Aldon Smith makes Greg Hardy look like a choir boy

ArtClink

Reaction score
And let me add....Greg decided to physically beat up a woman. He didnt do this on Madden he did that crap in real life. Dude was one of the most elite male athletes on the planet that had the ability to move 300 pound OL against their will. In no uncertain terms has Smith ever did anything that is close to this.

domestic violence is domestic violence. I'd rather draft a D lineman but Jerry doesn't like to do that in early rounds.

Wood

Reaction score
Great post Hazey. Greg Hardy got us exactly zero div playoff wins. The NFL is full of domestic violence scumbags like Smith. I wanna win too but not at all costs when it involves signing another felon like Smith. None of these high risks signings ever result in a deep playoff run.

Jerry doesn't offer second chances. Instead he offers tenth or twentieth chances to losers like Hardy and Smith that never make the team better. We are worse off by this signing and IMO this is evidence that McCarthy is the latest in Dallas head coaches with very little power. There's a reason no other team has been interested in Smith and McCarthy wants no part of this signing. Like his predicessors, McCarthy must grin and pretend he is in charge of matters that 31 other NFL head coaches take for granted.

Welcome to the Dallas Jonesboys Mike. We do things different here, winning be damned.

I agree with your premise but we shouldn't call these guys losers. They are on different path right now. In end we are all equal.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It's not like he killed anyone. Everyone is worthy of redemption.

"If he can play football, I don't care."

That would be the honest response, and I'd have a lot more respect for that statement - because it'd be honest.

Cracks me up how fans act altruistic about a guy they wouldn't want anywhere near their daughter, just because he can play football. I saw it with Hardy and here we go again. :muttley:

Just be honest about it.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Glad to see how transparent you are with being a proponent of domestic violence. Again, Jerry doesn't offer second chances, he offers twentieth chances. NFL payslip service to bring serious about DV.
The only thing the NFL is serious about is C.A.S.H. And greed is considered “cool”.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score

That would be the honest response, and I'd have a lot more respect for that statement - because it'd be honest.

Cracks me up how fans act altruistic about a guy they wouldn't want anywhere near their daughter, just because he can play football. I saw it with Hardy and here we go again. :muttley:

Just be honest about it.
Stay away from my daughter, Jake from State Farn. :angry:

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Just be honest about it.
So true....

ArtClink

Reaction score
The only thing the NFL is serious about is C.A.S.H. And greed is considered “cool”.

Calvin Hill's job of trying to temporarily rehabilitate these morons Jerry gives him must really suck.

Agreed, the bottom line coupled with having power over every facet of football operations is the top priority for Jerry. Winning? Eh, not a big priority.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Calvin Hill's job of trying to temporarily rehabilitate these morons Jerry gives him must really suck.

Agreed, the bottom line coupled with having power over every facet of football operations is the top priority for Jerry. Winning? Eh, not a big priority.
Come on Art. Let’s give Jerry a chance. He’s only had 24 years. Where’s your patience?

Crazed Liotta Eyes

Reaction score
Everyone may not agree with me but when someone does something while under the influence of drugs or alcohol I tend to look at it differently than if they did these things while completely sober.

I've done the walk of shame a few times in my life that if sober I would not have done.

Point being the addiction can cause behaviors that the person would not repeat without the mental impairment created by the substances.

I've seen the nicest most caring people turn into monsters while intoxicated.
I have seen the same thing, including in myself. Your honor, I would like to call superonyx as a character witness if it pleases the court.

ArtClink

Reaction score
Come on Art. Let’s give Jerry a chance. He’s only had 24 years. Where’s your patience?

Lol. My prediction for the 2020-2021 campaign? 8-8 with flashes of real "promise", talk of a Super Bowl run in Sept, and McCarthy looking befuddled and exhausted on sidelines as he ponders why he agreed to coach under head coach Jones. After all, Dallas is where head coaches come to kill their hc career.

Maybe this season coach Jones will have the balls to end the charade and don the whistle and stand on the sidelines instead of playing phantom head coaching from his owners box.

lonestar2288

Reaction score
These reclaimation projects have not worked for the Cowboys. Pacman Jones, Greg Hardy, Tank Johnson...no one has lasted long or really made a true impact. Good for Aldon Smith if hes the 1st, but I won't hold my breath on that. Much like Gregory and Irving, he's not even reinstated yet. We'll see, but I'm not expecting much from this

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Greg Hardy beat the stuff out of that girl, was arrested for felony drug possession (cocaine), and had an arsenal of illegal weapons. Smith struggled to stay sober.

