Twitter: All QBs are making at least $40M

plymkr

Reaction score
I am 37 and had backpain for the first time in my life this year. It was to a point anytime I stood up, i had extreme pain, and it took awhile to stand up straight. I read something, that is was actually not in my lower back, but in the muscles in my hips.

Went and signed up at the ymca, 4 yoga classes a week for a month and a half stretching out the hips and hamstrings + the rest of the body, and it is completely gone. Not to mention I have changed my movements all together and focused everything on my core.

I don't like the new age aspect of it and I don't participate in that, but I dont see how nfl teams are not making every player take yoga every day. I would think they could eliminate a bunch of soft tissue and muscle injuries doing this.
Tai Chi is also good for pain and being more flexible. It's a martial art that focuses on slow movements and most of it is in your lower back, hips and core. It's also dubbed as "moving meditation". That aspect is great for anxiety and depression. Which I think we all suffer from being a Cowboys fan, lol. Also Tai Chi teaches you how to fight and self defense.

OhReally

Reaction score
Edi
Pretty sure we are adding Lamar Jackson and Russell Wilson real soon.......but one GM tweeted Watson's new deal could change the landscape entirely, whatever that means. Qbs start demanding fully guaranteed contracts?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/19/matthew-stafford-signs-new-contract-with-rams/

Matthew Stafford signs new contract with Rams
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 19, 2022, 4:22 PM EDT

Edit: all top QBs and Dak Prescott are making 40 million.

Flamma

Reaction score
My brother in law doesn’t eat any nightshade vegetables… tomatoes, tators, peppers etc or his arthritis goes ape****. Ex military, still runs as long as he avoids them!

Now this is getting my attention. I'm going to now pass this along to a few people I know.

It's odd. I didn't think the 'shade would have any effect unless the items went bad.

visionary

Reaction score
ok, I have a question here...last year we kept hearing from everyone he is second highest paid player, so he needs to play like it. so now he is 5th highest, does it mean he needs to play like 5th best and if in two years he is 12th best, does it mean then he needs to be 12th best...just wondering.

I am sure somebody will say, if he played like a top 15 player we would be happy....but that's missing the point on the question

he has shown he is average especially under pressure. He’s never going to play like a top 5 QB when the pressure is on against the best teams. That’s when the elite QBs show who they are. He’s a stat padder like Cousins. Only his homies think he will play like an elite QB

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So the good news is only 2 out of the 6 listed are way overpaid.

glimmerman

Reaction score
We all knew it was going to jump past 40. This is why Dak wanted a short term deal. So he could cash in again. He gambles on himself. If he don’t improve he will be gone. He looked good first half of the season. Bad the second half. Let’s see who shows up in 2022..

Flamma

Reaction score
So the good news is only 2 out of the 6 listed are way overpaid.

If you're talking about Stafford as the second, at least a team can be put around him to win a SB. If not, then ignore my ignorant keystrokes!

Scotman

Reaction score
Dak's contract will end up the middle of the road within a couple of years. That was never my concern with his contract. I believed, and still do, that the contract was a financial mistake on Dak's part. I firmly believe that in this day and age where personal branding is king, Dak missed an opportunity to develop his brand like no one before him. I believe he could have made MORE money overall by accepting a really, really good home-team offer. Part of the contract negotiations would have included guaranteed language on the Cowboys' part to make mention that other signings were possible because of Dak's "sacrifice."

Picture this...you have a press conference where Dak accepts a 5 year, 100 million dollar, fully-guaranteed contract. Stuns everyone because it is so much less than expected. Ridiculously low based on the market. Dak comes out and speaks to the press, and the fans personally, with language like this. "Winning is more important that getting to say I'm the highest paid guy in the league. Mr. Jones has a made a commitment to spend every dollar saved on this contract to bring in the best players at every position on the field. And, just like everyone who enjoys the games from home, it's not lost on me how much money this contract already is. I am humbled and thankful for the fans that make this possible. And, I want to make sure we have the resources necessary to win." Any way...something to that effect. I would have swung for the fences on endorsements, not the contract.

