Twitter: All that Power Has Gone to Moore's Head

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Moore is not the next McVay or Payton...this is just Jerry hoping that Moore can save JG from being fired and Jerry being mocked for wasting 9 years on someone who likely could not coach a dodgeball team...
Huh? Video was mocking Jerry? What in the world are you talking about? And who said Moore was the next Payton or McVay (and how do we know he is isn’t)? You are so eager to complain you aren’t making sense.

Eanwen

Reaction score
"This offense is too predictable!" "We need more shifting and misdirection!"

Backup center lines up at QB then motions out to TE.

"The power had gone to Moore's head!"
This is the fun thread, not the "everyone sucks" thread. Maybe I should add more emotes next time.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
First people want exotic formations. Now it is too much. Can't have it both ways.

Wait until he has receivers lining up at tackle and the tackles at receiver. That's really going to blow defensive coordinators' minds.

Eanwen

Reaction score
Watching this again this morning. I just realized the OL and the fb all flow to the offense's right. This looks like a RPO, with the run part I'm guessing is Dak keeping it, because it doesn't look like he fakes it to the fb. The OL blocking kinda looks like a stretch play, doesn't it? That would be nuts if Dak ran out of that.

kskboys

Reaction score
Power going to Moore's head? Have you watched this kid? He is highly highly unlikely to be affected by power. Just not that type of person. I'd say you are misreading his personality badly.

irishline

Reaction score
Moore is not the next McVay or Payton...this is just Jerry hoping that Moore can save JG from being fired and Jerry being mocked for wasting 9 years on someone who likely could not coach a dodgeball team...

giphy.gif

Not as well as Patches that's for sure...

Edit: I see Stash beat me to it. Should have known.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Wouldn’t you just wait till Prescott got back then run the correct Defense?
yes, but its a trick play....should not be mistaken for a regular play we run. its to confuse the defense...which in this case they probably expected Dak to go back and take the snap (or was he, perhaps a direct snap in a wild cat to the WR or RB). Joe looney ended up as a TE at the end of the formation, which made it a super jumbo package. but it leaves little time for defense to adjust.

at least he is trying something new.....its preseason. its practice.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

:huh::laugh:

YOLO, I guess.

I think they were just having some fun.

Everyone on the team seems to love Jumbo Joe.

Having said that:
When Kellen Moore was a Boise St., there was a play where they lined an OL up out wide.

He was not eligible to catch a pass, IIRC, and just stayed there without crossing the line after the snap, but it made the defense wonder what was happening.