1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Aldon Smith makes Greg Hardy look like a choir boy

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Bobhaze, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Javier

Javier Active Member

243 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    Dont like the move, dont like the guy.

And hasnt played a full season since 2012

TheCoolFan and cavemanct like this.
  2. Philmonroe

Philmonroe Well-Known Member

5,476 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    You’re all for second chances unless the person makes a lot of money then they shouldn’t have second chances lol. The logic of some people is amazing.

JoeKing likes this.
  3. JoeKing

JoeKing Diehard Zone Supporter

20,435 Messages
    17,166 Likes Received
    It's not like he killed anyone. Everyone is worthy of redemption. For Aldon, it's been 4 years since he played football. Domestic violence has never been a lifetime ban. We just celebrated 100 years of football and along with that Cleveland RB, Jim Brown, who is a well documented DV abuser. Don't tell me a player can't make a comeback from DV charges when the NFL has made it clear how much it loves Jim Brown. Aldon Smith is clean and sober now and turned his life around according to a report by Jay Glazer of Fox Sports. Dallas is confident his reinstatement will happen so I wish him the best of luck.

Mountaineerfan and cavemanct like this.
  4. Philmonroe

Philmonroe Well-Known Member

5,476 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    Hate to break it to you but most don’t care about this alleged bad optics. Can he play is all that matters to most but I’m sure some will be happy knowing they’ve won the morality competition though.

5. zrinkill

zrinkill Troller of Trolls and apparent Dak slobberer Zone Supporter

39,532 Messages
    12,231 Likes Received
    :laugh: here comes the same "moral high horse" BS that I heard when I did not support Greg Hardy.
    Good thing I could care less what gutter morals people think.

I will just put you on ignore so we do not have to continue this meaningless argument on scumbag ex football players.

6. TwistedL0g1k

TwistedL0g1k Well-Known Member

519 Messages
    672 Likes Received
    Sorry, but April Fools day was yesterday.

7. Bobhaze

Bobhaze Well-Known Member

5,912 Messages
    18,484 Likes Received
    I’m not saying we need choirboys- never said it- never will. I am saying I don’t like guys on the roster with Domestic Violence recently on their rap sheet.

ArtClink likes this.
  8. Bobhaze

5,912 Messages
    18,484 Likes Received
    No it literally isn’t about that. It’s about whether or not we are ok signing players with Domestic Violence on their resume or not. It’s not about Choir boys, it’s not about everyone has to be “good”. It’s about whether or not there are any standards at all for who we sign.

ArtClink likes this.
  9. freemanjc19

freemanjc19 Member

65 Messages
    42 Likes Received
    Please use the word CANCER. I get to see what it does to a person inside and out every day. I know what you meant but a really bad analogy. I really despise it when people try to use it this way.

10. JoeKing

20,435 Messages
    17,166 Likes Received
    Those are accusations, not the facts in the Greg Hardy case. If they were he facts, he would not have been granted to have his record expunged of those charges once his case was finally heard by a jury of his peers which did not happen originally when he was prosecuted by an overzealous female judge that denied him that constitutional right.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  11. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

8,279 Messages
    5,396 Likes Received
    I am completely perplexed by this case. Some of this is recent. I assumed he was clean for few years and decided to give it a go again with football but this guy has been out of control for better part of last 8 years.

Bobhaze likes this.
  12. JoeKing

20,435 Messages
    17,166 Likes Received
    Being clean and sober now and turning his life around makes a difference. Everyone is worthy of redemption. The Cowboys are confident he will get reinstated and so I wish him the best of luck.

13. Bobhaze

5,912 Messages
    18,484 Likes Received
    I’m scratching my head wondering where I said that. Unless you’re just assuming that’s what I meant. I tried to make it clear my problem with all this is the domestic violence he has on his record. If you want to quote me on that and say I’m against signing guys with DV, then fine. That’s accurate. Saying I’m (to quote you exactly) “all for second chances unless the person makes a lot of money then they shouldn’t have second chances”, is inaccurate.

You’re free to disagree with my opinions. Just make sure you’re accurately quoting my opinions.

ArtClink likes this.
  14. JoeKing

20,435 Messages
    17,166 Likes Received
    The most recent charge was only a DUI, not DV. He is clean and sober now.

15. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

8,279 Messages
    5,396 Likes Received
    I think people care more now. The media will run with this if he slips again. 4 mill isn't chump change and Cowboys could have used some of that money to go after current NFL player with less baggage? There are still FA DE out there.

16. CapnB

CapnB Well-Known Member

1,547 Messages
    1,906 Likes Received
    Read earlier this was a McCarthy idea. Het met him in LA where his daughter works out or something along those lines. Anyway McCarthy is the one that ignited the idea.

17. Wood

Wood Well-Known Member

8,279 Messages
    5,396 Likes Received
    Declaring someone clean and sober after 10 months feels short sighted.

Bobhaze likes this.
  18. Batman1980

Batman1980 Well-Known Member

6,164 Messages
    9,103 Likes Received
    Dude is probably in quarantine like the rest of the NFL so it will be hard for him not to stay clean. I don't like the guy and he hasn't played in years. I have the same expectations for him as I do for Gregory.

19. Future

Future Intramural Legend

23,758 Messages
    10,224 Likes Received
    Then change your thread title lol.

20. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

11,863 Messages
    5,567 Likes Received
    The odds are against him anyway, I would be surprised if he makes the roster...I can see him having a HARD time in training camp/preseason, especially since there probably won't be any mini-camps or team workouts for a few months. He is a project...some other camp body/undrafted FA they bring in may end up impressing the team instead

JoeKing likes this.