1. Read the latest Dallas Cowboys News!
    #dallascowboys · Cowboys Fan Zone

All 62 Starting QBs From The 2021 Season Ranked

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by MountaineerCowboy, Feb 19, 2022.

1. Nav22

Nav22 Benched

11,831 Messages
    13,412 Likes Received
    LOL they went all-in with OBJ, Von Miller and Eric Weddle.

Goff got them to a Super Bowl. How’d Goff do in Detroit?

Team sport.

Dre11 and Jake like this.
  2. DCwarrior

DCwarrior Well-Known Member

675 Messages
    693 Likes Received
    Wow thanks for that bombshell. I feel better now….

Hagman and Cowpolk like this.
  3. Blitzen

Blitzen Well-Known Member

947 Messages
    971 Likes Received
    True, but your posts on Dak, Stafford, and Goff avoid their pedigree. Though I think Dak goes late second or third round without the DUI prior to the 2016 draft.

He’s pretty good and based on what I see will be pretty good going forward. This team is run to be pretty good, so it makes sense they paid him market value to be pretty good.

It takes great QB play and really good overall team play to advance far in the playoffs consistently. The Rams went all in for a magical season and it paid off (trading a young first overall QB who went to a Super Bowl for a much older first overall QB who was 0-3 in the playoffs-whilst trading more 1st round picks to facilitate it).

Look at what San Francisco is willing to do to upgrade at the QB position, and look at how well they have done with Garoppolo. These are very successful regular season teams and know how important great QB play can determine playoff/SB chances.

No, there is no hotline to call for great QB play but I would rather throw lots of 1st round picks at a guy you believe has the traits of a great QB than play for pretty good results. Yep, it could backfire and you could end up picking in the top 5 if you go with someone like Rush or a journeyman QB. This team likes treading mediocrity. Enough winning to justify some hype, but not enough substance for big wins.

The best news is how absurdly bad the NFC is currently compared to the AFC. I could see the Cowboys making a deep playoff push or even a Super Bowl appearance considering this. They have the best chance to get to the SB in the past 3 decades. Very few legit contenders currently.

817Gill and Nav22 like this.
  4. SteveTheCowboy

SteveTheCowboy Well-Known Member

11,811 Messages
    7,991 Likes Received
    I agree. Team sport. Sure. But it is quite a coincidence, last two Super Bowl QB's. I think Tampa was a lot closer than what peopel think, just Brady's Buddy...and Brown?

Rams....decent record, winning Divisionals.

Hardly dominant! But good. Sure. But....QB changed everything.

Now...let's not forget youngster in Cinnci. NOT dominant. But the QB seemingly changed everything.

So how much really *is* on the QB?

5. starfan1

starfan1 Well-Known Member

8,129 Messages
    7,301 Likes Received
    Zeke's success and Daks early success can be attributed to a offensive line that was tops or close to tops in the league in both run and pass blocking. Once that declined so has their success. This is a team game yes having a patrick or aaron helps their chances and they are the 2 best QBs in league by most metrics they have both underachieved expectations. also ill add that Dallas being a dumb team dont help anyone's case. they are undisciplined.

6. RonnieT24

RonnieT24 Well-Known Member

10,844 Messages
    16,758 Likes Received
    Only because he got to face Cousins.. LOL!

7. Ranched

Ranched "We Are Penn State"

34,885 Messages
    84,316 Likes Received
    If you think both average quarterback's Goff/Stafford & not McVay got them to 2 Super bowls, (winning one) then your nuts lol.

8. Nav22

Nav22 Benched

11,831 Messages
    13,412 Likes Received
    Well, let’s see if your premise holds up, shall we?

Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Patrick Mahomes each lost to inferior QBs this postseason alone. Frankly, so did Dak Prescott.

Okay, guess your premise doesn’t hold up. Team sport.
    :thumbup:

Why didn’t the QB who “changed everything” for the Rams win a damn thing in 12 years in Detroit? Because it’s a team sport.