I completely understand that I'm in the minority on how this could have worked out since no one is doing what I have suggested.

I have thought the contract was a mistake on Dak's part all along. But not so much because the cap wouldn't bear it. It looked like the cap was going to increase in a way that would make the contract manageable to me. I just think it was a missed opportunity.

My opinion has nothing to do with whether or not Dak is worth it as a player. I think he got around market value. His salary had nothing to do with us getting ejected from the playoffs yet again. His play, and many others on the team, are the reason we sat at home last off season.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They all thank you Dak!!!!!
As you're going to make them a lot richer taking Jerry to the cleaners!!!
qb.jpg

Silly

Reaction score
Does it matter that only 3 of the 6 have won a super bowl?

aikemirv

Reaction score
ok, I have a question here...last year we kept hearing from everyone he is second highest paid player, so he needs to play like it. so now he is 5th highest, does it mean he needs to play like 5th best and if in two years he is 12th best, does it mean then he needs to be 12th best...just wondering.

I am sure somebody will say, if he played like a top 15 player we would be happy....but that's missing the point on the question
As long as the salary cap does not increase as much as their contracts, they all need to play like #1 for their team to get anywhere

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Pretty soon it's gonna be the QB taking up 90% of the cap and the rest of the team will be undrafted free agents.
They really need to address this issue in the next cba.

Maybe but as stated earlier in a tweet by one GM, Jackson opens a whole new landscape. Franchise QBs are starting to realized the impact of how much control they have over teams' success. Actually, its always been there they never used it UNTIL what we've seen with Rodger and Watson. Watson particular......the Panthers are probably kicking themselves coz all they had to do was guarantee the last two years of his $156M deal and he would be a Panther. Although they had no problem with the first two years, they decline and he took them off his list. Browns stepped up and said no only will we guarantee ALL FOUR YEARS but well bump it from $39M to 46M. This could be the tip of the iceberg. Would not surprise me to see more fully guaranteed deals but only at the QB position.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
its been a game of leap frog for a long time, which is why all the people on this board going on about Dak should not be the highest paid was a bit comical ta the time. That distinction is so fleeting. He'll be 10th most highest paid before you know it

Those of us who weren't that upset at Dak's contract said at the time that it wasn't a bad deal because if he didn't get the $40 mil the price for a starting qb, even not a top-5 qb, would be past $40 mil shortly. And so it is.

Whether or not Dak can be a SB winning qb is yet to be determined (no matter what the anti-Dak posters say), but he was, if the Cowboys wanted it, locked in until after the 2024 season. By next year I would be willing to bet a dollar to a donut there will be at least 4 $50 mil qb contracts by then.

Dak's contract won't be exactly a bargain, but it'll sure be better than a $50 or even $45 million dollar contract.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
he has shown he is average especially under pressure. He’s never going to play like a top 5 QB when the pressure is on against the best teams. That’s when the elite QBs show who they are. He’s a stat padder like Cousins. Only his homies think he will play like an elite QB
I never said he wasn't bad or average....its the logic of the line of thinking. it made no sense then, makes no sense now

Kingofholland

Reaction score
Pretty sure we are adding Lamar Jackson and Russell Wilson real soon.......but one GM tweeted Watson's new deal could change the landscape entirely, whatever that means. Qbs start demanding fully guaranteed contracts?

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/19/matthew-stafford-signs-new-contract-with-rams/

Matthew Stafford signs new contract with Rams
Posted by Michael David Smith on March 19, 2022, 4:22 PM EDT

Eventually Dak's contract will put him #10 and then we can then say he's being paid appropriately!!

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
i
He’s a stat padder like Cousins.

So let me get this straight - when he plays a weak team, and the play called results in a wide open receiver that can go 60 yards for a td, he's supposed to throw the ball away, take a sack or make a throw to a receiver that has 3 guys just waiting to tackle the receiver, so he then won't have great stats.

So he can't have great stats unless it's in a game against a top team.

Ok, now I got it. Thanks for clarifying that for us...