Twitter: AJ Brown is an Eagle

Flamma

Reaction score
WRs are cap eaters. I am sure Brown will be productive, but I don't see the offensive identity of the Eagles as a passing team with Hurts at QB. That could well turn out to be a wasted asset.

The Packers, with the premier passing game, didn't even want to pay a top 3 producer in the league at the position I hope the Cowboys stay young at the position and resist paying $25M/Yr. to a ball catcher.

Agreed. Here's the problem. The Eagles GM isn't shy. If they end up somewhere in the middle of next year's draft, they will use their two 1st round picks, and if need be, their first rounder the following year to trade up for a QB. We just have to hope they miss on that QB. Building a good roster isn't their issue. Carson Wentz looked like Jow Montana until his injury. Nick Foles, a career average QB didn't skip a beat when taking his place.

lqmac1

Reaction score
I can’t call it man…..only reason he doesn’t have more posts is because Cowboys been whooping their *** the past few years lol….but I’ll give him credit…he at least doesn’t hide his allegiance. Some of them pretend to be Cowboys fans.
Bro that’s wild to me. I don’t even go on other teams websites, let alone message boards. I got **** to do lol

lqmac1

Reaction score
Howie drafted Nick Foles in the 3rd round of the 2012 draft and look at how that turned out. At least they won a SB since the salary cap came into being. We draft better QBs, and where did it get us?
How did it turn out? He went on a run, but has been a career back up who eventually fizzled out. That Super Bowl was all on Doug Pederson. When you lose your starting quarterback and remain at the same level, you kind of know what the hell you’re doing.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
It wouldn't have affected their cap this year. I think they just wanted the first round pick.

Could be; AJ said he didn’t ask to be traded, never wanted to be traded, but Tennessee wouldnt even offer him 20m$ a year. Tennessee decided to trade him when his agent told them they were nuts to think AJ would sign that

Ken

Reaction score
The Eagles, imo, overpaid for a guy they could have just drafted. Treylon Burkes, the guy the Titans drafted with the Eagles pick, is almost a clone of AJ Brown. Now the Titans have him, at a reduced cost, and another 3rd round pick.

This was a shrewd move by the titans for a guy I don't think they think is worth the money. While I initially liked the move for the Eagles, upon further review, watching AJ's 2021 highlights....reminds me a lot of Cooper's last year. Just not seeing the explosion.

I believe this move is a byproduct of the Eagles having no confidence in their ability to draft WRs. The list of strikeouts on that position for them is long.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I don't think every team is on board with paying WRs 25M a year. Because they could have paid him, he still has one year left on his rookie deal. The cap hit for 2022 is very small. I think they traded him now so they could get the 1st rounder.

Next to QB, WR is becoming the highest paid position. Tannehill is a mid tier QB and needs weapons. He’s not that good and Tennessee will be looking to replace him in the next year or two. They just drafted a QB. Moving on from Brown isn’t going to help Tannehill unless the WR they drafted to replace him turns in the something. They moved on from a proven player to an unproven player.

Flamma

Reaction score
Next to QB, WR is becoming the highest paid position. Tannehill is a mid tier QB and needs weapons. He’s not that good and Tennessee will be looking to replace him in the next year or two. They just drafted a QB. Moving on from Brown isn’t going to help Tannehill unless the WR they drafted to replace him turns in the something. They moved on from a proven player to an unproven player.

I agree. But good WRs are often found in later rounds much more often than QBs. Quarterbacks are signed for the future. Paying WRs 25M a year is wanting to win now.

Flamma

Reaction score
Could be; AJ said he didn’t ask to be traded, never wanted to be traded, but Tennessee wouldnt even offer him 20m$ a year. Tennessee decided to trade him when his agent told them they were nuts to think AJ would sign that

The Titans offense is primarily Henry. Do they need to pay AJ 20 or 25M? I'm not so sure.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I agree. But good WRs are often found in later rounds much more often than QBs. Quarterbacks are signed for the future. Paying WRs 25M a year is wanting to win now.

I don’t believe in moving on from a proven WR when you have only an above average QB. Tannehill is what’s holding Tennessee back in my opinion. Moving on from Brown isn’t going to make him a better QB unless the rookie receiver they drafted turns out as good or better. Anytime you move on from a proven player to a rookie you’re taking a big risk.

Flamma

Reaction score
I don’t believe in moving on from a proven WR when you have only an above average QB. Tannehill is what’s holding Tennessee back in my opinion. Moving on from Brown isn’t going to make him a better QB unless the rookie receiver they drafted turns out as good or better. Anytime you move on from a proven player to a rookie you’re taking a big risk.

