1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

News: Aldon thinks he can be the same player and better person

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Hawkeye0202, May 21, 2020.

1. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

11,142 Messages
    6,761 Likes Received
    I hope for the best, but I fully expect him to have major issues when he hits the field.

wrongway, Typhus and dragon_mikal like this.
  2. Canada180

Canada180 bannedontherun88

459 Messages
    347 Likes Received
    My biggest hope is that this young man really has changed his life. If that includes starring for the Cowboys ... the proverbial icing

3. MarcusRock

MarcusRock Well-Known Member

4,045 Messages
    4,307 Likes Received
    Oh lawd. It's starting.

Wait, did you mean on Madden?

4. stasheroo

stasheroo Well-Known Member

63,102 Messages
    70,462 Likes Received
    I'll settle for 50% of the player and 200% of the person.
    :thumbup:

Hawkeye0202, jnday, Canada180 and 2 others like this.
  5. ChuckA1

ChuckA1 Zone Supporter

982 Messages
    1,174 Likes Received
    Welcome to the Cowboys, sir and welcome back to the NFL. Please know we are all pulling for you.

6. Texas_Pete

Texas_Pete Well-Known Member

7,028 Messages
    14,212 Likes Received
    I forgot about this

817Gill, Kolemmitt, Bullflop and 3 others like this.
  7. JW82

JW82 JJ21

2,915 Messages
    5,149 Likes Received
    It's a real bad sentence...

Hawkeye0202 and Runwildboys like this.
  8. JW82

JW82 JJ21

2,915 Messages
    5,149 Likes Received
    The question will be, which form of wear and tear does more damage over 5 years, playing football or drugs and alcohol? I would be very happy if he can be half the player he once was. Would be a heck of a story.

Bullflop likes this.
  9. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

14,922 Messages
    25,127 Likes Received
    They don't get better but they also don't accumulate the injuries and wear & tear that makes most DL retire at 30.

Dallas doesn't need him to be better than his "one sack per game" level of the past, if he posts double digits on his current contract its a huge win for the team.

Typhus, Oneiros and Bullflop like this.
  10. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

14,922 Messages
    25,127 Likes Received
    Thanks for posting that, my impression before was that he wasn't a bad guy but someone who would go off the deep end when he was wasted. From that interview he seems like a bright guy who is clearly saying the right things, I'm more positive on this move after watching that.

Texas_Pete, Bullflop and Runwildboys like this.
  11. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

14,922 Messages
    25,127 Likes Received
    Sure, but we also have Armstrong, Anae and probably Crawford and Gregory at that position. We have plenty of fall back options and rotational guys.

Bullflop likes this.
  12. Runwildboys

Runwildboys Well-Known Member

24,788 Messages
    47,386 Likes Received
    I hope he's accurate at introspection.

Hawkeye0202 likes this.
  13. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

16,308 Messages
    19,803 Likes Received
    I will always be reluctant to fault someone with good intentions -- so it goes with Aldon Smith.

Whether he ultimately manages to overcome the ravages of time or not, I'm hoping he's right.

Kaiser likes this.
  14. charron

charron Well-Known Member

5,930 Messages
    6,228 Likes Received
    Of course he does. That is why he wanted back in on a prove it deal. He wants to earn some major $$ on his next deal.

15. Kaiser

Kaiser Zone Supporter

14,922 Messages
    25,127 Likes Received
    That was something I liked about that interview. He wasn't saying "Hey, I'm going to be back with a huge paycheck", he was saying he wanted to turn his struggles into a positive and become a role model. Pretty mature view.

Bullflop likes this.
  16. Bullflop

Bullflop Well-Known Member

16,308 Messages
    19,803 Likes Received
    I haven't seen anything printed to presume this is the case but I wouldn't be surprised if it is. Lord knows, Randy's already tried to quit and failed miserably to do it. If he has told Goodell of his intentions to keep smoking weed, I'd be surprised to see him be reinstated at all, much less remain in good standing to stay that way. I suppose we'll see how it goes, assuming he's ever allowed to play again. No doubt, time will tell. I'd wish him well, in any event.

Last edited: May 21, 2020
    Hawkeye0202 likes this.
  17. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

23,107 Messages
    15,671 Likes Received
    This really makes me wonder exactly how good he can be. Maybe the time off is too much to overcome, but a player who was sidetracked by his addiction while putting up 20 sacks could end up being even better than he was then if he can avoid a relapse and stay focused. The biggest question is whether his 30-year-old body can do the same things he was able to do as a younger player.

CCBoy likes this.
  18. Mr_V

Mr_V rat2k8

6,934 Messages
    7,693 Likes Received
    Freak of nature players don’t fall into your category. We are not talking about an average player here. This guy can come right in and make noise. I am actually disappointed we didn’t lock him in to a longer contract.

Big_D and ChuckA1 like this.
  19. Beaker42

Beaker42 Well-Known Member

4,201 Messages
    3,627 Likes Received
    Real sentence with a verb problem.

20. InTheZone

InTheZone Well-Known Member

5,606 Messages
    4,923 Likes Received
    time will tell, until then I doubt it.