All I want for Christmas is a defense like Tampa Bay's

Rayman70

Reaction score
Go ahead and set the people straight as how Dak would of had 5 SB wins if he wasn't held back by all the terrible teams, players and coaches he's been forced to play with and carry, don't forget to mention how the ref's and the league are against him too. Tell them how Brady is a washed up jag. Set them straight Rockhomie.
like I keep saying, it dont matter what the journey looks like getting there, you still must execute the plan, and THAT they sure did. Its real hard to criticize a team/QB after the absolute flawless performance they laid down on the chiefs. It was impressive as heck.

Rayman70

Reaction score
That's what this entire thread is about, so yes.
this thread then is worthless. It really doesn't matter one bit. The SB doesnt have an asterisk next to it in the record books.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Is this a joke? Tampa has a good defense but its not like the defense carried them this year. I don't think they were even a top 10 defense this year. Granted, that would be an improvement over our current defense, but hardly the bridge to get us to a super bowl. This team is terminally flawed. It starts the QB and goes right on through the OL and defense. It can't be fixed with the current cap constraints and Daks impending contract.
does it matter? It carried them in the 1 game it mattered and against the best offense in the league. THAT MATTERED ALOT.

Winonesoon

Reaction score
K, here is kind of a deal. Tom earned 28mil. That's after all the fluff and incentives and a SB win. His base was 15 mil..LOL. He is laughing at all of us.

He don't need the money and went to a stacked team. Perfect storm and very few looked up from their desk. 40 mil to keep Dak is just crazy. I don't care as i only say that because the team needs help.

Good on the young man for getting a pay day. I just want to be in the mix again.:grin:

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
this thread then is worthless. It really doesn't matter one bit. The SB doesnt have an asterisk next to it in the record books.
Then you should probably delete the 20 posts congratulating yourself for going out on a limb and saying that Tampa is good.

Water is wet.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
K, here is kind of a deal. Tom earned 28mil. That's after all the fluff and incentives and a SB win. His base was 15 mil..LOL. He is laughing at all of us.

He don't need the money and went to a stacked team. Perfect storm and very few looked up from their desk. 40 mil to keep Dak is just crazy.
Ok then who are you signing for that money who wins a Super Bowl like that?

People acting like Tampa is a repeatable model for anything are...really dumb.

Rayman70

Reaction score
BALANCE BALANCE BALANCE. Tampa was top ten, not great, in many categories ...the last say 5 games of the year, and kept getting better, then peaked during the SB. Balance, execution,good D, running the ball well, wins Lombardies. Most all SB champs like ever, have this in common. A good D, and competent QB can do wonders. Especially if you can run the ball and stop the run.They made the Chiefs one dimensional. The outcome of this game was never in doubt after the coin flip.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Then you should probably delete the 20 posts congratulating yourself for going out on a limb and saying that Tampa is good.

Water is wet.
you need to cool off bud. Dunk your head in some cold water. This is a FAN board. Don't be weird.

Winonesoon

Reaction score
Ok then who are you signing for that money who wins a Super Bowl like that?

People acting like Tampa is a repeatable model for anything are...really dumb.
I don't have that answer on a rolodex, but it would be nice to have time to look and put out feelers. Dallas needs Dak but, at 185mil if that is the top this year. They will need some health and some extra luck.

You guys kill me that just want to post a "Yeah,Yeah, well, you fix it smart guy! post. Its just conversation with some facts thrown in. that's all.;)

GMO415

Reaction score
It's about to be Lent and you're talking about His birth?

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score

He don't need the money and went to a stacked team. Perfect storm and very few looked up from their desk. 40 mil to keep Dak is just crazy. I don't care as i only say that because the team needs help.

Good on the young man for getting a pay day. I just want to be in the mix again.:grin:

I agree with this. It's nothing against Dak, but this team has glaring needs on defense. 40 is too much to pay for Dak. I would rather draft a QB and use a stop-gap like Dalton if necessary. And go all in getting the best defensive players possible that are right for a sound scheme. Would this guarantee success? Of course not, but there are no guarantees in football. It's just what I think would give the team the best chances.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Tampa had a solid Defence. Lets not act like KC's OL was bad though. Reminded me of Romo vs Minnesota. Or Dak vs Atlanta.

It used to be very good. Then they lost their Guard and lost their tackle right before the game.