Twitter: All 45 Saks on our QB this Season

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
I just watched the first half of the videos and I'm struck at how seldom the WRs were open and how sometimes the OL got beat. That said...when the WRs aren't open and the pocket's collapsing, QB has got to throw it away and live to throw another down. Several of these were on early downs before we'd gotten to midfield.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Saints was not a great game for the line. Too many injuries. The previous 3 games the line was much improved.

LOL....why shouldnt I look at Oline numbers based on the QB? Because it doesnt suit your agenda?

So where were all these DAK problems in 2016? Why such low sack numbers? If Dak is so horrible at giving up sacks then why so recently?

> line was much improved
> sack rate the same/slightly higher than before no-week

LOL data isn’t on your side, bud.

Getting sacked 4 times is not an improvement, getting sacked 7 times and the most all year. LOL

2016, our O-Line was playing at a near historic level. Last year with Smith, Martin, and Frederick playing at a high level, he was still sacked far too often. The only game you can excuse is the Falcons game, but even then, people were screaming for some pre-snap adjustments he failed to make.

Again, no data supports your claims here. Dak has time to throw, Zeke was leading or right with the top rushing RBs in the league...

Dak is simply not getting the ball out in time, he can’t make tight window throws, he isn’t going through his progressions quickly and even Aikman pointed that out.

Ken

Reaction score
I just watched the first half of the videos and I'm struck at how seldom the WRs were open and how sometimes the OL got beat. That said...when the WRs aren't open and the pocket's collapsing, QB has got to throw it away and live to throw another down. Several of these were on early downs before we'd gotten to midfield.
When they aren't open on almost every play, you start to have to compensate and wait longer, otherwise you never can pass it. This isn't on Dak. He has been set up for failure in a lot of ways. The Line not being a shadow of what it was, no weapons to throw to until Cooper, and a horrific scheme.

Ken

Reaction score
> line was much improved
> sack rate the same/slightly higher than before no-week

LOL data isn’t on your side, bud.

Getting sacked 4 times is not an improvement, getting sacked 7 times and the most all year. LOL

2016, our O-Line was playing at a near historic level. Last year with Smith, Martin, and Frederick playing at a high level, he was still sacked far too often. The only game you can excuse is the Falcons game, but even then, people were screaming for some pre-snap adjustments he failed to make.

Again, no data supports your claims here. Dak has time to throw, Zeke was leading or right with the top rushing RBs in the league...

Dak is simply not getting the ball out in time, he can’t make tight window throws, he isn’t going through his progressions quickly and even Aikman pointed that out.
lol.

You just make sweeping generalizations and call them facts. I don't know how anyone can look at the 7 sacks (see my post that everyone whined about but didn't read) and see how almost all of them are not on dak in any way.

But keep spouting how it is Dak's fault for 7 sacks....that is just wonderful.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
When they aren't open on almost every play, you start to have to compensate and wait longer, otherwise you never can pass it. This isn't on Dak. He has been set up for failure in a lot of ways. The Line not being a shadow of what it was, no weapons to throw to until Cooper, and a horrific scheme.

Problem is some of these routes aren't terribly long developing. They run a lot of levels and mesh plays and depending on the coverage you should have a good idea of who is or isn't going to come open. That said, after the Carolina and Seattle games he has cleaned up some of this and did a better job. This team is taking sacks, but after looking at it game by game I'm not sure there would have been huge differences had he not taken them. All the more reason Amari Cooper was a big pickup.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
lol.

You just make sweeping generalizations and call them facts. I don't know how anyone can look at the 7 sacks (see my post that everyone whined about but didn't read) and see how almost all of them are not on dak in any way.

But keep spouting how it is Dak's fault for 7 sacks....that is just wonderful.

I didn’t just mention the 7 sacks, I mentioned the sack totals have been high since the bye week.

You know, since the person I responded to stated the O-Line improved.

Before you attempt to hop into a discussion, get context. Thanks.

Ken

Reaction score
I didn’t just mention the 7 sacks, I mentioned the sack totals have been high since the bye week.

You know, since the person I responded to stated the O-Line improved.

Before you attempt to hop into a discussion, get context. Thanks.
What are you talking about?

"Again, no data supports your claims here. Dak has time to throw, Zeke was leading or right with the top rushing RBs in the league...

Dak is simply not getting the ball out in time, he can’t make tight window throws, he isn’t going through his progressions quickly and even Aikman pointed that out."

Your words...^

You also mentioned the 7 sacks...

Hence why i focused on that because I actually broke those 7 sacks down.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
What are you talking about?

"Again, no data supports your claims here. Dak has time to throw, Zeke was leading or right with the top rushing RBs in the league...

Dak is simply not getting the ball out in time, he can’t make tight window throws, he isn’t going through his progressions quickly and even Aikman pointed that out."

Your words...^

You also mentioned the 7 sacks...

Hence why i focused on that because I actually broke those 7 sacks down.

....read back through the thread, genius. I mentioned Philly and Washington...

There has been more than one post made here. Are you mentally impaired? Stop arguing just to argue.

In the very post you quoted “getting sacked 4 times isn’t an improvement”

YOU are not a source, I don’t care what YOU have to state - people with experience and an actual experienced eye tell me Dak is their most time in the NFL, 14 sacks are on him (highest), along with not taking shots down field when they are there.

Try again, this time actually attempt to use some brain power. Otherwise, I won’t even entertain you.

Ken

Reaction score
....read back through the thread, genius. I mentioned Philly and Washington...

