1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

News: Aldon Smith Reinstated

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by QuincyCarterEra, May 20, 2020.

1. black label

black label Well-Known Member

3,734 Messages
    6,340 Likes Received
  2. Silverstar

Silverstar Well-Known Member

6,007 Messages
    2,083 Likes Received
    Can't wait to see what he can do!

:popcorn:

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    Undisputed likes this.
  3. MCMetal69

MCMetal69 Well-Known Member

2,292 Messages
    3,067 Likes Received
    :omg: I'm stunned it happened this quickly...............

4. Mr_V

Mr_V rat2k8

6,934 Messages
    7,693 Likes Received
    These headcases are a long shot but hey Charles Haley was one and it turned out for us. I have a good feeling Smith will tear it up on the field. If we can get a 70% Aldon and stays clean we win.

BBGTYCOON and Eastex like this.
  5. Jarv

Jarv Loud pipes saves lives.

10,569 Messages
    4,241 Likes Received
    While I agree with you completely, I think adding Gregory to the mix...plus letting the coaches see them both in pre-season will finally give you your 8 million dollar lottery ticket you have been playing for the last year and a half. Bye bye Crawford, hello cap room!

6. DuncanIso

DuncanIso Well-Known Member

2,967 Messages
    1,943 Likes Received
    Agree.

long time to be away. His conditioning has to be shot.

BBGTYCOON likes this.
  7. starfan1

starfan1 Well-Known Member

2,419 Messages
    2,121 Likes Received
    I won’t disagree here. I’m not certain if it’s because of his medical issues or because he likes gettin high . I suspect the latter but you are correct

8. ItzKelz

ItzKelz Well-Known Member

5,017 Messages
    5,906 Likes Received
    Dude hasn't played in 5 years. I'll get excited in week 6 if he has a few sacks and doesnt have a few soft tissue injuries that are keeping him off the field.

BBGTYCOON likes this.
  9. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

17,515 Messages
    18,273 Likes Received
    Let’s get him in shape.

BBGTYCOON likes this.
  10. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

63,102 Messages
    70,466 Likes Received
    [​IMG]

Jarv and Irvin88_4life like this.
  11. Streetwise

Streetwise Well-Known Member

12,381 Messages
    13,255 Likes Received
    All rested up.

12. TexasHillbilly

TexasHillbilly Well-Known Member

1,906 Messages
    1,594 Likes Received
    I hope so. I just wonder what kind of shape he is in after being out of the league for so long. That has to take it's toll.

13. Eastex

Eastex Member

32 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Smith is in great shape as attested to by Jay Glazer as he is part of the organization that is working with former military. Noted it is not football shape but physically he is probably in better shape than most of the current DL. I think he was reinstated before Gregory due to his decision to turn his life around and the large number of testimonies that were provided by the organization(can't remember the name right now) that he has been working with to help others and especially former military personnel that needed the mental support. Has Gregory shown any of this devotion to turning his self around?

14. Eastex

Eastex Member

32 Messages
    73 Likes Received
    Just saw this on Bleacher Report: Maybe Gregory happens today.

Per Todd Archer of ESPN, Randy Gregory filed for reinstatement back on March 22nd. Once a player files for reinstatement, Roger Goodell has 60 days to rule on the reinstatement case. Doing the math, that 60 days would be up today, March 21st and Roger Goodell should make a ruling on Gregory’s reinstatement case today.

15. phildadon86

phildadon86 Well-Known Member

9,689 Messages
    13,251 Likes Received
    Lol. You must have never seen an addict that changed their life around for the better. It sucks because it really is a great thing.

16. aikemirv

aikemirv Well-Known Member

12,593 Messages
    5,516 Likes Received
    Well maybe if Goodell had not suspended Zeke when his lead investigator told him he had no case you would have a point!

17. phildadon86

9,689 Messages
    13,251 Likes Received
    Gregory was 2 years removed and was pretty decent when he came back in his last stint. You guys make it seem like the guy turned into Thor in Endgame or something. The guy has been working his butt off and is in great shape. If he makes it thru training camp his conditioning will be on par with Everyone else who completes camp.

LOBO7 likes this.
  18. phildadon86

9,689 Messages
    13,251 Likes Received
    As a recovering addict he’s saying all the right things. I hope he really has turned his life around. Booze is very hard substance to overcome. Very happy that was not my substance of choice. Good ok this young man for trying and persevering. I just hope he can stay clean and play well.

DuncanIso and BigStar like this.
  19. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

12,033 Messages
    5,164 Likes Received
    I am not as excited about this as many seem to be. he has been away from football for 4 years.....I don't care how great you are, or were, being away that long, you lose a lot. I don't care how good you look in your underware, lifting, running, etc. the game is reactive to players, its mental readiness, not just saying I am ready, but your mind being football ready, seeing things, reacting, natural football reflexes, etc.

he is a long shot, that doesn't cost us anything. if nothing else, feel good story for the camp. if he makes the team, it would be a big leap and big surprise. if he plays any snaps, that's far fetched. if he gets a single sack he has done great.

again, he might have been great 4 years ago...but 4 years is a career for many football players......he has been away for way way too long to be effective in any manner. if we are hoping he is coming in and going to man the RDE and contribute even as a platoon group, then RDE is in deeper dire situation that we are willing to admit

20. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

12,033 Messages
    5,164 Likes Received
    you are hoping for way way way too much....and the only reason Gregory started and he was average at best, was because we had nobody else....it was called desperation......and just because Gregory did it, doesn't mean he can, given he has been away for 4 years...….not many make a comeback after 4 years. I can't think of a single player and the list is short for those who make it back after 2 years....I don't even count on Gregory being any good, given he has spent more time away from football than actually playing football

DuncanIso likes this.