Hardy is legit a bad person. Smith struggled with alcoholism. So, no, he doesn't make Hardy look like anything.
Excuses. Nothing but excuses. Alcohol and drugs. No one makes anyone use them. All of it is his fault. Not alcohol.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Regardless if this is a Jerry move or something Mike McCarthy and his defensive coaches are on board with, this is not the move of an organization that seems to have learned much about players with legal issues in reclamation projects.

The odds are almost zero this works out. There’s a reason the Cowboys are one of the few teams making moves like this. The Cowboys - one of two teams where the owner is also the GM. So if this blows up in his face, there’s nothing hanging over JJ for failure.

waldoputty

Reaction score
All I really care about is how he effects our ability the win games

Im more concerned with the 4 year layoff than his rap sheet

i remember that he was supposed to be a really bad guy beyond the domestic violence stuff from bay area sports radio...

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
First of all, I’m all for everyone in society getting second chances. People suffering from drug and alcohol addictions who make serious attempts to get sober deserve our support. But people with domestic violence problems are different, especially when it comes to putting them on a national stage like the NFL. Domestic Violence perpetrators need help, but they don’t need a roster spot.

Yahoo Sports ran an article last night on Aldon Smith’s incredibly long rap sheet. Below is an excerpt from that article:

Aldon Smith’s mountain of legal issues

Here’s a rundown of the long list of off-field issues Smith has encountered since entering the NFL:
This list makes Greg Hardy look like a choir boy.
As I said in the beginning of this post- second chances are good. But for domestic violence? I want the Cowboys to win as bad as anyone. But not without at least some level of respectability.

Here’s the link to the article I quoted:
https://sports.yahoo.com/aldon-smith-cowboys-sign-domestic-violence-arrests-nfl-012158571.html
Thank for the warning.

Now you realize this is clearly Anti-Cowboy propoganda to damage us, right?

I saw not one redeeming note about anything redeemable with him and you took the bait..

hook line and...?

Can you believe for one second that Will Clay and the Family Jones have not taken his folder into the bathroom in order to read this?

I know what a serious fan you are, but cooler heads need to prevail.

I am totally sure McCarthy already has a big fat picture of Smith in his office with scoring rings like a dartboard.

1-2-3-4-5 bullseye.

Smith is gone if he so much as burps in a team meeting.

Frankly..I could care less. I just want to win.

BTW..you know Zeke was a domestic violence offender, he had had a bar fight and broke a guys nose, toured headships in Cali, pulled down girl's tops in public,etc.

You mad at him?

I guessed not. So be careful. Your prejudices are showing just a smiggen.

If the courts say he is done with his debts to society..it needs to end there.

I do not want any drama where none exists yet.

Other than that..I agree with you.

Is that an oxymoron?

PS-BTW love the spacing, bolding, bullets and sentence management you use. Makes it much easier to reread the parts I like.

:omg:

Last edited:

Dre11

Reaction score
And let me add....Greg decided to physically beat up a woman. He didnt do this on Madden he did that crap in real life. Dude was one of the most elite male athletes on the planet that had the ability to move 300 pound OL against their will. In no uncertain terms has Smith ever did anything that is close to this.

not saying he didn't or did do it, but I remember it not being proven, him calling the police, I remember her saying she was going to ruin him, she was coked up and him trying to kick her out his apartment. It's enough there to cast some doubt on what happened, just as it was with Zeke. You never know with some of these incidents.

TheKey

Faster than Felix
Reaction score
Glad to see how transparent you are with being a proponent of domestic violence. Again, Jerry doesn't offer second chances, he offers twentieth chances. NFL payslip service to bring serious about DV.
I won't go much deeper into this because we have reached the intersection of sports and politics, but I will say that domestic violence is no laughing matter and no one is more serious about it than I am. With that said, people who practice DV aren't going to stop because they are unemployed. Being in a structured system and having already lost four years of salary and career should only help AS. If it doesn't cut him, but I can assure you if he commits DV again it won't be because Dallas signed him. Standing on a soap box screaming about how upset you are that AS signed doesn't make you more against DV than anyone else, it just makes you louder with virtue signaling. Believe it or not, complaining on the internet is not activism. Go volunteer or donate if it's so important to you.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Wow, I didn't realize he was this big of a jerk. The older I get the harder it is for me to root for guys like this.

Conversely, we could have a team of convicted murderers on leave every Sunday and some fans wouldn't care. :muttley:
its the National FOOTBALL League. It is entertainment only. I dont care anymore about he players off the field problems than I do about any actor in a movie or musician/singer in a band.

If they are not in jail and are free to play.... sign em up if they can help the COWBOYS get a W on Sunday. Yep.... count me as one of those that doesnt care to try and be the court system and decider of what should happen to criminals once they are out of jail.