All the coaches still in the Playoffs are known for their innovative and smart game plans. Garrett?

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Garrett, if he is known for anything, it is his motivational skills.

What is more important as a HC.
Being a coach who has innovative, creative and smart game plans, or a coach who is known as a motivator?

Belicheat probably spends 99.5% of his time prior to,and during the game, game planning OR adjusting his game plan not motivating his players! Even when motivating Belicheat is talking about his game plan. “Do your job”( like the game plan taught you)

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
This coaching staff is wasting hall of fame talent in Dak and Zeke

LOL the hits just keep on coming.:)

Also OP don't forget these are the top four offenses in football in terms of points scored.

We will never be up there with the style of offense we have to run with Dak. In Tony's prime, yes, but now the way this team is built.

I'm not saying we can't win the way we are built - but we can't score at a 30 points per game clip.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Do you think they tie the game if 38 makes a play?
Well, Garrett and Linehan would have to let Dak go no huddle. He’s at his best up tempo. I think we could have scored with Dak going no huddle but, we still needed the 2 point conversion. Linehan would have called a low % fade against Taleb to end our season on the 2 point conversion. Garrwtt and Linehan don’t coach to Dak’s strengths.

Was Heath interviewed about that play after the game? I don’t know how Heath did not see Goff rolling out. Aikman didn’t even mention it during the telecast.

Last edited:

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Why bring him up? He's not still in the playoff hunt.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score

Being a coach who has innovative, creative and smart game plans, or a coach who is known as a motivator?

Belicheat probably spends 99.5% of his time prior to,and during the game, game planning OR adjusting his game plan not motivating his players! Even when motivating Belicheat is talking about his game plan. “Do your job”( like the game plan taught you)
Andy Reid I wouldnt call it great scheme. He has the perfect combination of a street ball QB and street ball WR. And when that’s covered up dump it to Kelce over the middle.

When they had hunt they were unbeatable.

Willfreedom909

Reaction score
LOL the hits just keep on coming.:)

Also OP don't forget these are the top four offenses in football in terms of points scored.

We will never be up there with the style of offense we have to run with Dak. In Tony's prime, yes, but now the way this team is built.

I'm not saying we can't win the way we are built - but we can't score at a 30 points per game clip.
Tony never made the cowboys a top 3 ranked or even top 5 scoring offense in the playoffs.

Dak is a much better offensive threat.

Last edited:

Beast_from_East

Reaction score

That is why Garrett is sitting on the couch right now.

SSoup

Reaction score
Uh, no, Andy Reid isn't really famous for being innovative or particularly smart. Even at the peak of his career, when the Eagles went to 4 straight NFC championship games (the last of them leading to a Super Bowl berth), he wasn't typically heralded as brilliant. I think he was often tagged as being dumb, actually. That may be because of genuine issues like stubborn playcalling or clock- or game-management incompetence, or it may simply be because his extreme weight caused people to see him as a cartoonish oaf.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Uh, no, Andy Reid isn't really famous for being innovative or particularly smart. Even at the peak of his career, when the Eagles went to 4 straight NFC championship games (the last of them leading to a Super Bowl berth), he wasn't typically heralded as brilliant. I think he was often tagged as being dumb, actually. That may be because of genuine issues like stubborn playcalling or clock- or game-management incompetence, or it may simply be because his extreme weight caused people to see him as a cartoonish oaf.
And/or,,,an unappreciative fan base of self absorbed muck dwelling bivalves not content to dwell with the rest of the:
" other happy clams of footballish fandom" ,,,

* Andy Reid always brought a team& scheme to play the game up to his available strengths at hand,,,ALWAYSo_O

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score

Well, just so you know, Garrett and his awesome staff are coaching the Pro Bowl team. That accomplishment alone should be worth at least a 5 year extension. :rolleyes:

Birch_Wood

Reaction score

It would be interesting to know how much time, detail and emphasis is put on game planning for another team vs how much Belichick is doing this.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
I would like to hear what happened there.

If only there were a profession dedicated to analyzing sports competition and bringing interesting facts to light.
His responsibility was the TE. We know this. They got burned by that play earlier in the game.

The problem is that these coaches either a) ignored the possibility of Goff rolling out or b) told Heath to deal with both.