Aikman chimes in on Daks calf injury

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
Not too sure about the great offense line comment. We run block with the best of them, but pass blocking is a concern. I guess Troy hasn't seen very many Cowboy games but Dak has had to move around in the pocket a lot on passing plays. Williams and Biadasz are very good run blockers but they get beat way too much on passing plays for me to be confident that Dak won't have to move much on that calf. .

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Not too sure about the great offense line comment. We run block with the best of them, but pass blocking is a concern. I guess Troy hasn't seen very many Cowboy games but Dak has had to move around in the pocket a lot on passing plays. Williams and Biadasz are very good run blockers but they get beat way too much on passing plays for me to be confident that Dak won't have to move much on that calf. .
Luckily Minnesota’s defense isn’t that good.

conner01

Reaction score
No QB gets to just sit in the pocket all game
Dak has had pretty solid protection in most games
8 sacks on 216 attempts
Most QB around the league would love our pass blocking
Half of his sacks was in one game

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
No QB gets to just sit in the pocket all game
Dak has had pretty solid protection in most games
8 sacks on 216 attempts
Most QB around the league would love our pass blocking
Half of his sacks was in one game

Dak breaking the pocket was crucial to our win last week.

They had everything covered at times and Dak bought time until guys were wide open.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
He always chimes in when it comes to something he's been involved with. He never chimes in for Dallas when he does any of their games w/Buck. At least Romo is still a homer! :rolleyes:

CWR

Reaction score
Dak breaking the pocket was crucial to our win last week.

They had everything covered at times and Dak bought time until guys were wide open.

True and he's very good on the move. Hopefully he doesn't need to be extraordinary vs Minny.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
No offense, but this is the stuff that bothers me about this site. Do you see the numbers? Dak is sacked , tied for 4th fewest per game in the entire league at 1.5. Please dont tell me its because Dak is so mobile. Against the best D line in football, Dak threw the ball what, 58 times? He was sacked ONCE. So yea, our pass blocking is not OK, it is damn good.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
He always chimes in when it comes to something he's been involved with. He never chimes in for Dallas when he does any of their games w/Buck. At least Romo is still a homer! :rolleyes:
deep down he is a homer. BUt he tries so hard to never, ever show it. So much so, IMO, he goes overboard going against Dallas

willia451

Reaction score
Reminds me of when JJ said we don't need a good offensive line because we have a mobile QB (Romo).

Folks like TA and JJ just need to shut up. They had their time. And that time is long gone.

Stop trying to relive it.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Reminds me of when JJ said we don't need a good offensive line because we have a mobile QB (Romo).

Folks like TA and JJ just need to shut up. They had their time. And that time is long gone.

Stop trying to relive it.
WTH are you talking about? Aikman is an analyst and is paid millions to speak up on EXACTLY these topics. JJ is owner and GM of the team, he speaks on ALL topics Cowboys.

TheMightyVanHalen

Reaction score
No offense, but this is the stuff that bothers me about this site. Do you see the numbers? Dak is sacked , tied for 4th fewest per game in the entire league at 1.5. Please dont tell me its because Dak is so mobile. Against the best D line in football, Dak threw the ball what, 58 times? He was sacked ONCE. So yea, our pass blocking is not OK, it is damn good.

I’m told around here that stats don’t mean anything. I watch the game so I know Dak has been pressured a lot. Just because Dak hasn’t been sacked that much doesn’t mean he hasn’t been pressured.

Flamma

Reaction score
I’m told around here that stats don’t mean anything. I watch the game so I know Dak has been pressured a lot. Just because Dak hasn’t been sacked that much doesn’t mean he hasn’t been pressured.

I agree. He is pressured and throwing under duress quite often. The fact he hasn't been making poor decisions as a result is a very good sign.