They're not sticking with him. Tannehill will be there 1 more year tops, then gone. So they got what they could for AJ and are putting all of their eggs in the Willis basket. Is AJ worth 25M a year with all of these other WRs coming out? Especially when you're a run heavy offense?

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
They're not sticking with him. Tannehill will be there 1 more year tops, then gone. So they got what they could for AJ and are putting all of their eggs in the Willis basket. Is AJ worth 25M a year with all of these other WRs coming out? Especially when you're a run heavy offense?

It’s a risky move for Tennessee because they have a real good team that’s close. Hard to win just running the ball in the playoffs it eventually comes down to your QB and their weapons. None of these WR’s coming out are guaranteed to be great players. Some will pan out and some won’t. One team that’s going to have a real problem is Cincinnati having to pay Joe Burrow and Chase. One can only imagine the kind of money both those players are going to command.

Jimbo123

Reaction score
Its a waste. And paying him 25 million per year and giving up a first to do that is laughable. All these big WR trades the new teams are going to regret.

Hill will not be the same with Tua throwing to him and as you said, Philly still has Hurts.
It's kinda like Dak before Cooper. A BUM

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It's kinda like Dak before Cooper. A BUM

Not when he won rookie of the year.

Dak is a lesson in QB play. QB's need weapons and Oline play. Dak's play has gone up and down directly related to both of those.

Cowboys went 7-1 down the stretch that year once Cooper came in. This isnt just Dak. Its all QB's.

Flamma

Reaction score
It’s a risky move for Tennessee because they have a real good team that’s close. Hard to win just running the ball in the playoffs it eventually comes down to your QB and their weapons. None of these WR’s coming out are guaranteed to be great players. Some will pan out and some won’t. One team that’s going to have a real problem is Cincinnati having to pay Joe Burrow and Chase. One can only imagine the kind of money both those players are going to command.

You've seen the Titans play, right? I agree with you, but if they have Henry on the roster, they'll try to win running the ball in the playoffs.

The Bengals duo will be costly, and I can't see them not paying Chase if their connection remains in tact over the next two years. But the Bengals have ample time to prepare for this. The truly big cap hits won't show up until 2025 and 2026. The GM has to know this.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You've seen the Titans play, right? I agree with you, but if they have Henry on the roster, they'll try to win running the ball in the playoffs.

The Bengals duo will be costly, and I can't see them not paying Chase if their connection remains in tact over the next two years. But the Bengals have ample time to prepare for this. The truly big cap hits won't show up until 2025 and 2026. The GM has to know this.

I’ve seen the Titans play plenty of times and it hasn’t worked with Derrick Henry in the playoffs. In his last three playoff games he hasn’t rushed for more than 69 yards and averaged under 4.0 a carry. He was held a 62 yards against Cincinnati this past season in the playoffs barely averaging 3.0 a carry. The game came down to Tannehill and he folded. In the postseason it’s ultimately going to come down to your QB.

Flamma

Reaction score
I’ve seen the Titans play plenty of times and it hasn’t worked with Derrick Henry in the playoffs. In his last three playoff games he hasn’t rushed for more than 69 yards and averaged under 4.0 a carry. He was held a 62 yards against Cincinnati this past season in the playoffs barely averaging 3.0 a carry. The game came down to Tannehill and he folded. In the postseason it’s ultimately going to come down to your QB.

I agree. Yes, he folded. But just go back to the 2019 playoffs. They beat the Patriots and Ravens with Henry rushing for almost 200 yards in each game. Tannehill threw for under 100 yards in each game. It's what they do. I don't think they're going to a SB doing that either. But they came close. They'll need a much better D to pull that off.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I agree. Yes, he folded. But just go back to the 2019 playoffs. They beat the Patriots and Ravens with Henry rushing for almost 200 yards in each game. Tannehill threw for under 100 yards in each game. It's what they do. I don't think they're going to a SB doing that either. But they came close. They'll need a much better D to pull that off.

Like I said it ultimately comes down to your QB in the playoffs and when it came down to Tannehill in 2019 against KC in the conference title game he didn’t get it done. Henry was shut down in that game for under 70 yards. You can’t keep winning in the playoffs with a QB that’s throwing for 100 yards unless you have an all time great defense. Derrick Henry is getting some mileage on him and missed some games last season with an injury. His best seasons are probably behind him. Tennessee will never get over the hump banging Derrick Henry every week with a game manager at QB.