Aikman was average: regular season - 141 int's to 165 td's

JBond

Reaction score
Oh, really? Is that why Dak has led the league in tight window throws TWICE in the past 4 years? Also, what do you call this (Dak's last full season playing)???

Screenshot-20200519-212940-Opera.jpg

Deep down, you know you are wrong. Dead wrong.

PS: Show me Troy's best passing season stats, and let's compare apples to apples. I'll wait...

:popcorn:
Calm down AC. We have chatted long enough to know each other. You are comparing apples and oranges. Different times. You watched the hits Aikman took. You watched him lead a ship without a rudder. With today's flag football rules, Aikman would dominate the league (Mahomes is in a different stratosphere) . Try to be objective.

I like Dak. Second jersey I ever purchased. Actually two of them. One for me and one for my son.

Skill sets are different. That is all.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Calm down AC. We have chatted long enough to know each other. You are comparing apples and oranges. Different times. You watched the hits Aikman took. You watched him lead a ship without a rudder. With today's flag football rules, Aikman would dominate the league (Mahomes is in a different stratosphere) . Try to be objective.

I like Dak. Second jersey I ever purchased. Actually two of them. One for me and one for my son.

Skill sets are different. That is all.
:grin::clap::thumbup:

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Wrong.

Aikman played his first 5 seasons on a team (offense & defense, + special teams) loaded with the best talent money could buy.

Once the salary cap came into effect, it was over for Aikman and the 90s Super Bowl winning Cowboys.

FACTS.

Uhm Aikman had 4 playoff appearances in the last 5 seasons of his career compared to Dak's 3 in his first 5 seasons. I'd take the 1996 Aikman over Dak. You guys are putting down Cowboys legends just to prop your guy up. Dak ain't a cowboy's legend.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Do you really love Dak so much you are willing to trash a 3 time super bowl champion? For fuggs sake.....

It's Ironic, the guys who always post stats in a quest to get people to love Dak, are making people dislike him by putting down Aikman and saying Dak is better.

crashintonickdm

Reaction score
When it mattered aikman was money

that nfc title game against favre with Charles Haley out was aikman at his best.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I hear you, but the Dak haters are constantly bashing Dak and labeling him a QB who can not carry a team. Clearly, Aikman proved that 1996 season he could not carry the team either, yet that is not held against him. A double standard exists around here.

But not only did aikman do more in his first 5 years compared to dak's first 5 years, he also did more in his last 5 years versus dak in playoff appearances.

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
Imagine Aikman in today's passing league? That would be fun.

Imagine Aikman on a west coast offense in the 90's even. His stats suffered because dallas was about the run. If aikman was on the 49ers of that era he'd have higher passing stats. Both Aikman and Irvin sacraficed their stats which raised Smith's. The 90's cowboys was power football, running out the clock, and for awhile Aikman only had Irvin as a decent receiver and they still produced despite double coverage. Imagine if Dak only had Cooper and there was no real number 2

ottawacowpoke

Reaction score
Imagine Aikman on a west coast offense in the 90's even. His stats suffered because dallas was about the run. If aikman was on the 49ers of that era he'd have higher passing stats. Both Aikman and Irvin sacraficed their stats which raised Smith's. The 90's cowboys was power football, running out the clock, and for awhile Aikman only had Irvin as a decent receiver and they still produced despite double coverage. Imagine if Dak only had Cooper and there was no real number 2

it’s amazing how alleged Cowboys fans don’t know this. Comparing Dak to Aikman is asinine and blasphemous. Embarrassing.

Havic

Reaction score
Aikman was a system QB, and I dont mean that as a negative. We were clearly a run first team and Aikman did his job well.

Thomas82

Reaction score
He never put up the numbers he was truly capable of. Because of Emmitt he didn't have to.