the best cover corner ever for Dallas, even in the short time he was here.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
juckie;2305829 said:
I think he was.The man picked off more balls than should be legal.Deion was great too but not Walls.

Deion was the best in Cowboys history.
And the best in NFL history.

Walls is pee-wee league in comparison. And unlike Deion, Walls never caught passes, either.

QT

Reaction score
Walls was a good corner, but everytime you watch the replay of "The Catch"....

Also, I tend to remember one of his last games here. Troy got knocked out and threw a long TD to James Dixon. I thought we won the game thus we played prevent. Next thing you know the Cardinals win the game on a long throw. I was soo pisseed.... I was also cursing at Walls....

That was the play that Jimmy and Everson got into a heated arguement over. Still to this day....

Jimmy then let Everson go.... but to the eventual superbowl champs (Giants).

Mansta54

Reaction score
I luv Walls, he's a TRUE COWBOY but PRIME was the best without a doubt..

Hailmary

Reaction score
juckie;2305829 said:

Deion didn't have the highest int numbers because they didn't throw in his direction. He literally took away half the field.

He may not be considered the best Cowboy CB because a lot of people will look at him as a hired gun.

QT

Reaction score
Actually, I prefer Kevin Smith over Walls. The Kevin Smith before the achilles.

Nav22

Reaction score
If you have an intense hatred for Deion Sanders and you allow that to cloud your better judgment, then absolutely... Everson Walls was #1!

If you're unbiased, it's not even close. Prime Time was a freak.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
I'll never forgive Walls. He looked lost while Dwight Clark was reaching up to catch that pass known as "The Catch". That play washes away all the good things he did before.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
juckie;2305829 said:

Walls was great, Deion was super. Deion forced teams to play on one side of the field and once Deion had the ball the guy was as dangerous as any CB I have seen

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2305923 said:
I'll never forgive Walls. He looked lost while Dwight Clark was reaching up to catch that pass known as "The Catch". That play washes away all the good things he did before.

That's absurd. How long is a DB supposed to cover a guy? Walls was still with his man after Montana's drop back, scramble roll out, desperation heave toward the end line that required a fingertip catch by Clark...and it's all on Walls. :rolleyes: You know, the rookie that in that game had 7 tackles, three deflected passes, two interceptions, and a fumble recovery?

Sure.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
1. Deon Sanders
1a. Mel Renfro
2. Kevin Smith (when he was healthy...before Deon)
3. Everson Walls
4. Herb Adderly (the Dallas years)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jackrussell;2305951 said:
That's absurd. How long is a DB supposed to cover a guy? Walls was still with his man after Montana's drop back, scramble roll out, desperation heave toward the end line that required a fingertip catch by Clark...and it's all on Walls. :rolleyes: You know, the rookie that in that game had 7 tackles, three deflected passes, two interceptions, and a fumble recovery?

Sure.

I agree and face it, it took a great leaping play by Clark to come down with that pass.

kmd24

Reaction score
Walls was my favorite player when I was a kid, but he's not the best Cowboy CB ever.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2305923 said:
I might be wrong, but I don't think that Clark was Everson's man, I think he got away from Ron Fellows.