There has been more than one post made here. Are you mentally impaired? Stop arguing just to argue.

In the very post you quoted “getting sacked 4 times isn’t an improvement”

YOU are not a source, I don’t care what YOU have to state - people with experience and an actual experienced eye tell me Dak is their most time in the NFL, 14 sacks are on him (highest), along with not taking shots down field when they are there.

Try again, this time actually attempt to use some brain power. Otherwise, I won’t even entertain you.
lol, once again.

I respond to your stupidity regarding Dak. I don't care what you stated throughout the thread. I am focused on you pinning everything on Dak.

Also, your non stated experienced and experienced eyes(lol, whatever that is) "sources" are not sources. FYI.

IF this "14 sacks are on him" is sourced from PFF...well...we know how accurate their analysis is. But if you are sacked 45 times...there is a good chance you will have more "on you" than others who have not been under that much pressure...just so you know.

Ken

Reaction score
“Pressure stats” are meaningless numbers. Factor in time to throw and you get a better indication why pressures/sacks happen.
Are you really this delusional? Pressure is pressure. TT the way it is measured from Next Gen is the useless stat. It tells you literally nothing.

When I see 4 sacks in under 2.5 seconds vs Saints...and the fastest average time to throw in the league is 2.6 seconds, yet Next Gen throws these plays out, tells me it is useless.

Tell me why I am wrong.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Are you really this delusional? Pressure is pressure. TT the way it is measured from Next Gen is the useless stat. It tells you literally nothing.

When I see 4 sacks in under 2.5 seconds vs Saints...and the fastest average time to throw in the league is 2.6 seconds, yet Next Gen throws these plays out, tells me it is useless.

Tell me why I am wrong.

> it tells you literally nothing

“Raw stats are okay! But in-depth statistical analysis is bogus!” - boi haha

> 2.5 seconds vs. the Saints

THE SAINTS GAME IS NOT THE ONLY GAME HE HAS HIGH AMOUNT OF SACKS! He has 45 sacks this year, 14 of them are considered on him...which is the HIGHEST in the NFL, per PFF.

Now what?

He also has the third highest amount of time to throw.

One more shot to post something intelligent.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
lol, once again.

I respond to your stupidity regarding Dak. I don't care what you stated throughout the thread. I am focused on you pinning everything on Dak.

Also, your non stated experienced and experienced eyes(lol, whatever that is) "sources" are not sources. FYI.

IF this "14 sacks are on him" is sourced from PFF...well...we know how accurate their analysis is. But if you are sacked 45 times...there is a good chance you will have more "on you" than others who have not been under that much pressure...just so you know.

PFF IS a source

And moron, 2 other QBs have been sacked over 40 times, 3 over 37 times, 3 over 35 times

The next highest amount against a QB is 10...source PFF.

YOU ARE WRONG! Stop haha

Kevinicus

Reaction score
“Pressure stats” are meaningless numbers. Factor in time to throw and you get a better indication why pressures/sacks happen.

Yep. A guy like Brees can take a play and get the ball out in about 2.1 seconds (just a random number for an example) and then another QB who isn't as good and doesn't see things as well, or is more indecisive, or makes poor reads, etc. doesn't make that throw and finally makes one at 2.8 seconds. No pressure at 2.1 seconds, but a much greater chance that at 2.8 there is pressure coming.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

THE SAINTS GAME IS NOT THE ONLY GAME HE HAS HIGH AMOUNT OF SACKS! He has 45 sacks this year, 14 of them are considered on him...which is the HIGHEST in the NFL, per PFF.

Now what?

I'm really doubting their number of 14.

I started to go through the sacks in the tweet, and got through maybe 10-15 (maybe through the Detroit game) and the majority of those were easily on Dak. There were a couple that weren't on him, that he might have been able to do something to prevent it, but it would have been a very good play. There were a couple that there just wasn't any chance (like the roll out against Seattle that was DOA). And then there were some that the sack wasn't his fault, but he did something stupid to make it worse.

Either, they're giving him a lot more credit than I am, or things got a lot different since Detroit.

Ken

Reaction score

Now what?

3rd highest time to throw is like 2 or 3 games ago.

He is actually 6th highest time to throw. Ahead of such qbs like Rodgers, Watson, Goff and Wilson. I am sure they have no idea how to get rid of the ball either.

Besides the fact that the TT doesn't use plays in which the QB is sacked...inexplicably....because why wouldn't you stop the time to throw at when he was sacked? Dumbest stat ever...

Here is one example from last game that also illustrates how silly this metric is:

2nd and 3 (4:33)- Playaction, pressured at 2 seconds. Rolls out around the pressure and completes ball to Gallup for 14 yards after 4.1 seconds.

By your holy grail metric TT, it took Dak 4.1 seconds to get rid of the ball. But in actuality, he was pressured at 2 seconds and had to run out to buy time and get the completion.

Ken

Reaction score
I'm really doubting their number of 14.

I started to go through the sacks in the tweet, and got through maybe 10-15 (maybe through the Detroit game) and the majority of those were easily on Dak. There were a couple that weren't on him, that he might have been able to do something to prevent it, but it would have been a very good play. There were a couple that there just wasn't any chance (like the roll out against Seattle that was DOA). And then there were some that the sack wasn't his fault, but he did something stupid to make it worse.

Either, they're giving him a lot more credit than I am, or things got a lot different since Detroit.
Did you start from the top or the bottom? I want to see what it is you are looking at because it sounds to me like you *possibly* have no clue.