News: Alex Smith cleared for full contact

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People want to think all injuries are just alike but they aren't. You have special insight into your injury and that is appreciated, but you have no clue about his.

Alex Smith is a good QB but will never be great, Just good.
Good QBs can win though as long as they have a strong team. Of course, I don't think the Commanders team is that strong.

John813

Reaction score
Best of luck to him, but I'll be amazed if he could go out there and not have the jitters every time he took a step back.

You got kids, a wife, a good career and millions in the bank but you play for the Washington Football Team(lol) you ain't winning jack, might as well slip on a banana peel in the lockerroom and cash out one more time.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After watching that :60 special on Project 11 and seeing his leg, that is amazing and he's an easy guy to pull for as he's had as rough a ride as any QB ever drafted in the 1st round. 5 different OC's in his first 5 years and he gets labeled a bust. I am pulling for him this season. I think it's a long shot but he's a never give up guy.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I wish him the best. Alex Smith is a class act and attempting to comeback after that injury shows serious grit and courage. He obviously loves the game and wants to go out on his terms.

I saw the injury happen on TV while watching the Dallas game on another screen. I knew it was a bad break-- but man, I had no idea the extent of the damage done. Those pics from that video were absolutely shocking. Glad he can walk normally, let alone play football.

blueblood70

Reaction score
who cares are we trading for him? if not i really tired about other team player threads started..trades and other things that have no true effect on Cowboys i realize hes in our division but it means nothing really..Washington couldn't beat us with Cousins or the last 8 qbs since..an old player coming of fan 18month rehab onto a team with new staff and no name..meh

Guice is coming back as well, id worry more about him, hes DCook type and when he can stay helathy will be a threat

Aven8

Reaction score
If he can be the same Smith, and McLaurin, who looks like a bonafide Star, sprinkled in with Rivera and a incredible Dline........they could be very good.

dckid

Reaction score
Happy for him.

He is the opposition but always thought he was a good QB and good guy.
Never thought he was more than a bus driver. To show how bad teams are at picking QB's, this guys was the number 1 pick.
He is the dictionary definition of a bus driver, system QB. He will not take you to a SB, he will check down.
Not his fault, he is a good player. Never pay a player like him 30 million a year. You will always regret it.
He is a good guy, but so are most people.
Just go and have a good life off the field and get some TV job.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
With the current pandemic there shouldn't be one player cleared for full contact.