Video: Akoye breakdown of Colts Cowboys

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I can understand impressionable if you're young but otherwise I don't get it. Nobody is just going to smooth talk me with no consistent proven track record but Dak gets folks. I guess folks are more easily manipulated by sounds good talk than I realized esp by athletes and people they want to like. Can't blame Dak for others but his avg and sounds good smooth words don't fool me at all.

Most important thing I've learned - I'm not everybody. The way that I react is not how most people react. I distrust confident talk without evidence, and distrust it *even more* if the guy acts like his confidence should convince me. That reeks of conman to me.

But conmen do that because it works on lots of people.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is the master of fooling people with sounds good talk. Even people on here be on that he's a leader bs talk. Ain't no "leader" of mine a cat that's isn't as good at whatever thing we are doing. Where they do that at? People better trust but verify instead of being so quick to fall for words. That's how you end up in the Ponzi scheme just listening to sounds good talk.

He will do anything to keep fans liking him......and I mean anything....sorry I have lost a very close loved one to the Cancer but this guy ...well you be the judge...
This was posted yesterday on his twitter account....the man will use anything and I mean anything to keep this job which is soooo over his talent abilities....

Philmonroe

Reaction score
Most important thing I've learned - I'm not everybody. The way that I react is not how most people react. I distrust confident talk without evidence, and distrust it *even more* if the guy acts like his confidence should convince me. That reeks of conman to me.

But conmen do that because it works on lots of people.
This is something I learned also but its also weird to see folks falling for base level stuff you think should be common. I can't complain though many people not knowing basic (at least to me) things has worked very well for me in life. Its like I want folks to be better but in a way them not at times benefits me. On this since I haven't found a way to profit off of it yet I want folks to be wise to the okey doke. Like many of people have said before sometimes you just have to let people be.

Philmonroe

Reaction score
He will do anything to keep fans liking him......and I mean anything....sorry I have lost a very close loved one to the Cancer but this guy ...well you be the judge...
This was posted yesterday on his twitter account....the man will use anything and I mean anything to keep this job which is soooo over his talent abilities....

I'm not hard on this stuff because even if he is laying it on thick to some its for a good cause that I don't think he's trying to get over on folks. When it comes to football talk though I don't trust a bleeping thing he says because its all sounds good talk that rarely translates on the field.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
I won’t be surprised at all if Cole Beasley bounces this year. It must be frustrating with this scrub at QB.

Which is funny because Beasley was a scrub before Dak arrived. It was Dak that even made him relevant in this league. When he bounces it will be because he's low on the priority of people we want to keep and play.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score

Stop the bullying or you'll make Connor Williiams cry.

Coy

Reaction score
Watch this one.

Darren Woodson going off on how much a scrub Dak really is and asking how on earth they can justify this guy in respect to Romo. Darren Woodson says the day Romo came, he was the best QB period on the roster.

You can tell that the management has no basis for why and spewing forth nonsense, such as “intangibles” and “leadership” to try and justify their decision to continue playing Dak. They have ‘faith’ and Dak has ‘it’. What a joke.. This management makes up these excuses when they used to pray for the day Romo would return from injury to bail them out once again.

Who on this offense has actually played with Romo for this claim to be taken seriously? Gallup, Cooper, Hurns, Elliott, Jarwin for them to talk about ‘trust’...

This has Garrett written all over it, he chose Dak instead of Romo, he’ll live or die with him.

khiladi

Reaction score
But why do you think that is? I mean I am perfectly fine with them moving on from Dak, IF, and I definitely mean IF they actually invest in the position with a real prospect.

I don’t want any dumpster diving.

And I don’t want them signing diamond in the rough guys like they did post Aikman, until they GOT VERY LUCKY to find Romo.

If they move on from Dak they need to use a first, or second round pick and get a QB with legit talent.

I think it’s like @Coy said. It was a Garrett political move, riding on the 13-3 year. Garrett lost his control over the offense a couple years back and was being relegated to a walk-around HC.

Reactions: Coy

khiladi

Reaction score
Which is funny because Beasley was a scrub before Dak arrived. It was Dak that even made him relevant in this league. When he bounces it will be because he's low on the priority of people we want to keep and play.

Thate cute and all, but Beasley was a slot receiver before Dak arrived. He was never a number 1 WR.

This only became some idiotic idea, because of Dak’s first year, but when teams took Beasley away, Dak like normal couldn’t read outside his first progression. If Beasley wasn’t a priority to this management, they would have never tried to make him more of a slot WR after his second year with Dak.

Dallas was forced to go get Cooper because Dak blew chunks and this “Dak friendly” offense was a scam.

Conveniently, Dak homers blame WRs for not getting open when Dak scrubs, but he makes WRs when they perform.. when it was Dez, the excuse for you guys was that Dak forces the ball to Dez when other WRs are open. But yeah, Dak makes these guys..

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
Thate cute and all, but Beasley was a slot receiver before Dak arrived. He was never a number 1 WR.

This only became some idiotic idea, because of Dak’s first year, but when teams took Beasley away, Dak like normal couldn’t read outside his first progression. If Beasley wasn’t a priority to this management, they would have never tried to make him more of a slot WR after his second year with Dak.

Dallas was forced to go get Cooper because Dak blew chunks and this “Dak friendly” offense was a scam.

