News: Albert Breer on Jaylon Smith

Silly

Reaction score
This guy will only get a minimum contract at best from another team...

I always thought Jerry giving smith that big contract was just a message to the other players that Jerry takes care of people. The problem is his team didn't get the message and held out anyway.. lol....

phildadon86

Reaction score
I’ve got zero issues taking Sewell or Parsons if we’re in the Top 5 and can’t find a suitable offer to trade down.

Dane Bruglar is one of the few draftniks whose opinion I put any stock in says Parsons is one of the Top 5 guys he’s evaluated for 2021 and the clear #1 LB prospect.

More on Parsons from Bruglar:

“You wish you had another year of tape to really see his development and see how much better he could get. But even without that, we know Micah Parsons is a big-time athlete with a ton of potential. He’s going to go somewhere in the top 10. His ability to be a ball-hunter, you love it. The vision, the agility — it’s exceptional. The range — exceptional. His reaction to movement is terrific. I really think he can be a cornerstone defender, three-down linebacker for your defense. That’s why he’s viewed as a top-10 pick.”

Would I prefer a quality DT or DE over linebacker? Sure. But who is that prospect?

This defense needs an influx of talent....period.

LB was a slept on need heading into 2020, even more so heading out of it.

I’m still a believer in LVE but his neck/long term health will always be in question.

Jaylon Smith is a complete liability.

Sean Lee will be yet another year older (likely retired).

Are we holding our breath for Luke Gifford aka linebacking Justin Beriault?
Parsons needs to be the pick. If we can couple him with a starting safety and a big hole filler on the DL it makes our defense instantly better

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Book it.....

5e07a8ba0b647.image.jpg
I'm against drafting him simply for that stupid *** mouthpiece

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
This was written about a month ago and Jerry has come out in support of Jaylon since then. He called Jaylon a “cornerstone”.

KeepinTime

Reaction score
Pass on Parsons anywhere in the Top 10 overall picks.

Ohio State's LB Baron Browning looks just as good and can be had early in the 2nd round...if he makes it that far.

Man, that kid is just a bulldozer. Great instincts for the ball and sure tackling. Wouldn’t mind having him on the squad at all.

Sydla

Reaction score
In a normal cap year, I think cutting him would be the right way to go. But in a year where we likely will have a depressed cap ceiling, taking on that dead money seems like a real anchor.

Really bad spot to be in here.

quickccc

Reaction score
I’ve got zero issues taking Sewell or Parsons if we’re in the Top 5 and can’t find a suitable offer to trade down.

Dane Bruglar is one of the few draftniks whose opinion I put any stock in says Parsons is one of the Top 5 guys he’s evaluated for 2021 and the clear #1 LB prospect.

More on Parsons from Bruglar:

You wish you had another year of tape to really see his development and see how much better he could get. But even without that, we know Micah Parsons is a big-time athlete with a ton of potential. He’s going to go somewhere in the top 10. His ability to be a ball-hunter, you love it. The vision, the agility — it’s exceptional. The range — exceptional. His reaction to movement is terrific. I really think he can be a cornerstone defender, three-down linebacker for your defense. That’s why he’s viewed as a top-10 pick.”

i'd love a player comparison for Parson. Devin Bush ? ..Bobby Wagner ?..Anthony Barr..? ….Shaq Thompson ? … Darius Leonard ..?

khiladi

Reaction score
I don’t think the injury has anything to do with Jaylon. The guy athletically looks more than capable. He just doesn’t have the football smarts and seems to be way out of position plenty of time. He can fly to ball if it’s in his direct site. That’s about it.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm far from a Smith apologist, but there's one thing to consider. The rest of the defense. Ultimately it's his job to lose because besides tackle counts, he's been awful.
How much is that from:
LVE being injured
Lee being injured
Inconsistent DTs
Spotty DE's
Lame CBs & Safeties..
Nolan.

I'm not saying he's been what they saw as potential, but he's played better so we know he can play at a higher level than this. Either way, he needs to stop swiping until he and the defense gets their **** together.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Just not gonna a happen. If we have chance for field or Lawrence we are going for it.
I believe this to be true.
Just look around the league and you can see where the true value is in immediate return on investment.
Cardinals
Dolphins
Chargers
Chiefs
Bills
even Bengals with Burrows..
Do you see the pattern here?

blumayne38

Reaction score
I believe this to be true.
Just look around the league and you can see where the true value is in immediate return on investment.
Cardinals
Dolphins
Chargers
Chiefs
Bills
even Bengals with Burrows..
Do you see the pattern here?
Teams on the up it’s sounds like

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Man, that kid is just a bulldozer. Great instincts for the ball and sure tackling. Wouldn’t mind having him on the squad at all.
Right? He sure looks solid and very good. We would be lucky to nab him early in the 2nd round. Don't know if he would make it that far?