Aldon Smith makes Greg Hardy look like a choir boy

Dre11

Reaction score
He obviously has stupidity problems as well. However, once you stop drinking your entire life changes. You stop hanging out with morons, stop dating hoes that you want to smack around, and have a more clear view of what's important in your life. 4 years is a long time. Things can change in that time.

Now I cant say how far along he is or if this is just a ruse to get more money. That part remains to be seen.

Obviously the Cowboys are looking for cheap ways to hit a home run. Obviously trying to avoid spending another 15 million on a DE.

this is not totally true, it depends on the person, I know alcoholics that's done the treatments and continue crazy behavior, not to say he will but he could. I don't mind the signing as long as it not the only solution they're planning on

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
this is not totally true, it depends on the person, I know alcoholics that's done the treatments and continue crazy behavior, not to say he will but he could. I don't mind the signing as long as it not the only solution they're planning on

Yes, it doenst mean 100%.

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I completely agree with your point but I keep looking at Cavenaugh's face and just can't make my hand click on the link.
HA! No need. That's why I typed out the numbers. I just put the video there so no one would need to reply: "link?"

ArtClink

Reaction score
First of all, I’m all for everyone in society getting second chances. People suffering from drug and alcohol addictions who make serious attempts to get sober deserve our support. But people with domestic violence problems are different, especially when it comes to putting them on a national stage like the NFL. Domestic Violence perpetrators need help, but they don’t need a roster spot.

Yahoo Sports ran an article last night on Aldon Smith’s incredibly long rap sheet. Below is an excerpt from that article:

Aldon Smith’s mountain of legal issues

Here’s a rundown of the long list of off-field issues Smith has encountered since entering the NFL:
This list makes Greg Hardy look like a choir boy.
As I said in the beginning of this post- second chances are good. But for domestic violence? I want the Cowboys to win as bad as anyone. But not without at least some level of respectability.

Here’s the link to the article I quoted:
https://sports.yahoo.com/aldon-smith-cowboys-sign-domestic-violence-arrests-nfl-012158571.html

Great post Hazey. Greg Hardy got us exactly zero div playoff wins. The NFL is full of domestic violence scumbags like Smith. I wanna win too but not at all costs when it involves signing another felon like Smith. None of these high risks signings ever result in a deep playoff run.

Jerry doesn't offer second chances. Instead he offers tenth or twentieth chances to losers like Hardy and Smith that never make the team better. We are worse off by this signing and IMO this is evidence that McCarthy is the latest in Dallas head coaches with very little power. There's a reason no other team has been interested in Smith and McCarthy wants no part of this signing. Like his predicessors, McCarthy must grin and pretend he is in charge of matters that 31 other NFL head coaches take for granted.

Welcome to the Dallas Jonesboys Mike. We do things different here, winning be damned.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Great post Hazey. Greg Hardy got us exactly zero div playoff wins. The NFL is full of domestic violence scumbags like Smith. I wanna win too but not at all costs when it involves signing another felon like Smith. None of these high risks signings ever result in a deep playoff run.

Jerry doesn't offer second chances. Instead he offers tenth or twentieth chances to losers like Hardy and Smith that never make the team better. We are worse off by this signing and IMO this is evidence that McCarthy is the latest in Dallas head coaches with very little power. There's a reason no other team has been interested in Smith and McCarthy wants no part of this signing. Like his predicessors, McCarthy must grin and pretend he is in charge of matters that 31 other NFL head coaches take for granted.

Welcome to the Dallas Jonesboys Mike. We do things different here, winning be damned.

Is this one of those TO signing that the tuna did not want but the Jones boys did?