Conveniently, Dak homers blame WRs for not getting open when Dak scrubs, but he makes WRs when they perform.. when it was Dez, the excuse for you guys was that Dak forces the ball to Dez when other WRs are open. But yeah, Dak makes these guys..
Beasley was an afterthought before Dak arrived, lower on the pecking order than even TWill. He was only a priority in this offense because Dak made him relevant. I never have said he was a #1 WR ever, he's a slot WR with limited ability to play outside, so peddle that somewhere else. He's a good second or third option, but not worth nearly what he thinks he is.

khiladi

Reaction score
Beasley was an afterthought before Dak arrived, lower on the pecking order than even TWill. He was only a priority in this offense because Dak made him relevant. I never have said he was a #1 WR ever, he's a slot WR with limited ability to play outside, so peddle that somewhere else. He's a good second or third option, but not worth nearly what he thinks he is.

No, Beasley was a very good slot WR with a 11 YPC average in his third year and was always recognized for what he was, and then Dak homers used him as an excuse for Dak’s ineptness after he didn’t catch over 100 receptions the second year with Dak, because they clearly don’t understand football.. So yeah, he was lower in the pecking order of TWill and was still doing his job well, because TWill was the second WR. And Dak also made him look like a bum.

So for you to sit there and act like Dak made Beasley is foolish. Beasley’s year was an anomaly and Dak can’t make him do anything these last two years.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
The fans who can’t even give Dak his due for the things he does really well are so annoying it makes me almost want the team to give Dak a big extension this offseason. Almost.

What does he do "really well" in your opinion? The only thing he was "really good" at was protecting the fokt all and he's been terrible at that this year.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
No, Beasley was a very good slot WR with a 11 YPC average in his third year and was always recognized for what he was, and then Dak homers used him as an excuse for Dak’s ineptness after he didn’t catch over 100 receptions the second year with Dak, because they clearly don’t understand football.. So yeah, he was lower in the pecking order of TWill and was still doing his job well, because TWill was the second WR. And Dak also made him look like a bum.

So for you to sit there and act like Dak made Beasley is foolish. Beasley’s year was an anomaly and Dak can’t make him do anything these last two years.

More like Beasley's one good year was a fluke, he never had that kind of production before or since. With Romo he was the 4th option behind, Dez Witt and TWill, so yeah it took Dak's arrival to make Beasley relevant. Beasley is what he is, he's a good third option with a limited ceiling.

khiladi

Reaction score
More like Beasley's one good year was a fluke, he never had that kind of production before or since. With Romo he was the 4th option behind, Dez Witt and TWill, so yeah it took Dak's arrival to make Beasley relevant. Beasley is what he is, he's a good third option with a limited ceiling.

So basically you are now saying he was a slot receiver doing what he does well and Dak never made this guy relevant as a number 1 and that year which you claim Dak made him relevant was a fluke, meaning your claim Dak made him relevant is a fluke..

Thank you..

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
So basically you are now saying he was a slot receiver doing what he does well and Dak never made this guy relevant as a number 1 and that year which you claim Dak made him relevant was a fluke, meaning your claim Dak made him relevant is a fluke..

Thank you..
I don't get where you keep thinking I made him a #1 WR? He never had that kind of ability, it was only because of Dak that he had the one good year he had, but that doesn't mean he was ever going to be a #1 WR. It was only because of Dak that anybody might have even considered him more than what he was.

khiladi

Reaction score
I don't get where you keep thinking I made him a #1 WR? He never had that kind of ability, it was only because of Dak that he had the one good year he had, but that doesn't mean he was ever going to be a #1 WR. It was only because of Dak that anybody might have even considered him more than what he was.

Because your original claim was Dak made Beasley, which is idiotic. Beasley was NEVER thought of as a number 1 WR, except by Dak homers. It’s this management that put him outside the hashes to make the offense more “Dak friendly” after his first year, but then they had to scramble and get Cooper mid-way through the season. It’s Cole that was blamed by Dak homers for not ‘getting open’ as Dak continued to throw turds all over the place to all his WRs, not just Beasley.

If what you are now claiming is a fluke year for Beasley, then it was clearly a fluke year for Dak, because Dak isn’t doing jack squat with Beasley as the number 2 WR and prior to that, his favorite target.

It’s not very hard to comprehend. You are just trying to absolve Dak from not being able to hit Beasley when he’s wide open.

Cole can be making a lot more money as a slot WR and a major impact player on an offense, particularly with how the slot position is received in today’s league of his QB wasn’t garbage.

HungryLion

Reaction score

Pappy, the hate is irrational man.

It’s perfeclty fine to think Dak sucks as a QB.

But taking his charity work he does off the field to raise money for cancer treatment? Twisting those actions into something negative like he is just trying to keep his job? That’s way off base man. And quite frankly a little sickening that you would falsely accuse him of only doing those kinds of things to keep his job.

The reality is. Dak is a hard worker and Does try to get better. If he is not good enough, it’s really not his fault. Some guys just aren’t good enough.

Many of us could train 24/7 and never even make it into the league, let alone be a stud player.

Nothing wrong with wanting Dak gone as the QB. But criticizing the mans charity work and insinuating he has some kind of alterior motive, simply because he’s not a good enough QB? That’s shameful.