Twitter: All QBs are making at least $40M

Chuck 54

Reaction score
ok, I have a question here...last year we kept hearing from everyone he is second highest paid player, so he needs to play like it. so now he is 5th highest, does it mean he needs to play like 5th best and if in two years he is 12th best, does it mean then he needs to be 12th best...just wondering.

I am sure somebody will say, if he played like a top 15 player we would be happy....but that's missing the point on the question
For me, it’s not about what they are paid. Starting QBs, especially franchise QBs (which is every starting QB who isn’t a bridge or placeholder, but one the team hopes to win with and is planning the next 3-4 years around) get paid whatever the market will bear at the time…period. Now I expect the QB to play better each year and help the team win. After signing, the salary means nothing to me except that we have continuity. Play well and get better.

CWR

Reaction score
When my dog barks at someone walking down the street, he's going to do it again the next time someone walks down the street because he thinks barking works. But I understand your point.

I may be a bit out there, but I do believe a lot of our health comes from our mindsets. I'm sure there is research to support the negative effects of excessive Cortisol (stress hormone)release and so on though. So it's not completely without merit.

Athletes are typically pretty superstitious as well lol.

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
its been a game of leap frog for a long time, which is why all the people on this board going on about Dak should not be the highest paid was a bit comical ta the time. That distinction is so fleeting. He'll be 10th most highest paid before you know it

Yupp...Same thing happened with Romo on here many years ago

dsturgeon

Reaction score
Maybe, but who am I to criticize what is working? More so it shows how far he will go to perform. It's as much about commitment.

I may be a bit out there, but I do believe a lot of our health comes from our mindsets. I'm sure there is research to support the negative effects of excessive Cortisol (stress hormone)release and so on though. So it's not completely without merit.

It can't be a coincidence that Tony Gonazales and Brady did the same types of things, and they were the 2 of the oldest and longest lasting players

Tim Duncan was another who did a similar thing, but I think he went vegetarian

Flamma

Reaction score

I'll wear the tinfoil hat with that one. I believe it as well.

Oh and, nothing good comes from stress, just misery. I actually transferred out of a much higher paying job because of it. Not doing it.

dsturgeon

Reaction score
I'll wear the tinfoil hat with that one. I believe it as well.

Oh and, nothing good comes from stress, just misery. I actually transferred out of a much higher paying job because of it. Not doing it.

I wear it enough that I think the large part of the population would be healthy if they ate good and exercised, and had never taken a prescription or a shot. I think pharmaceuticals are sorcery or the opposite of what you 2 were talking about with the mindset and actually making people sick by belief

Flamma

Reaction score
I wear it enough that I think the large part of the population would be healthy if they ate good and exercised, and had never taken a prescription or a shot. I think pharmaceuticals are sorcery or the opposite of what you 2 were talking about with the mindset and actually making people sick by belief

Agreed. Well done. Not too many people know the origin of Pharmacy, or pharmakeia. Sorcery.

ghst187

Reaction score
Wondering if they are going to have to adopt some nba like salary rules like Supermax contracts and what not, getting out of control.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Pretty sure we are adding Lamar Jackson and Russell Wilson real soon.......but one GM tweeted Watson's new deal could change the landscape entirely, whatever that means. Qbs start demanding fully guaranteed contracts?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/19/matthew-stafford-signs-new-contract-with-rams/

Matthew Stafford signs new contract with Rams
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 19, 2022, 4:22 PM EDT

Pretty soon it's gonna be the QB taking up 90% of the cap and the rest of the team will be undrafted free agents.
They really need to address this issue in the next cba.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Pretty sure we are adding Lamar Jackson and Russell Wilson real soon.......but one GM tweeted Watson's new deal could change the landscape entirely, whatever that means. Qbs start demanding fully guaranteed contracts?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/19/matthew-stafford-signs-new-contract-with-rams/

Yep..I said last year in a couple years Daks contract might not be top 10. And by the time his contract matures in 2024 probably not in upper half. Dak will be looking to renegotiate in 2023.

Loso86

Reaction score

This is getting put of hand. There really does need to be a cap on QB salaries. Or player salaries by position

Jfconrow

Reaction score
It’s because of the CBA, they took the money away from rookies and said teams have to spend it somewhere so most give it to their QB. I really don’t think it’s fair some guys get the vet minimum and QBs get 40m a year but I guess life isn’t fair. Other players get hit every play.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

How hilarious!! The dak troll, crybaby know nothings were told over and over that within a few years daks contract would fall right in line. It’s been only two years and it’s already out of elite range.

Another dumb theory blows up I’m their face.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I can hear the agents screaming the following.....If Dak Prescott is being paid 40 million no way my Client accepts anything under 45 million a year!!!!!
NFL owners just love Jerry at this point......:muttley:
1551992718-jerry_rain_smaller2-(1).gif

DanA

Reaction score
I am 37 and had backpain for the first time in my life this year. It was to a point anytime I stood up, i had extreme pain, and it took awhile to stand up straight. I read something, that is was actually not in my lower back, but in the muscles in my hips.

Went and signed up at the ymca, 4 yoga classes a week for a month and a half stretching out the hips and hamstrings + the rest of the body, and it is completely gone. Not to mention I have changed my movements all together and focused everything on my core.

I don't like the new age aspect of it and I don't participate in that, but I dont see how nfl teams are not making every player take yoga every day. I would think they could eliminate a bunch of soft tissue and muscle injuries doing this.

I'm pretty sure all NFL teams have an extensive stretching, massage, and core strength program. Some players like Tyron Smith have added Yoga in the off-season.

exciter

Reaction score
I can understand taking care of yourself, but that's bordering on superstition. He doesn't eat potatoes either?
My brother in law doesn’t eat any nightshade vegetables… tomatoes, tators, peppers etc or his arthritis goes ape****. Ex military, still runs as long as he avoids them!

Nickyp

Reaction score

Meanwhile Brady got more rings than all 6 of them combined. And now is back looking for ring number 7. But yea lets throw almost 25% of our cap money to one player. This is getting out of hand now

GINeric

Reaction score
Dak Prescott
Ranked 7-10 By the time the season starts Probably paid 7-10 most Sounds bout right!

Exactly!! That's why I laugh at the weak dumb uniformed coward *** Dak haters who claim that he's a bum or he's below average, but these are the same dumb *** haters that can never explain why he's put up the numbers he has been able to have put up. Like I said before.... men lie, women lie, numbers don't. Dak has to improve his game, no doubt but he's earned his money. This is what the market dictate.