Twitter: All 45 Saks on our QB this Season

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
This tweet thread shows all 45 sacks he took:

Some were Dak's fault, some were OL's fault, some were the receivers' fault. Regardless, he gotta stop taking so many hits.

Who the hell is Dalton Miller? A fifth grader? Ummm Dalton, "has took"? Try "has taken". Really dude. You want to be taken seriously learn ?
This tweet thread shows all 45 sacks he took:

Some were Dak's fault, some were OL's fault, some were the receivers' fault. Regardless, he gotta stop taking so many hits.

Ok. I get that some dude named Dalton Miller took the time to evaluate all 45 sacks. Does Dalton have some knowledge of the plays called on the 45 sacks? I don't even profess to know anything about blocking schemes and running routes but it would seem to me that both are influenced by the play called and if everything is executed well. If it ain't execurted well by the line, QB or WR's, or any combination, then the timing is off and the play breaks down. What do I know. And Dalton, it's "has taken" not "has took". If you're a 5'th grader that's understandable but really you should be in school not breaking down film :muttley:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Did you start from the top or the bottom? I want to see what it is you are looking at because it sounds to me like you *possibly* have no clue.

The top. Carolina, Seattle, Detroit.

I would have gone further, but the gifs were glitching and skipping over portions of the play after playing a couple times.

Don't know why you bother though, we know you have no clue what you're looking at.

Ken

Reaction score
Yep. A guy like Brees can take a play and get the ball out in about 2.1 seconds (just a random number for an example) and then another QB who isn't as good and doesn't see things as well, or is more indecisive, or makes poor reads, etc. doesn't make that throw and finally makes one at 2.8 seconds. No pressure at 2.1 seconds, but a much greater chance that at 2.8 there is pressure coming.
Or you can have an offense predicated on quick throws, brees and manning come to mind, and they are getting it out by design.

And then you can have high playaction offenses, like the ones toward the bottom of the list of TT, and it looks like they can't get rid of the ball.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
3rd highest time to throw is like 2 or 3 games ago.

He is actually 6th highest time to throw. Ahead of such qbs like Rodgers, Watson, Goff and Wilson. I am sure they have no idea how to get rid of the ball either.

Besides the fact that the TT doesn't use plays in which the QB is sacked...inexplicably....because why wouldn't you stop the time to throw at when he was sacked? Dumbest stat ever...

Here is one example from last game that also illustrates how silly this metric is:

2nd and 3 (4:33)- Playaction, pressured at 2 seconds. Rolls out around the pressure and completes ball to Gallup for 14 yards after 4.1 seconds.

By your holy grail metric TT, it took Dak 4.1 seconds to get rid of the ball. But in actuality, he was pressured at 2 seconds and had to run out to buy time and get the completion.

...no the third highest is still the same. Coming from the same source. If you want in-depth data, stop being cheap and fork out some money so you don’t look ignorant.

Rodgers and Wilson have both been criticized for holding the ball too long - Rodgers has had his own lineman calling him out on this. You are not helping your case here.

Nope, you’re talking BS - the data takes into account scrambling after pressure.

We’re done here. You have no idea what you’re even talking about.

Don’t even bother responding, you’re pretty much just bending over and talking out of your butt at this point and it’s not worth entertaining. Your Dak love has robbed you of critical thinking and I don’t bother with people pretending to be dumb.

mattjames2010

Reaction score

I would have gone further, but the gifs were glitching and skipping over portions of the play after playing a couple times.

Don't know why you bother though, we know you have no clue what you're looking at.

He also has no clue about getting the ball out in these next gen stats - he thinks PFF doesn’t factor in the scramble.

Ken

Reaction score

IF you guys looked at things half as analytically as I do, we wouldn't being having these conversations.

I enjoy taking the time to help you guys understand though. I will take a look at those sacks...

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Who the hell is Dalton Miller? A fifth grader? Ummm Dalton, "has took"? Try "has taken". Really dude. You want to be taken seriously learn ?

Ok. I get that some dude named Dalton Miller took the time to evaluate all 45 sacks. Does Dalton have some knowledge of the plays called on the 45 sacks? I don't even profess to know anything about blocking schemes and running routes but it would seem to me that both are influenced by the play called and if everything is executed well. If it ain't execurted well by the line, QB or WR's, or any combination, then the timing is off and the play breaks down. What do I know. And Dalton, it's "has taken" not "has took". If you're a 5'th grader that's understandable but really you should be in school not breaking down film :muttley:

> what is he a 5th grader
> types out “ain’t” seriously

Ken

Reaction score
...no the third highest is still the same. Coming from the same source. If you want in-depth data, stop being cheap and fork out some money so you don’t look ignorant.

Rodgers and Wilson have both been criticized for holding the ball too long - Rodgers has had his own lineman calling him out on this. You are not helping your case here.

Nope, you’re talking BS - the data takes into account scrambling after pressure.

We’re done here. You have no idea what you’re even talking about.

Don’t even bother responding, you’re pretty much just bending over and talking out of your butt at this point and it’s not worth entertaining. Your Dak love has robbed you of critical thinking and I don’t bother with people pretending to be dumb.
So this is a PFF stat? I am working off of the Next Gen stat....is PFF calculated differently? If it is, maybe it isn't completely useless.

I don't pay for PFF, it is drivel. I pay for Gamepass so I can actually see it and analyze it for myself.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
IF you guys looked at things half as analytically as I do, we wouldn't being having these conversations.

I enjoy taking the time to help you guys understand though. I will take a look at those sacks...

Lol, analytical? You? Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

This is you being analytical:

Dak didn't throw the ball - Conclusion: Nobody was open.

Ken

Reaction score
He also has no clue about getting the ball out in these next gen stats - he thinks PFF doesn’t factor in the scramble.
I didn't know it. I don't put a lot of value on their stats but here is the definition of Time to Pass:

Time in Pocket
One of the more unique signature statistics at Pro Football Focus, the time in the pocket metric records the amount of time a quarterback takes from snap to throw. We average out the quarterback’s time to throw, time to attempt a pass, time until he’s sacked and time until a quarterback scrambles. On all passing attempts, we bucket them into quick passes (passes thrown within 2.5 seconds or less of the snap) or longer-developing passes (passes thrown at least 2.6 seconds after the snap). Each type of pass records it’s own totals of attempts, completions, yards, touchdowns, interceptions and passer ratings showcasing which quarterbacks utilize a quick delivery best and those who are better than others letting his receivers develop their routes downfield.

This is much better than Next Gen's definition. Now, whether it is accurate or not, is another story.

Cebrin

Reaction score
He had no problems in 2016 when the line was blocking. Hasnt seemed to have as much of an issue once Cooper showed up. Time to start understand the dynamics of the offense and how they affect the QB. Its been proven over and over again here with Dak over his first 3 years.
Yes, he did. He held the ball forever in 2016. The line masked it, yes.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
The problem with posts like this are the complete lack of accuracy.
To put another way, this stuff is full on bald-faced lying.

Dak takes too many sacks. Correct.
But this is not a good or plus OL right now... did you watch the friggin vidoes?
And DAL does not throw short a lot.
DAL throws short in the bottom 10 of all teams.

These are EASILY verifiable FACTS.

Refusing to use them is simply lying.
Stop it.
They all lie in order to spew their Dak hatred, and it's the same bunch.