ItzKelz

Reaction score
giphy.gif

ItzKelz

Reaction score
And let me add....Greg decided to physically beat up a woman. He didnt do this on Madden he did that crap in real life. Dude was one of the most elite male athletes on the planet that had the ability to move 300 pound OL against their will. In no uncertain terms has Smith ever did anything that is close to this.

aria

Reaction score
What's he done in the last 24 hours? That's all that matters, let him play. I heard next were paying for aaron hernandez to get out of jail so he can start at TE.
Really man, I like and agree with most of your posts but this is one of your worst. Please delete it so we can be “friends” again :)

DandyDon52

Reaction score
And lets be straight this isnt given anyone a 2nd chance. This is Dallas trying to see if they can strike gold.
exactly, they only give former stars or big name players a 2nd chance. No low level players get 2nd chances.
This also shows what the jones boys are like as people, they dont care what they have done, if they think they can get a star
player at a bargain price they will do it.
It is part of their fun, building a team , and getting bargain players.
For years with JG they thought just assemble the talent and they would win, no consideration for coaching aspects.
Jerry has never thought much of coaches, hence his 500 coaches comment way back in 90's.

So at least he changed a little on that and got MM and let him hire his own staff.
But jerry and his boy will still assemble the talent, that is something they enjoy, and they dont have the same morals as many fans lol.
So this doesnt surprise me at all.

Heck Smith hasnt even been reinstated yet.
It doesnt bother me, because the nfl has a lot of dirtbag players, they always have, this stuff used to be swept under the rug,
but now days, it all becomes public knowledge so it seems worse.

My main concern is that there be a full season, I dont really care about this signing, or dak's contract, that is all on the jones boys.
They own the team, not us.
Tyreek hill was a dirtbag, or is, and he still has a job and a SB ring, so no sense getting riled up that smith gets back in nfl.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
charron said:
What's he done in the last 24 hours? That's all that matters, let him play. I heard next were paying for aaron hernandez to get out of jail so he can start at TE.

uh he is dead dude . so he did get out of prison.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
The SFPD had said Smith’s fiancee called 911 Saturday evening, claiming that he “threw her around the room,” bit her on the wrists and drank two bottles of tequila. She told police that he climbed out of a window and fled before officers arrived, and she was said to have suffered “non-life-threatening injuries.”

I have no clue what happened here. For all we know, she threw stuff at him and he responded. We have no clue from this statement. We don't know why he bit her on the wrist. She could have had her hands on him or on his face and he bit them trying to get them off of him. I certainly don't know. Do you? Seriously, this guy is 6'4 260 lbs DE. He would've killed that lady if he'd punched her or something like that.

Hey, I take TRUE domestic violence seriously, it's a very serious problem in this world. But not all cases are the same.
I was in a relationship at 19 with a girl who was 21 and she was violent. Every time I told her that I was done with her, she would attack me, and I mean REALLY REALLY attack me. So I would have to scrape her off of me. Sometimes that would take a while to do. Her claws would be entrenched into my skin,

There were times when I would go play basketball, and all of my friends would be like, "What the hell happened to you bro"? There would be scratches all over my body. The one time I actually snapped, that's the one time it was reported. She lunged at me and grabbed my neck one time, and I grabbed her hand and in one motion pulled them off of my neck and slammed them on the wall and broke it. Now who's at fault there? I certainly don't think I was. Some women can be very tricky, spiteful and evil, especially if they are violent. (NOT ALL WOMEN ARE LIKE THIS BY THE WAY)
Sometimes women start the physical fights, especially young women. When you're young, you think you know life, and yourself but that's far from the truth. Since that woman, I've had nothing but peace in my life with every relationship I was in. I don't even scream at women, and especially don't get physical with them.

The same goes for rape cases. When I was 22, there was a girl that told me she was 21, I later found out she was 16. She could've turned around and reported me just out of spite.

I said all of that to say, not all cases are the same. And obviously the Cowboys felt comfortable enough to sign him, so I'm good with it.
I here ya.
I'm simply not going to stress on it. Either way.
What is my stress going to do?
Lessen my immune system! That's what!
And this is not the time to lessen our immune systems...

ArtClink

Reaction score
Smith struggled with alcoholism....and domestic violence. It’s the second part I have a big problem with. The NFL has stated it has no tolerance of DV. So do they now?

And there's the hypocrisy of Charlotte Jones heading up that sham committee to prevent domestic violence...

ArtClink

Reaction score
You are making yourself the arbiter of who does and does not deserve second chances? Personally, I find your virtue signaling around different types of crimes offensive.

Glad to see how transparent you are with being a proponent of domestic violence. Again, Jerry doesn't offer second chances, he offers twentieth chances. NFL payslip service to bring serious about DV.