Aldon Smith makes Greg Hardy look like a choir boy

CCBoy

Reaction score
The question then becomes...at what point in their respective careers? Hardy ended up pretty rough...

speedkilz88

Reaction score
What do you not understand?

Tomsula being his ex coach?
McCarthy & Stephen Jones being buddies with Jay Glazer?
Smith being clean & sober for 9 months & working with Jay Glazer?
Smith being considered a generational talent?
Smith signing a non guaranteed contract that pays him $4 million if he gets 14 sacks?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
First of all, I’m all for everyone in society getting second chances. People suffering from drug and alcohol addictions who make serious attempts to get sober deserve our support. But people with domestic violence problems are different, especially when it comes to putting them on a national stage like the NFL. Domestic Violence perpetrators need help, but they don’t need a roster spot.

Yahoo Sports ran an article last night on Aldon Smith’s incredibly long rap sheet. Below is an excerpt from that article:

Aldon Smith’s mountain of legal issues

Here’s a rundown of the long list of off-field issues Smith has encountered since entering the NFL:
This list makes Greg Hardy look like a choir boy.
As I said in the beginning of this post- second chances are good. But for domestic violence? I want the Cowboys to win as bad as anyone. But not without at least some level of respectability.

Here’s the link to the article I quoted:
https://sports.yahoo.com/aldon-smith-cowboys-sign-domestic-violence-arrests-nfl-012158571.html

Hundreds of past Pro Athletes make Greg Hardy "look like a choirboy" because Greg Hardy was falsely accused of Domestic Violence. It's more than obvious if you really study the details of that case that the girl set him up because she couldn't accept being dumped both as his girlfriend but even more being dumped from that lifestyle.

Didn't you already create a thread about Aldon Smith...

Only 1 thing on your list shows being a "bad guy" vs just being a stupid drunk and with the large number of false DV accusations against Pro Athletes in recent years I have no idea what he really did in that episode. Even if he was innocent, he was too drunk to ever be able to defend himself against the charge because he likely has no idea what actually happened.

Either he stays sober or he doesn't. Would any of those incidents happen if he had been sober? It's not a free pass to excuse the past and he has to deal with whatever legal ramifications occurred form those incidents; however, from the Cowboys perspective he might be a model citizen when sober.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sounds like someone with a chemical imbalance that both refuses to get it treated and then exacerbates it with alcohol and drugs (not weed). I'm not remotely a fan of this signing. Money be damned, this isn't the personality, influence, or decision making I want in my locker room. Then again, its not my team...

If during his career Alcohol was banned and tested but Weed was completely legal and approved by the NFL, would he have had all of those crazy incidents...

Society has been upside down on alcohol vs weed and I'm saying that as someone that has not used weed in the past 20 years.

Alcohol has ruined more lives than all illegal drugs combined.

Is it a coincidence that Alcohol generates large tax revenues and Weed only became legal once it became realistic to tax it...

Society makes up weird rules. I still find it odd that rich guys can date or marry gold diggers legally but some truck driver can't legally pay a middle aged hooker.

cowboyed

Reaction score
If during his career Alcohol was banned and tested but Weed was completely legal and approved by the NFL, would he have had all of those crazy incidents...

Society has been upside down on alcohol vs weed and I'm saying that as someone that has not used weed in the past 20 years.

Alcohol has ruined more lives than all illegal drugs combined.

Is it a coincidence that Alcohol generates large tax revenues and Weed only became legal once it became realistic to tax it...

Society makes up weird rules. I still find it odd that rich guys can date or marry gold diggers legally but some truck driver can't legally pay a middle aged hooker.

Society is hypocritical. The consumption of alcohol has been ingrained in cultures for thousands of years and abusing it causes more damage to the body than smoking weed. Back in the day I partied and drank too much, wasn't that big of a fan smoking weed, it would just knock me out. Societal life is also paradoxical. A married or unmarried couple is in the throes of breaking up, usually by the initiative of either gender. There is a lot at stake emotionally and materially. Neither the male or female can legally stalk the other. However one or the other can hire a licensed private detective to stalk the other and detectives can stalk even more intrusively because of their experience and skill. Don't let me get started on the media, lol.