Alabama Safety Xavier McKInney

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Yet theres a solid few in FA. They really need to spend the money and bring one in...and if you're asking me, I dont have a problem if that's Coopers money. I'd rather improve the defense.
No there isn't. There is no difference making safety in fa

DanA

Reaction score
I feel like the missed tackle problem is fixable. You can’t teach his speed/size and it’s hard to teach his coverage instincts.

I think Von Bell is a difference maker.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Anthony Harris can be called that based on what he has done so far, and his best days are ahead of him.

Depends on what you mean by "difference making."

I'm talking about a significant upgrade, you probably mean a top 5 in the league type.

Creeper

Reaction score
I think given the quality of safeties in the draft this year, taking one in the 2nd round will be a better value. There are at least 3 DTs they are good enough to make an impact in this draft and I am sure one will be available in the 1st round when Dallas picks. I hope its Kinlaw, assuming his knees are okay, but I think he will go in the top 15, maybe even the top 10 depending on his medical exams.

cnuball21

Reaction score
I think given the quality of safeties in the draft this year, taking one in the 2nd round will be a better value. There are at least 3 DTs they are good enough to make an impact in this draft and I am sure one will be available in the 1st round when Dallas picks. I hope its Kinlaw, assuming his knees are okay, but I think he will go in the top 15, maybe even the top 10 depending on his medical exams.

Probably here is it's a weak class.

I think there's a very high chance that Delpit, McKinney and Davis are all gone by the time we're on the clock in the 2nd. After those 3 guys, there's a pretty big drop off.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Anthony Harris can be called that based on what he has done so far, and his best days are ahead of him.

Depends on what you mean by "difference making."

I'm talking about a significant upgrade, you probably mean a top 5 in the league type.
No he's not. Good player, but not a difference maker. His INTs - like pretty much every safety - are the product of poor throws. Quick search:

That's the 5 I could find quickly. None of those INTs happen if there's a better throw.

Top-5 in the league would be the significant upgrade - there's no impact otherwise. You don't go from Heath to the 8th-best safety and see any noticeable difference.

fivetwos

Reaction score
No he's not. Good player, but not a difference maker. His INTs - like pretty much every safety - are the product of poor throws. Quick search:

That's the 5 I could find quickly. None of those INTs happen if there's a better throw.

Top-5 in the league would be the significant upgrade - there's no impact otherwise. You don't go from Heath to the 8th-best safety and see any noticeable difference.

Yeah sorry I ain't rolling w Heath and Woods and expecting big things out of this defense.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Yeah sorry I ain't rolling w Heath and Woods and expecting big things out of this defense.
Know what else? Harris CATCHES those "bad throws" instead acting shocked when the ball hits their body....and falls to the ground.

I'm sick of watching that and its time to stop concluding the every S on the market isnt worth the money so we use 6th rounders and UDFAs back there.

Flamma

Reaction score
Probably here is it's a weak class.

I think there's a very high chance that Delpit, McKinney and Davis are all gone by the time we're on the clock in the 2nd. After those 3 guys, there's a pretty big drop off.

As of right now, and going by BPA on the draft board I'm looking at, Davis could be there when we pick in the 2nd. But it's borderline. And like you said, there is a drop off after him. So if a team is looking for a S before us in the 2nd, he's the obvious choice.

Sydla

Reaction score

You overrate Heath continuously. Harris isn't an elite S but he's much better than our two safeties and it's comical you keep thinking there are like only 5-6 safeties on the entire planet that would be significant upgrades on Heath.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
You overrate Heath continuously. Harris isn't an elite S but he's much better than our two safeties and it's comical you keep thinking there are like only 5-6 safeties on the entire planet that would be significant upgrades on Heath.
After the top 5 or so, the next 20 are all basically the same player. They're all interchangeable and Heath is right in that group.

Harris is good. He is better than Heath. He wouldn't change how good the defense is.

dallas72

Reaction score
Alabama Safety Xavier McKinney I've been seeing him mocked to the Cowboys at #17 even by some expert drafts. For those that follow College Football in these same draft it had Delpit the LSU Safety around 21st to 22nd behind the boyz. My question I thought Delpit was rated higher ? anyone know much about the LSU Safety.
Delpit was lost in the National Championship Game....Delpit has tackling issues & never wraps up....maybe as a FS type ..but I prefer a hard hitting SS type..like Adam's or Honey Badger ( who can cover aswell)...but the draft is a gamble noone really knows anytjong... right scheme, coaching all matters...rather get a good DT in FA...and just draft BPA......
D Shelton-DT
B Perriman-WR...was a BEAST when Evan's & Godwin got hurt. 6'3. 4.4 speed only 25 I think
OJ Howard- TE trade a 4th
My off season moves

J-man

Reaction score
Alabama Safety Xavier McKinney I've been seeing him mocked to the Cowboys at #17 even by some expert drafts. For those that follow College Football in these same draft it had Delpit the LSU Safety around 21st to 22nd behind the boyz. My question I thought Delpit was rated higher ? anyone know much about the LSU Safety.

I saw this too, and the same mock had Kinlaw taken after us. I'd punch someone if they passed on him.