Twitter: AJ Brown is an Eagle

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Cooper has been better than aj brown every year.

brown is hype.

61 catches per season, 998 yards and $25m per year and a 1 draft pick.

I’m not paying 25m for 61 catches. Our TE did better than that and I’m not even sure he’s that good.

Cooper has empty stats, and has played on a pass happy team every year of his career. Yet he has 46 TDs in seven years.

AJ Brown has 24 in 2.5 years on a run-run-run team. Cooper is not his comp. Dez or another true redzone threat is more applicable.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Cooper has been better than aj brown every year.

brown is hype.

61 catches per season, 998 yards and $25m per year and a 1 draft pick.

I’m not paying 25m for 61 catches. Our TE did better than that and I’m not even sure he’s that good.
I can’t say AJ Brown is hype and in the next sentence say Cooper isn’t who destroys bad teams but MiA against the good ones.

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
What New England has done doesn’t work for everyone. It’s not going work for them anymore without Tom Brady. Ryan Tannehill is a mid tier QB who just lost one of his top weapons. No guarantees the receiver they drafted pans out. They moved on from a proven player to an unproven one. As for the Cowboys they traded away Amari Cooper for practically nothing. That certainly didn’t make them a better team.
It's a conundrum for sure. Is the player worth more to the team or is the money worth more to the team. A case can be made for both sides. If said player starts having injuries then he's not worth it. Plus you can get two prob caliber offensive linemen for a total of 25 million a year. So it's a question of how do you want to build your team?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
It's a conundrum for sure. Is the player worth more to the team or is the money worth more to the team. A case can be made for both sides. If said player starts having injuries then he's not worth it. Plus you can get two prob caliber offensive linemen for a total of 25 million a year. So it's a question of how do you want to build your team?

I wouldn’t be trading away my top receiver when I have a mid tier QB who folded in the playoffs. Tennessee will be making a move for a QB in the next year or two.

superonyx

Reaction score
Cooper has empty stats, and has played on a pass happy team every year of his career. Yet he has 46 TDs in seven years.

AJ Brown has 24 in 2.5 years on a run-run-run team. Cooper is not his comp. Dez or another true redzone threat is more applicable.
Sounds like you are cherry picking the only stat category you can find that AJ is better and using that only. Catches and yards move the chains that lead to points.

AJ Brown is good. But averaging 61 catches and 998 yards per season isnt worth $25m per season and a 1st round pick.

The eagles suck at drafting so I get why they did it. But i can’t pretend they just traded for D Hopkins.

If we gave that up and paid that for that level of production we would tear Jerry down. So lets not praise the eagles for it.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Sounds like you are cherry picking the only stat category you can find that AJ is better and using that only. Catches and yards move the chains that lead to points.

AJ Brown is good. But averaging 61 catches and 998 yards per season isnt worth $25m per season and a 1st round pick.

The eagles suck at drafting so I get why they did it. But i can’t pretend they just traded for D Hopkins.

If we gave that up and paid that for that level of production we would tear Jerry down. So lets not praise the eagles for it.

In today's WR market, Deandre Hopkins goes for 32m$. He signed for more than AJ did TWO YEARS ago. Not sure what your comparing there, it shows AJ was paid lower than Deandre.

Plus you're averaging in an injured season. By that logic, Dak has been below average the last two years because hes only averaging 3100 yards a year. But no one would do it like that because it's both removing vital context, as well as "cherry picking". TD's absolutely are an important stat for a WR. You say they're there to move the chains, I saw its not called a Yards Board.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
We also traded Carson Wentz for a 1st and a 3rd. We basically swapped Wentz for AJ

superonyx

Reaction score
In today's WR market, Deandre Hopkins goes for 32m$. He signed for more than AJ did TWO YEARS ago. Not sure what your comparing there, it shows AJ was paid lower than Deandre.

Plus you're averaging in an injured season. By that logic, Dak has been below average the last two years because hes only averaging 3100 yards a year. But no one would do it like that because it's both removing vital context, as well as "cherry picking". TD's absolutely are an important stat for a WR. You say they're there to move the chains, I saw its not called a Yards Board.
He’s had 52, 72, and 63 catches. His best year was 1000 yards.
Take his best year and multiple that over his career and he isn’t worth 25m per season.
72 catches and 1000 yards doesn’t equal 25m

look at the receivers who get that money and compare the stats.

Schultz had more catches last year and 8 TDs for gods sake.

Brown is overhyped. He is an above average receiver making superstar money. That’s it.

Proof

Reaction score
Yeah the more I see…the more I’m starting to think they could’ve got more for Cooper…..granted, he’s not good as Brown, Hill or Adams….but he has to be better than a 5th.

amari cooper is not as good as aj brown? lol

guessing not better than hollywood either?

Proof

Reaction score

lol he’s missed 6 games in 3 seasons, relax. and amari had 3 more tds than him in 2 more games last year. you’ll say anything

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
He’s had 52, 72, and 63 catches. His best year was 1000 yards.
Take his best year and multiple that over his career and he isn’t worth 25m per season.
72 catches and 1000 yards doesn’t equal 25m

look at the receivers who get that money and compare the stats.

Schultz had more catches last year and 8 TDs for gods sake.

Brown is overhyped. He is an above average receiver making superstar money. That’s it.
But but but but it's due to the titans beign a run first team....**** (smack)....

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
lol he’s missed 6 games in 3 seasons, relax. and amari had 3 more tds than him in 2 more games last year. you’ll say anything

And in the previous year in 12 starts, AJ had 3 more TDs than Cooper has EVER had in any of his 7 pro seasons. I will say anything, you will say anything, everyone will say anything to fit whatever agenda they have.

Proof

Reaction score
And in the previous year in 12 starts, AJ had 3 more TDs than Cooper has EVER had in any of his 7 pro seasons. I will say anything, you will say anything, everyone will say anything to fit whatever agenda they have.

i don’t have an agenda. cooper isn’t here anymore. but in our most recent samplings, cooper had more tds. just is what it is.