Oh, and we wouldn’t have lost to SF if Dak had Joe Mixon in his backfield rather than Anemic Zeke.

Also helps having a rookie dominant WR who entered the NFL with ready-made chemistry with his college QB.

9. Nav22

Nav22 Benched

11,831 Messages
    13,412 Likes Received
    That’s my point. Team sport. You’re taking what I said about “getting them there” too literally.

10. CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninHouston CowboysFaninDC

24,788 Messages
    13,301 Likes Received
    perhaps he should be nominated for HOF along with Garrett. :rolleyes:

11. CowboysFaninHouston

24,788 Messages
    13,301 Likes Received
    wrong. according to a few, he should not be in the NFL at all.

5Stars likes this.
  12. CowboysFaninHouston

24,788 Messages
    13,301 Likes Received
    ok, what about after that? Lynch continued to suck anywhere he went. he was just way too tall and his delivery was way to slow. he didn't have a compact throwing motion and he wasn't accurate. he could have improved...facts are he didn't. he iswas no longer fit to be even a backup QB in the league.

Dak got drafted into a perfect situation. and your point?

Nav22 likes this.
  13. CowboysFaninHouston

24,788 Messages
    13,301 Likes Received
    those FO, NFL coaches don't know anything about football or Dak. they should just ask @MountaineerCowboy @PAPPYDOG @khiladi...these three know more about football and QB play than all of them combined.

Nav22 likes this.
  14. Nav22

Nav22 Benched

11,831 Messages
    13,412 Likes Received
    That means Dak being a successful NFL starting QB for 6+ years doesn’t count and Paxton Lynch gets a pass for his career-long failures!!!

DUH!!!!!!!
    :lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:

5Stars and CowboysFaninHouston like this.
  15. CowboysFaninHouston

24,788 Messages
    13,301 Likes Received
    we need a new OC....I was never really impressed with Moore. he has some good moments, but hasn't been that good over all

SteveTheCowboy and 5Stars like this.
  16. UncleRico

UncleRico Well-Known Member

543 Messages
    460 Likes Received
    I think that’s fair. I’d have Dak ranked close to that

17. RonnieT24

RonnieT24 Well-Known Member

10,844 Messages
    16,758 Likes Received

Ironically I think the exact opposite. Moore HAS been good overall. That's the problem. The Cowboys have an amazing array of talent and as a result when they face teams that either have inferior talent or stupid DC they absolutely boat race them. This gives the appearance that Moore is "good overall." The fact that they put up such huge numbers against and actually even put up decent numbers against "good teams" generally makes it looks like Moore is doing a good job. Because the numbers say he is.. Here's the problem.. The Cowboys offensive talent is such that half the guys on this site could call plays for them and they would be okay against most teams. Where they need help from the OC is when they face good defenses.. That is where Moore fails.. and that is why in my eyes he needs to git gone. Or at least hand over play calling to McCarthy. While suspect Moore would kick Big Mike's arse in Quiz Bowl.. I firmly believe McCarthy has a better feel for in game play calling. I'd like to see him take over a game or two.. Can we get Moore some Covid for a few games? Can somebody who works at a restaurant in the area spit some Covid into his food early next year? Just so we can see for ourselves if McCarthy is better?

I know.. that was turble.

5Stars likes this.
  18. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

56,241 Messages
    44,978 Likes Received
    fwiw
    9th ranked rushing offense that also averaged 4.5 yards per carry

19. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

14,543 Messages
    11,284 Likes Received
    So Mahommes didn't slump early for a 5-6 week period?

Stats are the truest measure for a qb, he's only a 1/3 of the team, he's dependent on the talent around him, because unless you're privy to meetings and gameplans there's no way of making an accurate assessment by eye test alone. Tannehill was considered a bust by all measures.

20. Dre11

Dre11 Well-Known Member

14,543 Messages
    11,284 Likes Received
    How, when wins and losses are team stats. Qb is offense is 1/3 the team.